Summer Transfers Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 15K

Kris

Reaction score
Rather than creating 500+ threads over the summer whenever player A gets linked to club B, Please post all transfers official/rumours in here and we can all discuss

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Might aswell start with this one

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5367941,00.html

Hull City have confirmed that they have had a bid accepted for Manchester United youngster Fraizer Campbell.

Basically i feel that 6m is way over the top. They did this last year aswell. Just shows that there is far too much money in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hull seem to have money?

6 Million for Campbell
5 Million for Bullard

Possibility of being a top 10 finish in a couple of seasons?

Yh 6m is a awful lot of money for a team like hull, But i think when campbell had a really good spell with hull in the championship who played a big part in hull promotion is the reason they want him so bad.

I think he might moved imo tho.

Last edited:
6million is a big risk seein as he might turn out to be a flop
(but then again you run that risk with all players lol)

Yup 6m for an unproven youngster is a bit steep.

Valencia --> Man Utd/Madrid

Every top player --> Madrid

Edin Dzeko and Cristian Zapata --> Arsenal (hopefully)

Johnson --> Chelsea

Sergio Aguero admits cheslea interests..oh lord! hopefully that move doesnt happen..

Today's transfer rumours

1352 BST: Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery - a reported target of Manchester United and Chelsea - has ruled out a potential move to England because he does not like the climate.
(Full story: Setanta)

1314 BST: Portsmouth defender Hermann Hreidarsson has admitted a move to Rangers during the summer would appeal to him.
(Full story: Sky Sports)

1156 BST: Manchester United and Real Madrid have both made bids in excess of £16m for Wigan winger Antonio Valencia.

1138 BST: Brazil superstar Kaka has announced that he will make his decision on whether to join Real Madrid or stay at AC Milan in the near future.

1127 BST: Arsenal have secured a 13m euro (£11.4m) deal for Ajax captain Thomas Vermaelen, according to reports in his native Belgium.
(Full story: Setanta)

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Tottenham are leading the race to sign former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy - with his current club Real Madrid ready to let the 32-year-old Dutch striker go for just £1.25m.
(Full story: The People)

Alternatively, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has his sights set on a £10m move for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.
(Full story: News of the World)

Manchester City will offer defender Micah Richards as bait in their bid to sign Everton centre-back Joleon Lescott.

Newcastle striker Michael Owen is wanted by Aston Villa, but the 29-year-old will have to take a £70,000-a-week pay cut to seal the move.

However, Italian club Roma are also eyeing up a move for the England striker. (Sunday Mirror)
(Full story: Sunday Mirror)

Italian champions Inter Milan are preparing a £25m bid for Arsenal striker Robin van Persie.

Manchester United face losing out to Champions League conquerors Barcelona in the race to sign France stars Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema.
(Full story: Mail on Sunday)

Barcelona are also planning a £20m swoop for United defender Nemanja Vidic.
(Full story: Daily Star Sunday)

United boss Alex Ferguson is planning to boost his defensive options by signing Sheffield United's £7m-rated right-back Kyle Naughton. (Sunday Mirror)
(Full story: Sunday Mirror) Atletico Madrid's Argentine striker Sergio Aguero has admitted he's interested in a move to Chelsea.

Portsmouth defender Glen Johnson will move back to Chelsea this week in a deal worth £16m. (Various)

New Sunderland boss Steve Bruce will make an ambitious bid to land Antonio Valencia from his former club Wigan. (Various)

Bruce is also keen to sign centre-back Titus Bramble from the Latics.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce is ready to swoop for Paris St Germain star Jerome Rothen. (The People)

Manchester City will continue their summer spending spree with the signing of Athletic Bilbao's Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez, who is rated as one of the hottest prospects in Europe. (The People)

Hull City manager Phil Brown is set to bid £4m for Bolton striker Kevin Davies. (The People)

Fulham are leading the race for Middlesbrough's England Under-21 winger Adam Johnson. (The People)

Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson is also ready to offer £1m for Nuremberg's Australian centre-half Matthew Spiranovic.

