Story

Valencia 4-0 Valencia Mestalla (Friendly)
Zigic (33)
Villa (44)
Miku (70,72)

Very impressed with Miku, he shall definately stay on my radar.

Transfer News
Just signed Claude Makelele from PSG for 600K, will be a good backup if one of Meduro, Fernandes, Banega, Baraja or Albelda gets injured.

And in other transfer new, Carlos Marchena has been player swapped with Sevilla's Federico Fazio. This is a deal with the future in mind as MArchena is 29 whilst Fazio is 22, and both have very similar qualities.

KV Mechelen 0-2 Valencia
Villa (67)
Miku (84)

No surprises that David Villa has been the star of pre season so far, although the surprise package has been Miku, having scored 3 goals in 2 games, he is definitely fighting for first choice strike partner with Zigic.

Last edited:
good luck m8 but i wouldnt sell villa or silva

Should have managed Chester. Any person who keeps them up with their 25 point dedcution shall be named a god.

Spear you were right. There is one. It was unneccessary to create another one LGFire.

Modena 2-3 Valencia (Friendly)
Rickler (6) Villa (50, 71, 90+1)
Napoli (42)

I have come to the conclusion that without David Villa, Valencia will be a very weak team, so it is necessary to maintain his fitness over the course of the season. In this friendly, I was very dissapointed with our first half display, but Villa and others stepped up, and we managed to gain a positive result.

Mouscron 1-3 Valencia (Friendly)
Pablo Hernandez (11)
Villa (17)

Nacho Gonzalez (52)

Today was another good performance which showed that not only David Villa can score for us with two midfielders chipping in with goals either side of the half.

Leiria 1-3 Valencia
David Villa (16, 90+3)
Nikola Zigic (56)

Once again David Villa showed exactly what a class act he is. But one thing which is really bugging me is...What should i play him as? Complete Striker, Poacher, Target Man, Deep Lying Forward, Advanced Forward?Advice would be much appreciated.

Transfer News
The board has handed me an extra 10million to spend on transfers. We need a replacement for Raul Albiol's departure and I have bought Breno for 8.25million. He is a 19 year old, who is already to the standard of our strongest centra back Federico Fazio, but he has more potential to fulfill. With the right guidance he could become one of the best center backs in the world! In the departure section, I have put David Albelda, Vicente and Miku on the transfer list and have offered them to clubs, only because I can only have 25 players in my first team squad. I expect Miku to leave permanently, while Albelda and Vicente will leave on loan deals.

The End of Friendlies
Valencia 4-0 Valencia Mestalla
KV Mechelen 0-2 Valencia
Modena 2-3 Valencia
Mouscron 1-3 Valencia
Leiria 1-3 Valencia

After this set of results, I feel pretty confident heading into my Europ Cup Qualifiers, with the vast array of tactics and a decent pool of players, Valencia should easily dispose of Fredrikstad. These two qualifiers will, in turn, be good practice games for the start of the LIGA BBVA season. My aim for this season is to finish in a Champions League place.

Euro Cup Qualifier 1st Leg
Fredrikstad 1-4 Valencia
Michel (4)
Villa (34)
Fazio (37)
Hernandez (48)
Overall I am very pleased with this result, however I am not happy that we did not keep a clean sheet. We are pretty much guaranteed qualification to the next round which makes me ecstatic, and allows me to rest some big names with LIGA BBVA in mind. However, failing to keep a clean sheet for some time worries me, as I feel our defence may not be capable of containing some of the Spanish teams.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Euro Cup Qualifier 2nd Leg
Valencia 1-1 Fredrikstad
Villa (60)

To be honest, I am highly dissapointed. I played a second string side hoping they would impress, but the likes of Joaquin, Alba, Del Horno and Zigic are not good enough for this squad. I will have to make do with them until maybe the end of the season, but they must go sooner rather than later.

Transfer Updates
In:
Claude Makelele for 600K
Federico Fazio for Player Exchange
Breno for 8.25Million
Out:
Carlos Marchena for Player Exchange
Miku for 2.5Million
David Albelda for Loan Fee 750K
Vicente for Loan Fee 750K

Pretty happy with my dealings, squad seems much stronger than the initial one. Hope they can cut it in LIGA BBVA.

Fixtures
Valencia v Xerez
Valencia v Atletico Madrid
Malaga v Valencia
Osasuna v Valencia
Valencia v Valladolid

I am expecting wins against Xerez, Malaga, Osasuna and Valladolid...all winnable games. A draw would be satisfactory against Atletico but I do not expect any losses.

Last edited:
Without being rude, can an Admin move this to FM Stories section. Considering there is a complete section for Stories such as.

Also, if you want a challenge, get Chester to L2 in 2 seasons (I've done it, it's do able) or Southampton to the Premiership in 3.

Otherwise, just the run of the mill LLM challenges.

Without being rude, can an Admin move this to FM Stories section. Considering there is a complete section for Stories such as.

Also, if you want a challenge, get Chester to L2 in 2 seasons (I've done it, it's do able) or Southampton to the Premiership in 3.

