• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Teehee.

When will the storms be Ajt?

Some are pretty much starting up as we speak, but at the moment the main problem is very heavy rain midlands/northern england parts of wales, but theres meant to be some nasty stuff happening soon. The air is just so unstable it's nearly impossible to predict. But there is cloud to ground lightning in midlands right now, and it's getting very humid up here as we speak. Really hard to say, as left over cloud from last nights severe storms is affecting everything. But something is building up in Worcestershire

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I prefer my woman able to form cogent sentences as well. ;)

I'm stickin with sandwich making, sport interests and....well..thats it really lol. O yeah, and the ability to put up with intelligent debates and convos about nerdy things lol

Last edited:
I believe we were talking about North and South, so it's valid. ;) I think you're being a bit harsh on oranges there, though.

Essex doesn't count as a place, dammit!

That's cool. There's normally a low chance of seeing one in Europe for people. Only ever seen one once and that was over the Whitley Bay area, then it became a fragmented waterspout over sea. Only time ever seen one. Sayin that, the Midlands area is pretty much a "hotspot" for tornados, mainly because of the terrain and meeting moint of moving air masses.
I live in the Midlands. We some thunder/lightening last night. I hope we don't get a tornado :O!

I live in the Midlands. We some thunder/lightening last night. I hope we don't get a tornado :O!

We got nothing last night except light drizzle-was gutted cause I was pickin up tonnes of lightning discharges on the radio. Nowt to worry bout tornado wise mate anyway-they're pretty much extremely weak and very short lived. If we had the sort of air the US gets, would've been a very different story. Nowt to worry bout. Make for good pics on camera though

this is about to get very very ugly

Indeed. Sounds strange, but I'd rather the financial cost outweighs the human cost. Financially it would be devestating, but I'd rather see that than see families dying and basically tragedy. And the Tornadic storm season isn't nowhere near done yet. Normally moves on to the Texan plains end of this month/beginning of next. But this month it could sprout up anywhere, its just ridiculous. Even New Yorks been hit.

Yup, another bump lol

On Sunday, the town of Joplin was effectively wiped off the map by a single tornado, with the new death toll confirmed at 125. Initially, it was categorised as an F4 tornado (F0 weakest F5 strongest), but now it is being classed as an F5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT7CtF5ljxY
Joplin MO tornado: At least 89 dead as twister cuts 4-mile swathe through Missouri town | Mail Online

But from last night, round 2 began. Tornados spawned at Oklahoma City, and the suburbs, and also Arkansas and Kansas, in which 13 people were killed-one including a 15 month old boy .

14 Dead in Violent Weather in 3 States - FoxNews.com

But now as we speak, Missouri is being hammered by another tornado outbreak, and the city of St. Louis is at high risk from tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms, which will affect the Mississippi area.

News 4 storm coverage | KMOV.com St. Louis

There are indications that some of the tornados will be violent, and on top of that, some of the tornadic supercells are merging, creating confusion in where the tornadoes will touch down, as all the storms are capable, or have already produced, tornadoes already. The storm system is expected to move east/north east, producing more tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms. Safe to say, theres going to be much more destruction.

It's just incredible being so far away, but being able to witness births of tornadoes live on my laptop as it happens. Absolutely incredible

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back