Summer Gaming: What are you looking forward to?

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apart from GTA IV what games are you all looking forward to getting?

There are quite a few for me, looks like I might be indoors quite a bit this summer :D

Race Driver: Grid
I loved TOCA 3 so hopefully this has improved on that. Only thing I'm not sure about is that it isn't just touring cars anymore which was one of the reasons why I liked TOCA so much. They've only changed the formula and name to sell it to the **** yanks!

Ninja Gaiden II
I've played some of the first one for the Xbox. Pretty slick game the new one looks pretty good to. I may buy this, only after playing the demo though. Hopefully it isn't as hard as the first one. I got stuck on like the 2nd level boss :(

Lego Indiana Jones
The Star War's one's have been so fun. Can only see this one being just as fun and addictive! Ooh and Lego Batman, whenever that's coming out.

Don King Presents: Prizefighter
Looks very interesting. Seeing as there isn't going to be a new Fight Night (probably forever :() this looks like it could replace it if it's done right. Supposed to be quite fast paced which will be good. I hope they use the same sort of controls as Fight Night though as they were perfect for a boxing game.

Tom Clany's Splinter Cell: Conviction
Never played one of the past games but watched a few trailers and it looks like it could be good. Might pick this up

Soul Calibur IV
The Xbox 360 seriously lacks a good beat 'em up. Soul Calibur is a great series (not as good as Tekken though obv ;)) so I'll probably get this as well, if the demo impresses me :). But the again, Yoda is in it w0000t!

Saints Row 2
Thought the first one was really good and made San Andreas look about 10 years old. But then again if GTA IV is any good i'll probably skip this as I don't really want to get 2 of the same game.

TNA Impact
The WWE games are good but getting a bit boring. Hopefully a new one will spice things up a little :D

like you sean GTA and LEGO Indiana Jones ohhh and ROCKSTAR

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots: Game of the Year ;)

Metal Gear Online: The last MGO sucked badly but hopefully they learnt from their mistakes last time and can make something enjoyable.

Little Big Planet: A game I don't really know too much about but it's still one of the main reasons why I bought a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360.

Haze: Looks so cool, I know it's just another FPS but has some nice little features that could make it fun.

Gran Turismo 5: I have the prologue version now it's as awesome as every GT game so far, so hopefully with the damage system in place for the full version it will be even better.

Tekken 6: Because button bashing is fun!

TNA Impact: Because wrestling games are always a good laugh, and hopefully this can improve on the awful smackdown games.

Looks very interesting. Seeing as there isn't going to be a new Fight Night (probably forever :() this looks like it could replace it if it's done right. Supposed to be quite fast paced which will be good. I hope they use the same sort of controls as Fight Night though as they were perfect for a boxing game.

The guy responsible for the story/plot in the career mode came into give us a talk yesterday and from what he was saying it's worked out reasonably well. So no more epic careers in Fight Night where you just beat people up because you have too.

The guy responsible for the story/plot in the career mode came into give us a talk yesterday and from what he was saying it's worked out reasonably well. So no more epic careers in Fight Night where you just beat people up because you have too.

Yeh the Career in fight night sucks. Especially the latest one. You have basically no choice in what you do. I started as light heavyweight but I got moved up to heavyweight to challenge for a belt and then after that got moved down to middleweight to challenge for a belt with no say in either of the decisions.

I've decided to retire my boxer at the age of 41 with a record of 62-2-0 62KO's. Was getting too hard to fight for longer than 2 rounds my man had no steam :(

Little Big Planet: A game I don't really know too much about but it's still one of the main reasons why I bought a PS3 instead of a Xbox 360.

Yeh I heard about this a few months ago, sounds weird and interesting :)

Lee buy lego star wars the complete oone for ps3 we can co op it lmao

Nah I can't be bothered with the Lego Star Wars games.

Oh btw the Metal Gear Online open beta is up and running now, was playing it earlier tonight, only had the chance to play the deathmatches but so far it's pretty fun. Hiding in cardboard boxes is awesome.

For me it will probably just be GTA IV as I aint got anythin with me in uni, so as soon as I get home I'll get me on me bro's Xbox. Might tell him to get GT aswell

Downloaded the GRID demo the other night. I love it. The racing is nice and fast and unpredictable. Looks like it's going to be a nice challenging game to play. I've pre-ordered mine and can't wait for it. I loved the Replay at the end of the game, even that seemed fast and furious.

Watched a little trailer. Looks decent. Graphics not even close to the level of Fight Night 3 though which is a shame. Showed plenty of fight footage but was all 1 second splices so can't really get a feel for how it's going to play. I really really hope though that it isn't a button masher as the controls in Fight Night were brilliant. Hopefully there will be a demo available soon :)

Last edited:
just downloaded the demo for GRID, seems really good, its a bit odd though how you can get the voice woman to call you James, cus i never expect it, if that makes sense

Yeh I like the nicknames lol. Some funny ones like Scooby. Tis strange hearing the radio man say 'keep it up Scooby' etc.. :D

Only game I'm considering this summer is Battlefield Bad Company, providing it doesn't get set back again.

rofl Wes, love the sig, but whats it all about like?

yeh ive got that gif saved on my pc, sum1 on celtic forums had it

Battlefield looks good. I'm just getting into CoD4 atm. I'm not very good but it's fun to play online even though I'm just running around like a headless chicken due to not knowing the maps at all.

*sighs* Just looking at the PS3 release schedule and there's nothing good released until late September. At least there's a few decent PSN titles coming out soon, Fat Princess and the new PixelJunk game look fun.