Otherwise, just the run of the mill LLM challenges.

Thanks for the advice, but I've already chosen to go with Valencia and see if I can make them into a Spanish and European force.

Results for September
Valencia 3-1 Xerez
Hernandez, Villa (2)
Valencia 2-2 Atletico Madrid
Zigic, Villa
Genk 0-5 Valencia
Hernandez, Fazio, Villa, Joaquin, OG
Malaga 1-0 Valencia
Osasuna 1-1 Valencia
Villa
Valencia 2-0 Valladolid
Silva, Villa
Valencia 4-0 FC Twente
Villa (4)
Deportivo 3-0 Valencia
Villa (3)

Overall, it has been extremely disappointing that we dropped points at Osasuna and Malaga, however our form in the Euro Cup has been great. David Villa, Breno and Fazio have been the stand out performers this month. Especially David Villa with 7 goals in 2 games!

Fixtures for October
Villarreal v Valencia
Valencia v Lazio (EC)
Valencia v Mallorca
Betis v Valenca (SC)

With only 2 league games in the upcoming month, I expect to gather at least 4 points. With two points being dropped at Villarreal, as they are a very tricky team. Otherwise I expect to win all the other games in all competitions.

Last edited:
Results
Villarreal 1-1 Valencia
Silva
To be honest, I was a bit dissapointed that we conceded in the latter stages of this game, as i felt we were the better team and deserved 3 points.
Valencia 2-2 Lazio (Euro Cup)
Banega (2)
This game really riled me up! With both Fazio and Alexis both being sent off! We were lucky that Banega had an eye for goal, otherwise we may have struggled to qualify for the knockout stages.
Valencia 1-1 Mallorca
Villa
This result dissapointed me. We controlled the first half, and then went behind in the opening stages of the second half. we were basically just looking to equalise and that only came in the last 5 minutes, so basically i saw this as 2 points dropped instead of 2 points gained.
Betis 0-3 Valencia (SC)
Zigic (3)
this cup game gave me a chance to try out my new 4-4-1-1 tactic and i decided to use Zigic up front and give Villa a break, that was a masterstroke as he secured us a spot in the next round with one leg to spare.
Sporting 3-5 Valencia
Gonzalez
Baraja
Villa (2)
Alexis
Our defending is giving me great concerns as this isnt the first time that we have conceded more than 3 goals against a relatively mediocre team, however the whole squad chipped in and 3 points were gained, so im not compaining.
Valencia 1-1 Genk (Euro Cup)
Miguel
A magical goal from Miguel was cancelled out by a 93rd minute own goal by Mathieu! very frustrating, however we have qualified for the knockout stages.
Valencia 2-2 Betis (SC)
Fazio
Silva
first half scares had me very angry, however two of my most trustworthy players came to the rescue and salvaged a respectable draw and home.
Real Madrid 4-1 Valencia
Silva
Hugely dissapointed. I was hoping to be able to stun Real and attempt to control the game through Counter offences. however, whatever i tried they basically swept my players away. This shows that Valencia are not ready to be contenders for the Spanish title and that more rebuilding must take place.
Valencia 1-0 Espanyol
Villa
Great way to bounce back from a heavy loss against one of the giants, was happy with Villa back to scoring ways, hwoever would have liked more goals! but 3 points is all that matters.
Valencia 1-0 Almeria
Breno
another 3 points through a one goal deficit, I dont see our luck riding on these performances and need Villa and Zigic to start scoring regularly again. Pleased that the defence is holding up well!
FC Twente 0-2 Valencia (Euro Cup)
Mata
Villa
Good cup game, sees us scoring more than 1 goal, really a warm up for the Getafe clash.
Getafe 3-4 Valencia
Villa (3)
Hernandez
Once again, defensive cracks begin to show, 3 goals let in! that is unacceptable. However, Villa decided that he wanted to start scoring goals again, which was lucky for us.
Valencia 0-3 Athletic
Finally, our luck ran out. We were trounced, we could not suppress Llorente. he was brilliant, killed us to be honest. Disgraceful performance by all of our players, and at home. Need massive improvements if we want to maintain our challenge for Top 4.
Lazio 3-1 Valencia (Euro Cup)
Maduro
Another sloppy defensive performance saw us unable to contain Zarate. Good thing we already qualified for knockout stages, however we did not finish first and we now face Everton in first knockout round.
Tenerife 1-3 Valencia
Villa (2)
OG
A decent performance saw us overcome a very defiant Tenerife. Very happy with the way in whih we controlled the game and attacked at will. Unlucky to concede late goal!
Valencia 3-0 Sevilla
Villa (3)

Immaculate defensive performance, MY defence proved they are capable of maintaining a performance for a whole 90 minutes! Villa was on song and brought us over the line. Very happy indeed.

After these sets of results, we are midway through December and we sit 3rd on the LIGA BBVA table. We must maintain this form through the Christmas period and gather momentum for the Spanish Cup and Euro Cup which we have chances of winning!

Back