Stoke City Vs Arsenal (Sunday)

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 163
  • Views Views 9K

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And this sig on that forum was pretty funny, to be fair.

smalltimeciteh.jpg

Sorry for the OT :P

AARON RAMSEY returns to the ground where he broke his leg tomorrow.

The Arsenal youngster's right ankle was snapped following Ryan Shawcross' tackle at the Britannia Stadium in February 2010.
Stoke midfielder Glenn Whelan was the nearest to the scene and first to comfort Ramsey.
The Potters star did not only see the horror break - he HEARD it too.
Whelan admitted: "I knew something terrible had happened. I could see things weren't right and he knew himself but he was trying to touch his leg."
Whelan has not seen footage of the shocking incident since and admits he would turn the TV off if it came on.
In the commotion of the moment, he put his arm around his fellow pro and held Ramsey's leg while calling for medical attention.
The Republic of Ireland man, 27, added: "I was just trying to comfort him at the time. I'm sure he was going to try and touch his leg and I wanted to take his mind off that.
"I was saying not to worry, just talking nonsense really to take his mind off things. But, to be fair, the Arsenal staff came on sharpish and got on with things."
Ramsey's agent contacted Whelan in the aftermath and was sent a message of thanks from Arsenal.
But the Britannia boy does not regard himself as a hero.
Whelan added: "If I was on the other side of the pitch, there was no way that I was going over there.
"I was the next one in. I'm not squeamish but if I was 10 feet away, I'd have ended up 20 feet away.
"But because I was so close, that is really the only reason that I have gone in, just trying to help. I haven't spoken to him but we are delighted that he is back fit and, fingers crossed, he will stay like that.
"But if he plays on Sunday, we are looking for three points no matter who is against us.
"It's great, not just to see the guy scoring goals and winning games for Arsenal, but just to see the lad come back so quick.
"He is a terrific player and if he can get back to where he was before he will be unbelievable."
Ramsey, 20, returned to football nine months after his leg break with a loan stint at Nottingham Forest before rejoining former club Cardiff on a temporary deal in February.
And the Wales captain is now making an impact at the Gunners after scoring the winner against Manchester United last Sunday.
Ramsey's leg break took its toll on another player - Stoke defender Shawcross, the man whose challenge caused the injury.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gregg Whelan = top Bloke :)

Someone genuinely said "it wasn't a foul" - half of those guys are just absolute ***** to be honest.

Found an excellent post here, though: Oatcake Fanzine - Please dont boo Ramsey

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Another quick plug for my article on whether Arsenal should sign a poacher:

Discussion: Is the “poacher” the perfect Arsenal signing this summer? | Arsenal Report

Arsenal have struggled to score goals recently, bar salvaging at least some pride in our season last weekend. RvP has been one of the most consistent players over this dry period, however and a poacher would surely upset the balance that Van Persie and Fabregas bring to the side.

Nasri is injured, Arshavin steps in on the left I expect. Let's see if he really is finding his form again, he was excellent defensively in the second half against Utd. (Sorry!)

But this was hilarious: Guardian getting our tactics all wrong...

Squad sheets: Stoke City v Arsenal | Football | The Guardian < Apparently, Ramsey will play at left-wing, Arshavin will play in the hole & Squillaci will play instead of Koscielny :/

Stoke will have their eye on the cup final so Gooners to win 2-0.

Arsenal Team
4-3-3
Szczesny
Sagna Djourou Koscienly Gibbs
Ramsey Song Wilshere
Walcott Van Persie Arshavin

OR

4-2-3-1
Szczesny
Song Wilshere
Walcott Ramsey Arshavin
Van Persie

Last edited:
Not sure why we need 3 defenders on the bench. Surely just Verms and Eboue would be enough.

Arsenal Team

Szczesny

Ransey Song Wilshere

Walcott Van Persie Arshavin​

Seems a good line up, I think if AA23 can be arsed today we might get a few goals. Bit worried about Delap throw-ins to Djourou and Kos.

Almost as good as Sky's Arsenal lineup vs United. Reckoned Wilshere on the left, Nasri in the middle and Ramsey in the double pivot or something.

Yeah I saw that, too.

Put Wilshere at LW then for some obscure reason.

Just that the Guardian really couldn't be MORE wrong unless they put Arshavin in goal or something.

Arsenal Team
4-3-3
Szczesny
Ramsey Song Wilshere
Walcott Van Persie Arshavin

OR

4-2-3-1
Szczesny
Song Wilshere
Walcott Ramsey Arshavin
Van Persie

re-qouting the line up :)

RT @guardian_sport #Stoke: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Pennant, Whelan, Whitehead, Delap, Walters, Jones.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Haha:

Poll: How many times will Sky mention Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey's leg-busting trip to Stoke in 2010 between 1.45pm and 3.50pm today? Stoke City v Arsenal - live! | Simon Burnton | Football | guardian.co.uk

Would just be typical Arsenal to beat us one week and then lose to Stoke the next (no offence Stoke fans).. However Stoke have the Cup Final next weekend so I reckon a draw is on the cards.

Stoke 1-1 Arsenal - Faye / RVP

Ramsey and Shawcross shake hands, and I've heard the commentators mention it 3 times already and we're 97 seconds in.

Back