.Stu.'s Newcastle United Guide

Did you find this Helpful??

• Yes :-)

Votes: 59 89.4%
  • No :-(

Votes: 7 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a nice guide, you've named the squad and staff, but you haven't said what the starting 11 should be,

p.s do u know any decent Newcastle facepacks?

i have seen some people play Joey Barton in wide midfield role Andy Carrol DLF or CF

I'd suggest making Joey Barton captain, as even in FM game world, this has a rippling effect which causes all players to look up, listen, and obey. It creates a disciplined spirit around the training ground, which in turn leads Joey into the archtypical 'Alpha Male' role, from which he gets many many assists.

Never make Joey Barton captain! Kevin Nolan immediatly puts in a transfer request, then if you change it back Joey Barton does the same.

Nice guide Stu and some good info too I agree never ever sell S Taylor he is still my captain in 2016 and playing well in all competitions also on 2nd season M Schelotto (free) J Yobo (1.7mil) they are both quality especially Schelotto

Last edited:
Noticed an error in your OP. You said the coack from Dinamo is called Jozek. I've just filtered a search when playing for Porto and it's Jozak. Great guide, will definitely help people :)

Really helpful guide Stu :)... Small question, have you ever permantently transferred Ben Arfa? I tried during the first transfer window, January and end of season but with no success, always seems not interested moving to Newcastle.. I'm starting the 2nd season and I play 4-1-2-1-2 with 2 CM's and a playmaker so you could see Hatem is vital in my game plan...

Sorry to be really picky and I mean, really picky but you missed Ole Solderberg from your "default" goalkeepers :p

Otherwise another fantastic guide! Was thinking of having a Newcastle save, should definitely help me out!

Really helpful guide Stu :)... Small question, have you ever permantently transferred Ben Arfa? I tried during the first transfer window, January and end of season but with no success, always seems not interested moving to Newcastle.. I'm starting the 2nd season and I play 4-1-2-1-2 with 2 CM's and a playmaker so you could see Hatem is vital in my game plan...

Ben Arfa is tricky to sign, I usually try and get the board to sign him, as he usually signs permanently if you get into Europe

Sorry to be really picky and I mean, really picky but you missed Ole Solderberg from your "default" goalkeepers :p

Otherwise another fantastic guide! Was thinking of having a Newcastle save, should definitely help me out!

Soderberg is ****, i will add though :)

Ben Arfa

I have also had mixed results in signing Ben Arfa. On one occasion I let his loan finish, he went back to OM and they transfer listed him for $1.5 mil... got him for a bargain... Next time i tried buying him during the loan spell and he wouldnt enter contract negotiations..
He is a tough one...

Couldn't agree more Solerberg is rubbish no matter how well you train him up

Soderberg is ****, i will add though :)[/QUOTE]

Nice guide.

I always use Newcastle as I get the most enjoyment out of using them as I support them. Though I am in 2016 and I don't have a single Newcastle player left in my team oO) I like to build with young players (always been my way) and I'm doing quite well (1st in league and in champs league for past 4 seasons).

I went out and bought Cairney from Hull as my only purchase in my first season and qualified for Euro cup in the first 2 seasons. Simpson and Caroll both became unhappy in the second season and wanted to move to bigger clubs so had to let them move on. Bought Tiago Alves to replace Caroll and Nathaniel Clyne to replace Simpson. Was also offered Toby Alderweireld from Ajax and got him for 10mil from Ajax who isnt too bad.