Meh, i read it in there and a few other threads. Non of the mods in the thread corrected him so i took it as true.

I'm mistaken, cheers dude.

All goo bro, I read these as well but there were no facts, so I sticked which what sounded obvious according to me.

(By the way, I read your post 17 AFTER I post mine on the post 18. I wouldn't have written it if I read your post 17 before, to stop any confusion...).

Strength in the manual definitiion - A player's strength is his ability to exert his physical force on an opponent to his benefit. A player with a high strength rating will be able to use it to his advantage against weaker opponents.

Thanks for the info ;)

Last edited:
No worries, dude i'll see if the question gets another guess or a mod confirmation.

Hahaha, I've seen your new thread on SI forum. Hopefully, cleon could clear this out ;)

So far so good, the MOD doesnt know... lol

There is contradicting info and I don't have a firm answer for you at the moment, except to say I have seen low strength players develop the PPM. Hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in, but if not, I'll try to find out.

Does the mod on here Dunc still come on? He worked on FM at one point or possibly still does....

I did ask my coach recently (while thinking strength doesn't contribute lol) to train one of my strikers to shoot with power, he said "I don't see this player being capable" I told him to do it anyway.

I trained my right back to develop weaker foot and coach said that wouldn't work but it went perfectly. Hopefully this works out the same

Hilarious!!!

Anyway, this has been an ongoing debate in the FM serie... :)

Does the mod on here Dunc still come on? He worked on FM at one point or possibly still does....

I did ask my coach recently (while thinking strength doesn't contribute lol) to train one of my strikers to shoot with power, he said "I don't see this player being capable" I told him to do it anyway.

I trained my right back to develop weaker foot and coach said that wouldn't work but it went perfectly. Hopefully this works out the same

I've seen players with strength at 8 have the PPM

I've seen players with strength at 8 have the PPM

Yeah but if strength does affect it, that guy is going to be ***** haha.

I've seen defenders with 6 dribbling 'runs with ball often' lol

Again, just an opinion here, there's 2 types of PPM:

A) The one the player CAN or CAN NOT learn:

The player needs the right attributes to learn a PPM. If the player is uncapable of learning it, he simply can't and won't, we agree on that, right?

Example:

- Long flat throw:
a right back with 6 on "long throw" can't learn it
- Tight marking: the defender with 8 on "marking" can't learn it

B) The one the player SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T learn:

Meaning, is this relevant for this player to learn this PPM?

Example:

- Looks for pass rather than attempting to score:

A player with a high finishing, composure, technique... still CAN learn it, but is it relevant to teach him this ppm knowing he'll waste some chances by passing instead of shooting?

- Plays no through ball or play short simple passes:
This is usually used for your less skilled players (poor passing, vision, technique...) like a defending midfielder. You don't want him to attempt long passes even if he sees a space (vision, decision) knowing he doesn't have the skill to attempt successfully the pass. You try to refrain his creativity.

On the other hand, a player with high attributes in passing, decision, technique, first touch... still can learn to play simple pass as well, but would he not be wasted too? (Unless you play a possession type of football and your tactic is adapted to it).

Anyway, my point is I believe Shoot with power is in the second category.
2 players A and B with the exact same attributes in long shot, technique, composure, but A with high strength attribute, and B with a poor one, both can learn the ppm.

They both shoot on target from outside the box, same position, same chance, same opposite GK... Do they both have the same probability to score?

I tend to believe the player A with the highest strength attibute will have a higher chance to convert his shot into a goal.

Last edited:
Players can have any PPM regardless of their attributes. However for this PPM to be really successful and useful then ofc the player needs a decent strength rating to profit from it. But to learn it, he doesn't need high attribute.

He has spoken!!

Hahaha, no more arguing about it, we have our answer.

Topic closed, lol...

Dunno who the **** Cleon is but fair enough haha.

All my strikers have 17+ in strength anyway so I'm sound either way lol

Dunno who the **** Cleon is but fair enough haha.

All my strikers have 17+ in strength anyway so I'm sound either way lol
He's someone who knows the ME and Training modules inside-out. Mod on SI.