Average Joe

Reaction score
Just wondering which PPMs seem to be successful for strikers.

I have an all round unreal regen who is AMC / Striker, I use him as a complete forward. He has no PPMs. He scores a lot but not as many as I think he should for his attributes (I'm talking 27 in 32 though so he's still great!)

I have another striker with the beats offside, rounds keeper PPMs and another I can't think of. He is also really good but doesn't have as good of attributes as my first guy, yet scores over a goal a game.

Anyone notice that some PPMs have improves their strikers play?

I like to train my strikers with "Shots With Power" PPM because it look like this PPM makes them score more

I like to train my strikers with "Shots With Power" PPM because it look like this PPM makes them score more

And I like them to place shots in the corner... Some times they hit ball with too much power and that is then missed opportunity to score..

And I like them to place shots in the corner... Some times they hit ball with too much power and that is then missed opportunity to score..

No offense, and everybody is free to play the way he wants but it doesn't really work that way, at least if you want to be efficient...

What's the player's attributes in finishing, composure, technique, decision, strength...?

Would you ask to players like Lukaku or Diego Costa to "place shots"?
Would you ask to players like Neymar or Hazard to "shot with power"?

The same way, you can't ask a player to drop deep if he likes to beat the offside trap and has a great acceleration, off the ball, composure, finishing, and a poor vision, passing or teamwork to play with his mates... You could, but the player would be wasted if you get my point.

You really have to adapt according to the attributes and style of the player you have.

You really have to adapt according to the attributes and style of the player you have.

Totally agree mate!

Thing is, my best player is an AMC by default but has trained as an amazing complete forward. It's just so hard to pick where to play him as he is high in so many things.

Then there is my 'proper' striker, with slightly better finishing but generally lower attributes all round, who seems to score more regularly.

I was just wondering if anyone had noticed PPMs of their best strikers making an actual difference for goal ratios

I prefer to have "Shots With Power" PPM over "Place Shots" because I think that with "Shots With Power" strikers score more

I think you can't just say that "Shots With Power" is better than "Place Shots" because it depends on the attributes of your striker.

I think you can't just say that "Shots With Power" is better than "Place Shots" because it depends on the attributes of your striker.

Correct, they are both heavily effected by the composure and technique stats.

I prefer to have "Shots With Power" PPM over "Place Shots" because I think that with "Shots With Power" strikers score more

Would you still ask your player to "Shoot with power" if he has 8 in strength? But 17 in technique?

Maybe you are saying you prefer "shot with power" as a general rule, and in this case you mean you'll SELL the Neymar, Gameiro, Rossi type of striker of your squad to BUY the Lukaku or Diego Costa type? No problem, but I can guarantee that with the right attributes and role for your striker, "place shot" is deadly too and as efficient as "shot with power" (when it's appropriate).

Would you still ask your player to "Shoot with power" if he has 8 in strength? But 17 in technique?

Maybe you are saying you prefer "shot with power" as a general rule, and in this case you mean you'll SELL the Neymar, Gameiro, Rossi type of striker of your squad to BUY the Lukaku or Diego Costa type? No problem, but I can guarantee that with the right attributes and role for your striker, "place shot" is deadly too and as efficient as "shot with power" (when it's appropriate).
The strength attribute is only for upper body, making tackles etc. Shielding the ball, it has no effect on shot power in the game

I also think that the strength attribute has no effect on shot power in the game and the long shot attributes is taken into account when it comes to shot power

The strength attribute is only for upper body, making tackles etc. Shielding the ball, it has no effect on shot power in the game

I also think that the strength attribute has no effect on shot power in the game and the long shot attributes is taken into account when it comes to shot power

Do you actually tell that as a FACT (based on relevant SI information) or is this an opinion?

I always believed Strength was taken into account when choosing your player to shoot with power (PPM), so I can't really argue about this point as it is based on a belief but I'll be happy to get to know more if you have informations about it.

Do you actually tell that as a FACT (based on relevant SI information) or is this an opinion?

I always believed Strength was taken into account when choosing your player to shoot with power (PPM), so I can't really argue about this point as it is based on a belief but I'll be happy to get to know more if you have informations about it.

I believe wkd is correct, strength is more for jostling for the ball and things.

It's like heading, you could have a player with 20 heading but if he doesn't have good strength and jumping reach he won't win a lot. Luckily I have a 6 foot 6 defender with 20 strength, 18 heading and 19 jumping reach. He doesn't lose in the air much!

Yeah, i double checked on SI before I posted as im sure i was right but didnt want 2 get it wrong lol.

Shoots With Power versus Places Shots

http://community.sigames.com/showth...-detrimental?p=7742970&viewfull=1#post7742970

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-attributes

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-preferred-moves

Meh, i read it in there and a few other threads. Non of the mods in the thread corrected him so i took it as true.

I'm mistaken, cheers dude.

Strength in the manual definitiion - A player's strength is his ability to exert his physical force on an opponent to his benefit. A player with a high strength rating will be able to use it to his advantage against weaker opponents.

Last edited:
It's like heading, you could have a player with 20 heading but if he doesn't have good strength and jumping reach he won't win a lot. Luckily I have a 6 foot 6 defender with 20 strength, 18 heading and 19 jumping reach. He doesn't lose in the air much!

Yes I know, you're totally right about that.

Abouth the strength part:

I believe wkd is correct, strength is more for jostling for the ball and things.

I'm happy to hear about people's opinion, but it doesn't look like it's sure as a fact.

WK seems to be confident about it, that's why I ask again. For me, it sounds obvious that strength plays a part on "shoot with power" success, but again I don't know it as a fact and Ill be happy to change my belief based on an official information.

Seems strange that 'shoots with power' would require vision.

I suppose you need to know when to take a shot and when not to but I usually think about creative passing and things when i think of vision.

Decisions maybe but less so vision for shooting with power

If I'm thinking of real life, I'm Alan Shearer back in the day could belt a ball a lot harder and more accurately than Geoff Capes haha.

For me, I'd say shooting with power would be Technique, Finishing and Composure mainly, with Decisions and maybe Long shots backing those main ones up.