Votes: 2 2.4%
  • John Barnes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Bryan Gunn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gareth Southgate

Votes: 12 14.5%

• Total voters
Strachan is a **** manager, his success was with celtic, one of the easiest jobs on the planet

Tony Mowbray; **** results short-term but 8 months is a joke tbh.
On this poll, Phil Brown imo.
Disagree with Mowbray. Yeah he was there for 8 months but he demolished any hope for chemistry in the team with his clearing out [especially getting rid of Fox... he is better than Naylor by a mile!] which, in turn, demolished Celtic in the league, the cups AND The Europa League. Lennon's a better choice, and the players have been better under him in his few matches than they have ever been under Mowbray.

However, I can't vote since I don't know the reasons for the managers in the poll getting sacked.

Mark Hughes. City were a lot more exciting and feared under him I think. The defence was dreadful but I'm sure it would have improved. A few players have dipped under the Italian in my opinion. Mancini will not be the man to lead City to the promise land (I'm not saying Mark Hughes is). He has such a negative outlook. I'm glad City were beaten so late by United every time this season. If you go and play the ***** they play then you deserve to be beaten by a goal so late. He may have tightened up the defence but I don't think he has the skills or the man management ability to succeed.

Phil Browns sacking was made at the wrong time. The only thing wrong about it was the time of the sacking. He's an idiot with the wrong attitude to be a success at the top level.

You put Bryan Gunn on?
How could that be stupid?
We then got Lambert, he got shot of the awful keeper Gunn brought in, sorted the team out, and now we've won the title. What could be stupid, or even slightly bad, about that?

You put Bryan Gunn on?
How could that be stupid?
We then got Lambert, he got shot of the awful keeper Gunn brought in, sorted the team out, and now we've won the title. What could be stupid, or even slightly bad, about that?
they sacked him after one game, pure stupidity

Phil Brown. What made it even worse was dowie replacing him, a man whos been sacked from his last few jobs

Last edited:
Bruno Labbadia definitely.

How can u sack a manager 3 days before the Semi Final ??

What about Paul Hart got sacked from pompy then moved to two other clubs which he got sacked from aswell in the same year/season

Hardly.oO)
The decision has been pretty much justified by norwich winning the league.:P

If sacking a manager and replacing him with one who guides you to the top of the table is a bad decision, whats a good decision?oO)

Hardly.oO)
The decision has been pretty much justified by norwich winning the league.:P

If sacking a manager and replacing him with one who guides you to the top of the table is a bad decision, whats a good decision?oO)
at the time it was a bad decision, they had no idea that lambert would be a good manager and guide them to promotion?

at the time it was a bad decision, they had no idea that lambert would be a good manager and guide them to promotion?
No one knows anything for sure in football surely?oO)
It was a risky decision i guess, but it paid off. Lambert has done brilliantly and it seems quite clear it was a pretty good decision and about a million miles from being a dumb one.oO)

You do realise how awful his signings were, and that he was awful at the back end of last season. Its not pure stupidity if you sack a **** manager and hire a great one. You can also add that Gunn was inexperienced in a managerial role, and had failed to keep us up, and then his biggest signing was ******* terrible, straight from the off, while Lambert had already been pretty successful (lead Wycombe to semi-finals of FA Cup a couple years ago) and had at least some experience as a manager. Plus he did the 2 best things possible - got rid of Theoklitos and Otsemobor.
Lets put it this way - Imagine Man City are in the bottom half of the table in January. They hire a new manager, and he fails to keep a strong side, for the league they are in, up. Then they get hammered first day of the season in a league they shouldn't even be in. Do you think the manager they hire deserves to keep his job? No. *******. Chance.
Then, you hire a new manager, who eventually wins you the league. Would you say hiring the new guy was a stupid decision? Would you ****. If you think that that's a stupid decision, then, no offence, but you're a ******* imbecile.

Last edited:
Sacking Gareth Southgate was idiotic to the max, I think some people underestimate how hard it is to get promoted from the Championship as Middlesborough aren't even in play-offs anymore. Ridiculous decision and I hope Southgate gets back in management sooner rather than later.

Back