Stoke 1-3 Arsenal

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 60
  • Views Views 2K
Consider:

1. Surely it's overly time-consuming. He spends 20-30 seconds doing it.
2. If he just cleaned it using his shirt, that would be less of a problem, but he gets an extraneous object (a frickin towel) to clean it.
20-30 seconds is hardly time consuming when he only gets to do it 2 or 3 times a game.

Sometimes he can't use the shirt as it is yet, so it doesn't dry.

Im rather confused as to how cleaning a ball is cheating oO)

Last edited:
I've just watched it back on MOTD, and to be fair I can't see why the ref cannot give the red card. He was right in front of it. It was a very hard 50-50 tackle, Ramsey was just too quick for Shawcross. I'm a massive fan of Shawcross and to see him get sent off in a incident like this does make me sad.

Credit to the Stoke fans, applauding him off.

20-30 seconds is hardly time consuming when he only gets to do it 2 or 3 times a game.

Sometimes he can't use the shirt as it is yet, so it doesn't dry.
30 seconds to take a bleedin' throw-in? I fail to see the logic in why that's permissible.

30 seconds to take a bleedin' throw-in? I fail to see the logic in why that's permissible.
It can take up to a minute to take a free kick or a penalty at times. I fail to see how it's cheating, any referee with a brain will simply add on the time at the end of the half, it's hardly rocket science.

That is all bias from an Arsenal fan. Just because Pulis defended his own player as any manager would do, and you failed to handle a long throw in.

He's gonna be biased, he supports the club who's player has been most affected by the incident, I'd do the same if it was a Fulham player on the of that challenge.

The fact that I support Arsenal has nothing to do with how I view Delap's throw-ins, it's my view as a fan of football than it's an unfair advantage.

That is like critisising Barcelona for playing too skillfully, it just makes no sense

It can take up to a minute to take a free kick or a penalty at times. I fail to see how it's cheating, any referee with a brain will simply add on the time at the end of the half, it's hardly rocket science.
That's to actually make sure the wall is in place, the goalkeeper is on the line and so on, not due to the player standing around, drying a **** ball.

And referees don't have brains :) Even though that's another discussion entirely, leaving timekeeping in the hands of the referee is quite iffy as well, as we've seen a few times this season.

That is like critisising Barcelona for playing too skillfully, it just makes no sense
No it isn't. Barcelona play within the constraints of the rules of the game, Delap is teetering on the edge of what's legal, or what should be legal in any case.

50/50 challenge, shouldn't have been a booking never mind a red. I think the ref was influenced by the injury.

I hope the lad has a speedy recovery.

Of course it was a reaction, look at the ref as soon as he gets wind of the situation, rush of blood, cacked himself, I hold no blame although I expect the red to be rescinded if the PL have any balls.

Overall, some of the **** going about t'interweb is unbelievable, death threats to Shawcross etc etc etc.

The tackle was 50/50 at best, Ramsey (poor lad) was as committed as Shawcross and came off worse, it is football and therefore a game of contact, it happens, nothing can be done.

As a side note, not to stir the pot but the reaction of Sol Campbell was apalling, he made no eyes whatsoever towards the lad lying on the ground, more interested in whether his boosted win bonus would be affected and as for Wenger, I despair when I listen/watch (to) him, such a biased point of view it is unreal. It is obvious once again he saw something different than I did.

Did you here when Wenger said that it isn't a coincidence that his players get injured? :S

The highlight though has to be Fabregas' shhh to Pulis XD

Nope. Don't care whether it's against Arsenal or.. let's see.. Newcastle, they suck. I don't love it either way.

I feel for the lad. Sad thing to happen so early on in a promosing career tho I think it was pure accidental. Shame they didnt show the replay tho I understand why. I saw a horiffic leg break in kickboxing one and it was hard to stomach. Wenger saying it was more than coincidence was mostly out of frustration I think. I really dont think theres a conspiracy to injure Arsenals players.

I feel for the lad. Sad thing to happen so early on in a promosing career tho I think it was pure accidental. Shame they didnt show the replay tho I understand why. I saw a horiffic leg break in kickboxing one and it was hard to stomach. Wenger saying it was more than coincidence was mostly out of frustration I think. I really dont think theres a conspiracy to injure Arsenals players.
I'll say right about the same thing I said in a different thread. These injuries are not coincidental purely down to the teams choose to play us, which is "give 'em a kick".

I'll say right about the same thing I said in a different thread. These injuries are not coincidental purely down to the teams choose to play us, which is "give 'em a kick".

That is exactly what happens?! 3 players in 5 years not every ****** game!

That is exactly what happens?! 3 players in 5 years not every ****** game!
Less than 4 years. Also, we don't play Birmingham every week do we? Thank ****.

Obviously, not every tackle injures players, you're just being obtuse right now.

How many other broken legs have we caused? None

Taylor plays for Watford now anyway

In alot o other countries teams play hard tackling football week in week out. I dont think they intentionally go out to kick Arsenal off the park.

Would you just take a second to actually read what I'm writing? I'm saying it's an inevitable byproduct of the way teams attack us.

You said 'we don't play Birmingham every week' which is implying we go in hard, all the times we have faced you. One broken leg. End of

I am reading but theyre not the only team who teams play hard against. I agree that they do but that theyre not the only team to get it rought yet Arseanal are the one to suffer unfortunate injuries.

Back