Suicide to be Broadcast on the Internet

Its been a known joke for a few weeks now, i think the guy said it was a joke on the last live stream he did. 150k viewers on his site for nothing. genius

Never said it did, did I? I was simply stating my opinion, hardly complaining.

You can state an opinion and complain at the same time, you know, and calling it 'disgusting' seems to me to be pretty clear-cut that you'd rather it didn't happen. In other words, complaining about its existence. Let's not split hairs here.

It's primary aim, as pretty much anything in this system, is to raise... funds. Which ****** me of, making money out of someone's death makes me sick, honestly.

It's weird, isn't it? I dunno... both sides seem pretty happy with it. The family of the dying person receives money for something that would eventually happen anyway and get to live in comfort for the rest of their lives, whilst the deceased can die peacefully knowing that this action has secured his family's future. On the other hand, you're right: morally, there's something pretty disturbing about it.

BTW, I am talking hypothetically here, now that we know it was all a joke. ;)

I'd go on the website and have a look, but I know the pure curiousity of the whole thing would urge me to watch the stream.

It's weird, isn't it? I dunno... both sides seem pretty happy with it. The family of the dying person receives money for something that would eventually happen anyway and get to live in comfort for the rest of their lives, whilst the deceased can die peacefully knowing that this action has secured his family's future. On the other hand, you're right: morally, there's something pretty disturbing about it.

BTW, I am talking hypothetically here, now that we know it was all a joke. ;)

Indeed it is weird. But I don't think I'd let anyone profit from my death. Then again, I don't have terminal cancer nor a family to support.

You can state an opinion and complain at the same time, you know, and calling it 'disgusting' seems to me to be pretty clear-cut that you'd rather it didn't happen. In other words, complaining about its existence. Let's not split hairs here.
I know, but I wasn't complaining. Rather what didn't happen? Euthanasia? If that's what you're referring to, then you're way off I'm all for it. I just wouldn't want watch somebody die and everybody knows even if it was real that Alki David was only doing it for the money and publicity, that is what I find disgusting.

---------- Post added at 03:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

LOOOL So it was all a fake?

Yes, I had my doubts, but didn't think even Alki David would stoop that low.

[video=youtube;U7cyX_N4EO4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7cyX_N4EO4[/video]

I knew about this like 2-3 weeks ago. Alki David said this during an online gaming tournament he was setting up (which failed miserably). Afterwards he said it was a joke.

Last edited: