Stories in the Recent Threads List

Should Stories Be In The Recent Threads?

• Yes

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 12 16.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you're missing out on 99% of the forum. :)

Okay, but then when you said in an earlier post that if we want to read stories then we can just click on the Stories forum, surely it works the other way too. If someone doesn't want to read the story, don't click on it. If you hover over the Thread Title in the recent threads list, it shows you the OP, so hover over it, and if it's a story don't click on it.

Simple really?

i've read one or two decent tales here, but people won't get any followers if they don't appear in the recent threads list

Earlier I removed the Stories (& Network Games) forums from the Recent Threads list, so I'll leave it up to y'all if you want them back or not. If there are enough votes (ie. majority) to bring it back, I will. :)

Seems back-to-front to me, removing a feature and then asking members to vote for its return? :S

They wont be deleted. But obviously if anybody wants to create a new one then they will have to use the blog system.

Is there a thread explaining this new blog system in any detail, tried searching but couldn't find anything? Cheers.

Last edited:
This is a good minus from the Recent Threads list. I'm truly hoping the stories section is removed come the release of FM11.

Where is the new posts button?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

found it

Where is the new posts button?

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

found it
When you see click on forum, you will see a red button saying "new" at the side of each topic with new threads.

Personally, I don't like the story section, so I'm all for it being left out of "Recent Threads".

When a story has a thread title that can be misconstrued as an actual news story, it becomes quite annoying.

Perhaps a naming convention could be introduced to insist that stories have an appropriate sub-title alongside the header, in square brackets for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.