Stoke will battle it out with Blackburn and Sunderland to sign Newcastle's Alan Smith for £3m. (Various)

Liverpool are set to make a shock move to re-sign striker Peter Crouch from Portsmouth for as little as £4m. (Sunday Mirror)

Arsenal

Gallas could join psg for £6millon
Yaya Toure from barca for £13million
Eboue could move to Inter milan for 7 million

Celtic
Nakamura might be going to Espanyol for 2.5 million

Last edited:
Here is Monday's Gossip so far....please add more if you find them

Brazil will allow Kaka to have a medical on Monday as the playmaker moves closer to completing a £56m move from AC Milan to Real Madrid.
(Full story: Daily Mail)

Barcelona will make a last-ditch attempt to keep striker Samuel Eto'o this week as Manchester City prepare a £25m bid for the Cameroonian.
(Full story: The Sun)

Liverpool are determined to hold on to midfielder Xabi Alonso and sources at Anfield say it would take a "mind-blowing offer" from Real Madrid to take him back to Spain.
(Full story: The Times)

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has agreed a £10m deal for Ajax's 23-year-old Belgian central defender Thomas Vermaelen but they may lose Kolo Toure to Manchester City.

Everton are preparing a £7m swoop for two players from Reading - winger Stephen Hunt and striker Kevin Doyle. (Daily Star)

Everton boss David Moyes faces a fight with Espanyol for Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia and the Toffees also want Cardiff midfielder Joe Ledley. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are ready to battle with Real Madrid for the signature of Wigan winger Antonio Valencia but they are reluctant to pay the £16m wanted by the Latics.

Actually, United are more than willing and will wrap up the signing of Valencia for about £17m this week.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Manchester United have accepted a £6m bid from Hull City for 21-year-old striker Fraizer Campbell.
Hull's bid for Campbell accepted

Atletico Madrid are trailing Everton's in-form 27-year-old South African midfielder Steven Pienaar.

Stoke City are set to sign Swedish Under-21 midfielder Andres Vasquez on a free transfer after he left FC Zurich.

Birmingham are set to sign ex-Newcastle loanee Oguchi Onyewu from Standard Liege and have made a new £5m bid for Cardiff centre-back Roger Johnson.

Spanish side Espanyol are hoping to sign Chelsea's 19-year-old Israeli striker Ben Sahar for about £800,000.

FC Basel are hoping to convince Portsmouth defender Sol Campbell, 34, that he should sign for them this week after he rejected an approach from Trabzonspor.

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies will make an improved £2m bid for Doncaster centre-back Matthew Mills this week. (Daily Mirror)

Vermaelen to Arsenal :)

Sounds good except Adams is complaining about him being too small :/

Tony Adams said:
Adams fears that the Frenchman's top target lacks the height required to dominate in the Premier League and believes he has been playing at an inferior level.
Adams told the Daily Mirror: "Thomas is a very good player but I don't think he's ready for the Arsenal.
"I don't think the punters at Arsenal would like another small one.
"I have been looking at the Dutch league, but it's been decimated. It's a poor league at the moment, there's one or two players, but they're leaving too early as well."

Last edited:
Yh,

Hes pretty small he probs a little bit taller than fabregas so for a defender thats pretty small we need to buy antoher to aswell as toure or gallas might be going:(

Yeah it also said that Man City may be making a move for Toure :|

And Gallas has been linked with clubs for a while tbh i wouldnt be too concerned to see the back of him.

Get rid of Eboue aswell.

I hope we sign Ruud van Nistelrooy and Matthew Spiranovic. Both quality players, though RvN's age may be a potential problem? Adam Johnson has potential to be a fantastic player but i'm sure a big team will take him from us as soon as that happens.

why would Ruud go to Fulham (no offence)

oba martins agent has said he wants to stay at Newcastle for the remainder of his contract which is for another two years

I doubt they'd even want him. He didn't do them any favours last season and he's got a huge wage. Get rid of him.

buonannote rumoured to head benfica, so as Shaffer, who is pratically ours

Alvaro Pereira, from Cluj, i think, was linked to benfica until freakin porto approached and jah well... playing in champions and in a current champion always counts.

Roma interested in Owen, Aguero turned down the option of Real, but kinda pushed himself to barça, as he said he hopes messi takes him there.

Bruno Alves linked to Inter, milan, barça, etc, as Cissokho and Lisandro lopez are linked to lyon

****. looks like i've lost a bet. kaka gone to madrid. to be honest i'm quite happy. i hate madrid but i like watching spanish football and now i'll be able to see kaka play more as i couldn't watch seria a.

i hope the galactico's blows up in their face like it did last time

Back