Stothy's Immovable Object! [Woking to the FA Cup Semis! Overachievers!]

stothy862

Reaction score
Hello Community.

Many of you may know me as the guy who tried and failed many times, it wasn't that my tactics were poor, it was the fact they never took off and no one tried them. This time I am looking to change that.

Meet, my latest tactic, the immovable object:

WokingWoking_Tactics-9.png

Many observant people may see that infact, it employs the same formation yet again! The 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 that I have used since day 1. There is a reason for this, I love it.

English football lacks flair and this tactic utilises that, it brings all parts of the field into play when attacking and defending but still making use of the 5x5 and holding firm.

You Can't Lose If You Don't Concede.

This is the motto of this tactic, it's aimed at LLM or teams looking to overachieve, it stops teams from being able to score against you and therefore you gain the confidence and go on to win! Before you leave this doesn't mean it isn't high scoring! Oh no look here:

WokingvHartlepoolSplitView-1.png

StockportvWokingSplitView.png

So you can score and defend, interested?

I use a combination of these tactical ideas to help my tactic:
5x5 – Ensures committed attack and defence
Wing Backs – Cut the crosses out short and moves play on quicker
Nike Defence – One Centre half cuts out the run while the other holds the line together
Inside Forwards – Wingers surprise the defence by cutting inside and scoring
False Nine – Forward collects the ball from deep, pulling the defensive line to bits leaving room for attack.

Hints and tips
One thing I like about tactics are little things that make a big difference. i.e. OI and match prep! So here are some of mine:

OI: I use assistant OI but sometimes when playing tough teams I close down wingers and attack mids, show onto weaker foot or if they use the foot to cur in I show them on to the opposite foot therefore forcing them down the wings instead of shooting!

Match Prep: Use full Team blend until tactic is fairly competent then move on to standard with defensive positioning.

Play maker: Set the AM as the play maker in the flase nine but the LCM in Immovable Object, if you have an awesome winger i.e. Messi, set them as the play maker.

ANYONE FIND ANY OTHER LITTLE SECRETS, SHARE!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

In this file you will find:
Stothy's Immovable Object! - Use this tactic as your first choice
Stothy's False Nine - If that isn't working use this tactic
----------------------------------------------------------------
Stothy's False Nine Underdogs - If they aren't working too well try out one of these tactics dependant on the odds!
Stothy's False Nine Evens
Stothy's False Nine Superstars

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

This is one of the sort of things a false 9 can achieve!

1.png

Jeffers is open for a pass being tracked by a centre back.

2.png

Jeffers receives and the centre back goes in to tackle him, leaving lots of room in the centre for Newton.

3.png

Newton recieve in a one on one position

4.png

Newton Scores!

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Some results:
FA Cup Semis VS Arsenal
WokingvArsenalSplitView.png

Some more major cup results:
WokingvEvertonSplitView.png

WokingvBoltonSplitView.png

WokingvPortsmouthSplitView.png

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Here is a low down on the Positions:

Sweeper Keeper: The Keeper rushes out to get the ball so he will need to be quick and mentally strong as well as the normal!
Key:
Aerial Ability
Command Of Area
Agility
Handling
One On Ones
Reflexes
Composure
Concentration
Decisions
Positioning
Creativity
Acceleration
Pace

Wing backs Pushing the wingers further up the field, stopping their runs and crosses. Probably the most demanding position on the team!

Key:
Crossing
Marking
Tackling
Decisions
Positioning
Teamwork
Work rate
Stamina
Acceleration

Centre backs 2 separate roles here, one runs up, meets the attacker and distributes, the other covers him.

Key:
Heading
Tackling
Marking
Determination
Jumping

Ball Playing:
Aggression
Bravery
Passing
Composure
Concentration
Decisions

Cover:
Anticipation
Strength

Anchor Man This guy cuts out the runs short and tracks back to help out in defence, but also has some role in the build up to the attack!

Key:
Heading
Tackling
Anticipation
Concentration
Decisions
Determination
Positioning
Work Rate
Strength
Marking

Centre Mid The are again 2 roles here, one guy wins the ball, the other runs about like a lunatic trying to score and defend!

Key:
Marking
Bravery
Determination
Positioning
Work rate
Strength
Stamina

Ball Winning:
Tackling
Aggression
Teamwork

Box To Box:
Acceleration
Anticipation
Decisions
Dribbling
Finishing
First Touch
Heading
Long Shots
Off The Ball
Passing
Technique

Inside Forwards: These guys cut in from the wings while the attacker pulls away defenders so that they are open on goal!

Key:
Crossing
Dribbling
Finishing
Passing
Decisions
Flair
Off The Ball
Decisions
Teamwork
Acceleration
Pace

Preferably: Can play both left and right and use both feet!

Deep Lying Forward This guy opens up the defence for the rest of the team to burn down their tower!

Key:
Dribbling
First Touch
Long Shots
Passing
Technique
Creativity
Decisions
Off the Ball
Teamwork
Strength

FILTERS FOR ALL POSITIONS HERE

Last edited:
Looks like a good tactic, will give this a try when i decide to do a LLM save.

Looks interesting. More interesting than other tactics because of the sheer fact you have kept out better opposition and scored a goal despite being the inferior team on paper.

Looks interesting. More interesting than other tactics because of the sheer fact you have kept out better opposition and scored a goal despite being the inferior team on paper.

Exactly why I decided to post this! Perfect for LLM!

i think im gunna give this a whirl could be interesting looks pretty solid to me

i dont normally download tactics but this seems pretty decent and i think i might give it a go!!

This is a great response! Would love to see peoples results!

I love your presentation, I downloaded it just because of how enthusiastic you were!

My Inter team is full on into the tactic they're on at the moment and the season's nearly over but when I move club I'll give it a shot!

I love your presentation, I downloaded it just because of how enthusiastic you were!

My Inter team is full on into the tactic they're on at the moment and the season's nearly over but when I move club I'll give it a shot!

Brilliant! This is great to know, would love to see the results with a big club!

i like the fact that you have put some of your other tactics in there, might give some of them a go as well but i doubt that i will be playing on fm until next week at least due to snow/ revision

Last edited:
i like the fact that you have put some of your other tactics in there, might give some of them a go as well but i doubt that i will be playing on fm until next week at least due to snow/ revision

Yeh I understand! and yeh I find that they all just progress on from each other, so work well together! Therefore deserve a place with my best tactic!

just got the job at Sassoulo so I will try it with them,currently don't have nerves to create my own tactic

Just having a test on my unemployed start game where I am now with Motherwell and needed to tighten up a bit, especially against the old firm. Taking a bit of getting used to, as expected but now getting some encouraging results.

Thanks for the filters as well, very useful.

one problem for me, i can't see the pics. :S

ah well, does these work on fm10. i would totally hug u if they can :)

LLM ? - Low Profile teams?
Secondly in ur tactic the first screenshot ,shows them going down and up with that arrow, how can I do that in my tactic?