Suarez handball? Anybody found that exciting?

gametime

Reaction score
They just started showing repeats of last years World Cup and i was watching the Uruguay vs Ghana highlights, and how Suarez saved Uruguay, and the drama that unfolded after that handball.

Most people in my country ( SA ) were supporting Ghana, and being the person i am, supported the least supported team that time, Uruguay. Anybody found that match exciting, especially towards the end. And found thats another reason why you love football so much. I know most people whine about how unfair it is to Ghana, (people in SA atleast). Even if it was my team, i would of accepted it.

It was Gyans fault for missing the pen, imo. I would have done what Suarez did, and I bet most people would do.

**** Ghana, they beat Serbia. They deserve it! ( Dunc, its a joke ;) )
It's was unfair, and that shows what kind of person is Suarez. A patriot. A moron. I didn't watch the game, but I've seen the "incident". But, there's punishment for handball, he got red card and Ghana got penality. Gyan ( if Im right) didn't score and thats it.

I mean dont get me wrong, if the ref didnt see saurez's handball, and that was what would of sent Ghana home. I would of agreed they were cheated.

He did what just about everyone would do, and got punished for it.

The proper punishment was meted out tbh, a penalty was given but Gyan did not score, thats that

People still say "Ghana was cheated"

well the likelihood was that if Suarez had not handballed, it would have been a goal for Ghana but then they did get a penalty which they missed and they were not losing but on the contorary were drawing the game which they eventually lost in a penalty shootout

My advice to Ghana would simply be to practice penalties the next time round

surprised to see hardly anybody defending ghana. Guess its an african thing.

For me it was his reaction that ****** me off more. Think most people would have done the same thing but most wouldn't have said what he did after the game.

Would've done exactly the same if it meant giving your country a chance of staying in the World Cup, knowing that if you went out, you wouldn't even be able to play in the final shows real cahone's. Plus Suarez's an f'in beast.

I would have done exactly the same, do whatever you can to stay in the tournament. Gyan had a chance to win, then he ****** it up. I wouldn't blame Suarez in any ways. He did what was best for his country..

Very harsh on Ghana, who had a great tournament and were great too watch but I would of done the same- You really can't blame Suarez for putting his country ahead of own personal pride, and we would all like to think, if that was England somebody in our team would do that.

I probably would have done the same but it's still unfair on Ghana, no doubt but you can't stop it, it is cheating but you can't just give a goal. His reaction was dickish too.

Gyan should have let Appiah who was fresh to take the penalty... But he wanted to make a name of himself and was being very selfish and the shmoe missed the penalty which could have made them the first african team to reach a semi final match, thus being the first african team that would have won a place between 1st and 4th (They'd probably be 4th)

Oh and yeah, it was unfair on Ghana, but at the same time Suarez became a hero at Uruguay... I was very very very very sad for Ghana that day...