Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bryan Gunn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 12 14.5%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 79730

Title says it all really, i would like to know who the rest of fm base think was the stupidest sacking of the season, it can be in any league

Phil Brown- Though many would disagree with me i think he is a top manager, he took hull to the premiership with limited resources and kept them up there, I thought his teamtalk was very necessary as i unlike many watched that game, and they were awful, fans payed good money to get to Manchester and they watched that pure rubbish, anyway share your opinions

Mark Hughes. He'd lost once in the league and was sacked for drawing too much, whereas most teams would probably be fairly happy with draws over losses.

Thought hughes would be a popular answer, too many draws and no defence organisation, mancini is miles better

Mark Hughes and The Hamburg Manager I heard he got sacked for losing one match?

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Thought hughes would be a popular answer, too many draws and no defence organisation, mancini is miles better

Yeah but Hughes had the backing of his players and Mancini has created an uneven dressing room with what i heard as Tevez and Bellamy really dislike him

Was Darren Ferguson sacked?

If so, that's got to be up there.

Bellamy hates everyone, and Tevez is always disliking someone wherever he goes usually.

But on topic, Mark Hughes, by a mile.

Darren wasn't sacked, he left on his own accord.

Also, Mark Hughes and Phil Brown, I totally agree with.

Guys i know some of the choices are stupid, but i wanted to fill the poll up a bit

As a Middlesbrough fan I had to say Southgate.

If you are going to sack a manager when you get relegated, do it before the season starts not when you are 14 games in and 1 point off the top.

Yes attendances were dropping, but they had been dropping since the McClaren days (apart from the UEFA/CC bandwagon jumpers) - and the ridiculous priced tickets for a championship side in one of the poorest/highest unemployed regions of the UK probably isn't the best idea..

Yes we got battered by WBA 5-0 at home, and our home form had been poor but our away form was decent and in no way were we struggling. Southgate left, Strachan came in and we went about 10 games without a win, effectively ruling us out of a play off place.

If Sir Steve was going to sack him, it had to be either;

- When we had a chance of staying in the EPL
- Before the championship season started.

Loved Southgate as a player and his style as a manager, I miss him!

Tony Mowbray; **** results short-term but 8 months is a joke tbh.
On this poll, Phil Brown imo.

Phil Brown nuff said
He took Hull to the promise land and kept them their for a 2nd season, obviously the right man for the job.

**** i forgot mowbray, sorry guys, as for whoever voted for John Barnes, please get sorted out :P

I feel for Boro fans after the Southgate sacking.

Stupid. *Spits*

**** i forgot mowbray, sorry guys, as for whoever voted for John Barnes, please get sorted out :P

Forgot Tony Mowbray? After losing 4-0 to a team that could well be relegated this year (St Mirren) I think he should've went, though I was disappointed<)

As a Middlesbrough fan I had to say Southgate.

If you are going to sack a manager when you get relegated, do it before the season starts not when you are 14 games in and 1 point off the top.

Yes attendances were dropping, but they had been dropping since the McClaren days (apart from the UEFA/CC bandwagon jumpers) - and the ridiculous priced tickets for a championship side in one of the poorest/highest unemployed regions of the UK probably isn't the best idea..

Yes we got battered by WBA 5-0 at home, and our home form had been poor but our away form was decent and in no way were we struggling. Southgate left, Strachan came in and we went about 10 games without a win, effectively ruling us out of a play off place.

If Sir Steve was going to sack him, it had to be either;

- When we had a chance of staying in the EPL
- Before the championship season started.

Loved Southgate as a player and his style as a manager, I miss him!

as a boro fan also i agree 110%, but now strachan has more of his players (Celtic) hopefully he can produce better results.
would love to know what would have hapened if southgate wasn't sacked :'(:'(

btw if you read some of the boro sites posts, (mainly by keith lamb) boro seem soo confident lol

Back