Strikers are just brain dead this year?

jack1077

Reaction score
I have found that even world class players are shocking in front of net this year. I know the goalies got a buff and the strikers were nurfed a bit but this is just silly. The amount of one on one chances my 17 finishing 19 composure striker just puts straight into the keepers hands is infuriating. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I agree I'm getting avg of 5-6 CCC's a game over 10 shots on goal and only scoring 1-2 goals a game and even against lower teams so annoying and set pieces are driving me insane lol!!!! And it's amazing how AI will get 2 shot on target and 2 girls I get like 10 and one goal lol!!! It's crazy

I agree I'm getting avg of 5-6 CCC's a game over 10 shots on goal and only scoring 1-2 goals a game and even against lower teams so annoying and set pieces are driving me insane lol!!!! And it's amazing how AI will get 2 shot on target and 2 girls I get like 10 and one goal lol!!! It's crazy

How often does that happen? Cos it's not polar opposite to real life is it? The lesser team never seems to need as many shots to bag their goals.

Of course, they screw it. Not to mention that if you have 4 strikers, one of them will be always on drought. What amazed me most is that AI strikers with 12-13 finishing, 12-13 composure succeed to score every second shoot on my goal and my strikers with 16-17 finishing, 15-16 composure keep missing and they need 7-10 shots on the goal to score.

Benzema also had that problem yesterday. He needed like sixx very clear cut chance to score just twice. Bale got two? good chances and also sent it to the keepet's body.

If you got what you wanted here then you would be filing a too big scores bug report.

This is a funny thing because for one reason: I've had in every FM since 09 the problem that my strikers didn't score much and most was left to my wingers/attacking midfielders and this version that I read threads about strikers not scoring is the first version where my strikers are the top goalscorers of my team XD There's definitely something weird going on my games lol.

As for ccc: I almost never score cccs, I get the half cut chances. On another note, I'm observing a great discrepancy between what is counted as CCC and what is not. A lot of times I see as CCC something that actually shouldn't be: usually it's because the player is close to goal, but he's well marked, covered, on his weak foot and with the goalkeeper well placed so it's actually a shot that should be a miss and should never be a CCC the way it's shown. And then it's a miss. However, many chances where the striker receives with enough distance from his marker, the goalkeeper poorly positioned, that should be a goal and indeed is, I find counted as half chance.

My striker hit 43 goals last season and won the Adidas golden boot and domestic top scorer yet this season using same tactics and.players he is **** and couldn't score in a ***** house. Very annoying.

Benzema also had that problem yesterday. He needed like sixx very clear cut chance to score just twice. Bale got two? good chances and also sent it to the keepet's body.

If you got what you wanted here then you would be filing a too big scores bug report.

This is a funny thing because for one reason: I've had in every FM since 09 the problem that my strikers didn't score much and most was left to my wingers/attacking midfielders and this version that I read threads about strikers not scoring is the first version where my strikers are the top goalscorers of my team XD There's definitely something weird going on my games lol.

As for ccc: I almost never score cccs, I get the half cut chances. On another note, I'm observing a great discrepancy between what is counted as CCC and what is not. A lot of times I see as CCC something that actually shouldn't be: usually it's because the player is close to goal, but he's well marked, covered, on his weak foot and with the goalkeeper well placed so it's actually a shot that should be a miss and should never be a CCC the way it's shown. And then it's a miss. However, many chances where the striker receives with enough distance from his marker, the goalkeeper poorly positioned, that should be a goal and indeed is, I find counted as half chance.

Your right that more chances shouldn't be taken due to too many goals but I think the main problem is the ME produces too many chances and to balance this out they need strikers to miss more in order to not get an influx of goals. They need to re-balance this in order to get a realistic amount of chances - to goals ratio with the odd game where you miss more or score more depending on the quality of strikers/opposition.

I have 5 attackers (ST AML AMR AMC, and the 5th is roatation covering all attacking mid places) all scoring over 20 each at Madrid. Benzema ending the season on around 30 with over 10 assists.

I know they're all great players but I do think you need the right tactic to get the best from players even when you are making a lot of CCC.

