Neither of mine had that. I had a slight intro similar to that in my first story where I broke my leg and 3 years later went applying for a job but had a much richer story than that....and my second one I am an Alcoholic that crashed his car and suffered injuries that way. Its the only logical way to say it if your manager profile is in their 20s

Only in your second one because I wrote it :p

My manager's mother died. Your's got lucky.

SO GREAT TO SEE my threads from before love this site, glad to have time for it now :D

its GREAT to see my old threads in this site still used <3 guys... thank god i have time for this now

Just wanted to post a few tips that i've learned from my experience at writing a story(ies).

1. Try and be as grammatically correct as possible. We're not asking you too be completely perfect or college material , but certain things, for example when talking about your team " We was very poor today " is really annoying to read , to me anyways. It should be "we were". (I'm in no way a grammar **** , it's easier to read for everyone)

2. Try to include images that are relevant to the topic such as screenshots of match day results. In regards to signings screenshot the transfer centre. League table , end of year awards etc. etc. etc.

3. Font and Colour: Try to remember that larger font is sore on the yes to read , i would recommend not to go over the size 3 font for headlines or titles. As for colour , don't use more than 2 or 3 colours in one post , it clashes and is ugly to read.

4. I love stories , that include diary entries from the managers personal diary. Gives us an insight to what is going on in the managers head, may or may not include personal life , for example girlfriends etc.

That's all for now. In no way am i telling you how to write your story , it's your story not mine i just wanted to share my views on making things easier for readers to enjoy your story as i often see people fretting about why people aren't reading their stories and/or posting feedback.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a few tips that i've learned from my experience at writing a story(ies).

1. Try and be as grammatically correct as possible. We're not asking you too be completely perfect or college material , but certain things, for example when talking about your team " We was very poor today " is really annoying to read , to me anyways. It should be "we were". (I'm in no way a grammar **** , it's easier to read for everyone)

2. Try to include images that are relevant to the topic such as screenshots of match day results. In regards to signings screenshot the transfer centre. League table , end of year awards etc. etc. etc.

3. Font and Colour: Try to remember that larger font is sore on the yes to read , i would recommend not to go over the size 3 font for headlines or titles. As for colour , don't use more than 2 or 3 colours in one post , it clashes and is ugly to read.

4. I love stories , that include diary entries from the managers personal diary. Gives us an insight to what is going on in the managers head, may or may not include personal life , for example girlfriends etc.

That's all for now. In no way am i telling you how to write your story , it's you story not mine i just wanted to share my views on making things easier for readers to enjoy your story as i often see people fretting about why people aren't reading their stories and/or posting feedback.

Correct spelling helps too ;)

Tell you one thing-back at the title naming bit is a right sod. Forgot how hard it is to think of one lol

As Seano said, terrible spelling and grammar is a great way of losing readers ;)

In regards to screenshots/images, not all stories need them. Take a look at mine, for example. A really good story can create the pictures in your mind :p

I like to use the 3 B's of character development. Background, Background, Background :D

Done, posted on your thread.

Will do Seano. Give me a few minutes.

I shall create a thread to deal with people who may ask for feedback and want my opinion on their stories and how to improve them. I could see this thread just fill up with people looking to get their story appraised and not to post useful tips for others.

This may sound stupid but how do you take screenshots of your game. I tried a few things but didn't work, I made do without in the end and just described my matchs. I'm forced to start a new story due to my laptop having to be restored and would like to add pics.

Go to the screen you want to get a screenshot of and hold down ALT and press F9. This will save the screen in a folder , Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager>Screenshots.

Need a bit of help re: my pics for the story. I get them from google, click on the line which says the full size image, so I get the full size image. I right click it, "save as" in the appropriate folder. But when I upload it for my story-it's always much smaller. Is there a way to make it a bit bigger so people don't have to keep clicking on a picture to see the full size image? Tips much appreciated.

Upload it to an Image hosting website such as Photobucket or image shack. That's the only way i'm aware of.

Upload it to an Image hosting website such as Photobucket or image shack. That's the only way i'm aware of.

Was hoping wouldn't have to. I have used it before but it seemed to be a faff on just to get a few pics up. But if that's the only way guess I'll go back to it. Tbh getting a bit tired of small pics surrounded by a wall of text.

Cheers :)

Was hoping wouldn't have to. I have used it before but it seemed to be a faff on just to get a few pics up. But if that's the only way guess I'll go back to it. Tbh getting a bit tired of small pics surrounded by a wall of text.

Cheers :)

Yeah i only ever used it for my Tranmere Logo and Canada Logo haha.

No problem (Y)

Double click the image and you should have the option to select view size. small, medium or large

Anybody else having problems with their stories?. Every time I go to carry mine on it keeps on having to refresh the webpage