How to get strikers back into form:

So a striker has been goalless for X hours?

Move him into reserves.

Arrange friendly with easy team for reserves. Have him score goals.

Move him back into main squad, he should be breaking that goal drought soon.

Its the way this years version registers CCC's most arent actually if u watch the full game. they might save 6 or more, when on viewing he should really only have 100% bagged one of them.

I had a player running shoulder to shoulder with a def. still one more and a keeper to beat, he passes the last and hits it from a tight angle but as both marker were now a yard away leaving him the keeper. its a CCC, was it really not much. he had maybe a 60% chance of beating the keeper through the legs if he was lucky.

can anyone actually explain how a player in an attacking position has his stats offset against a goalie he is against??

for example, your striker runs through from halfway and is one on one with the goalie and no defenders close. he has finishing, composure and decision stats all of 15 and the goalie has reflexes, one on one and rushing out stats all of 15, how do these effect the outcome?? how is the ratio of success for the goalie and player calculated??

I got so sick of my striker not scoring that i switched to an attacking 4-6-0. Having 3 players at AMC seems to work a lot better.

not really, huntelaar is almost equall in goal/games. Strikers are just fine bro, it's about tactic

I ain't exploiting Walcott as you can see with my assist chart nor am I scoring majority of my goals at the beginning or end of the games like some exploit tactics. This is my OWN CREATION. I will not share with anyone who blindly plays the game. Two separate shots to proof that strikers work, you can enjoy a great game, you don't HAVE to have your defenders scoring 10-20 per season from corners, etc etc.

View attachment 402414

View attachment 402413

can anyone actually explain how a player in an attacking position has his stats offset against a goalie he is against??

for example, your striker runs through from halfway and is one on one with the goalie and no defenders close. he has finishing, composure and decision stats all of 15 and the goalie has reflexes, one on one and rushing out stats all of 15, how do these effect the outcome?? how is the ratio of success for the goalie and player calculated??

First of all, whatever the calculation is, it will never be a 100% for either side.

1 - I figure there would be a number of circumstance data: distance striker-goalkeeper, distance striker-goal, distance striker-closer defenders, angle from striker to goal line, importance of match, scoreline.

2 - Goalkeeper data: One on ones (direct stat), reflexes (for when shot happens), aggression (to close down and reduce angle or keep back), rushing out (combined with the previous), determination (I'm going to save this!!), positioning (to be where the striker will have the less angle), pace, acceleration (both to close down and achieve best positioning in time), agility (to meet any change of direction fast), aerial ability (against lobs), bravery (dare to get the ball at his feet or tackle it off), composure (to keep calm), concentration (specially if he's seen little job, to stay sharp), anticipation? (to make the right bet on what the striker will do or when), whether he likes important matches, body language, morale. Leadership? (how influential and respected it is and hence how much fear/respect he instills in opposition making him doubt more of his chances)

3 - Striker: Finishing (direct attribute), composure (keep calm on the important moment), decision (to pick the most likely to be successful shot), first touch (if he's receiving a pass not to let it get off to the keeper before the one on one can happen), dribbling (if he goes around goalkeeper), agility and balance (to change direction and vary shot angle), anticipation (to figure what will be goalkeeper's movement), determination (I gotta score this), technique (to have more ways in which to beat the keeper), concentration? (to not mess up being half asleep), how much he likes important games, body language, morale. Goals already scored during the match?. Leadership? (see above).

Give or take some attributes, hidden or otherwise. Within a maximum and minimum probabilities, <100% and >0% respectively, each circumstance could modify those limits, then each point in some attributes would modify weight of other attributes and then those would be weight, those for goalkeeper would take down probability, those in striker augment it, until a range could be determined from minimum (left post/crossbar) to a maximum (right post/crossbar) and the roll determines if the ball goes in, off or is saved. If saved, then there'd be a strength of shot (where striker's strength and foot used would be taken into account) versus handling and tendency to punch (strength too?) to decide if goalkeeper holds it, punches it away, tips it or blocks.

More or less that's how I'd figure it out.

The best thing is to have a false 9, if your using a lone striker or not the best thing is false 9, they score for fun for me.