Summer Transfers Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 15K
Arsenal has a great youngsters academy, I think they can promote from there some good English Players, why not?

Here's a hostage to fortune... but if Alonso goes to Arsenal without silly money or a mad exchange being arranged (say a swap for Cesc) then I'll eat my missus' hat. It's green. :p

Arsenal has a great youngsters academy, I think they can promote from there some good English Players, why not?

Could do, but theres not been many decent english players coming through only ones that are probs good enough in a few years time is gibbs. everyone else are not good enough..

we'll see..plus we cant wait anyway for young players to come through by the time they do we probs wont even be in the champions league anymore we need to spend big pronto! no time to waste.

Last edited:
Could do, but theres not been many decent english players coming through only ones that are probs good enough in a few years time is gibbs. everyone else are not good enough..

we'll see..plus we cant wait anyway for young players to come through by the time they do we probs wont even be in the champions league anymore we need to spend big pronto! no time to waste.

However, if Arsenal wants to be again the Winner of EPL, they have to buy some good players.

However, if Arsenal wants to be again the Winner of EPL, they have to buy some good players.

Yep couldnt agree more..

People may disagree but dont you think arsenal need wingers? arshavin is a naturally right footed player that plays left mid for us who cuts inside which makes it much easier to defend against and walcott who cant cross a ball which makes things even worst?

Arsenal have relied on our full-backs clichy n sagna to push further up to put crosses in which has always caused arsenal 'huge' problems by getting hit on a counter..

no disrespect to arshavin who has saved arsenal this season but i think wingers are the 2nd most important position we need to spend on..if we spend on two wingers both flanks that could deliver balls without cutting inside could help arsenal alot which stops clichy n sagna pushing up over lapping the wingers to get balls into the box. if you get where im coming from then tell me what you think..

plz arsenal what you think? yes or no..

Last edited:
Hmm, I have an idea: Why Wenger doesn't put van Persie on the Left Wing and move Arshavin to the right and in attack Huntelaar(if we will buy him) and Adebayor?

Or maybe Vela with Adebayor? Bendtner with Abebayor?
van Persie is left footed so he can play there too.

Carlos Tevez is closely to a transfer to Manchester City.

Aston Villa put its eyes on David Bentley(Tottenham) and Alexander Hleb(Barcelona).

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti will make AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso his first signing as Blues boss.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: The Sun) <!-- E ILIN -->
Chelsea meanwhile face a fight to hold onto right-back Jose Bosingwa who is wanted by German side Bayern Munich.
Another player who could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge is midfielder Deco, who is eyeing up a move to Inter Milan.
But Chelsea look to have failed in their attempts to sign AC Milan duo, forward Alexandre Pato and midfielder Andrea Pirlo.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Daily Express) <!-- E ILIN -->
Chelsea will also have to make an increased £20m bid to land Russian star Yuri Zhirkov from CSKA Moscow. (Daily Express)
Real Madrid also look set to beat Chelsea to the signature of Valencia forward David Villa.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Guardian) <!-- E ILIN -->
Madrid meanwhile will offer striker Javier Saviola to Liverpool as bait to land midfielder Xabi Alonso.
Manchester City have offered Portsmouth £18m for right-back Glen Johnson.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Daily Express) <!-- E ILIN -->
City have also bid £15m bid for Blackburn striker Roque Santa Cruz.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Daily Mail) <!-- E ILIN -->
Manager Mark Hughes looks set to allow City keeper Joe Hart to join Birmingham on loan next season.
Arsenal central defender Kolo Toure is pondering a £15m move to Manchester City.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Daily Star) <!-- E ILIN -->
Toure's arrival could signal the departure of Richard Dunne with new Sunderland manager Steve Bruce leading the chase to sign the centre-back. (Daily Star)
Bruce is also interested in Wigan midfielder Lee Cattermole and Tottenham striker Darren Bent. (Daily Star)
Meanwhile, Arsenal will recall central defender Philippe Senderos after his year long loan deal at AC Milan. (Daily Star)
Chelsea have inquired about Portsmouth goalkeeper Asmir Begovic. (The Times)
Galatasary coach Frank Rijkaard is interested in signing Tottenham forward Giovani dos Santos. (The Times)
David Beckham has opened the door to a potential return to the Premier League with Tottenham interested in taking the LA Galaxy midfielder on loan.
Wolves and Blackburn are battling to sign Newcastle's Nicky **** with Rovers preparing a £1.5m bid for the midfielder. (The Sun)
Rovers meanwhile are interested in Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda and Newcastle duo Nicky **** and Alan Smith.
Aston Villa will use striker Marlon Harewood as bait to land Middlesbrough defender David Wheater.
Hull are preparing a £2.5m bid for Newcastle midfielder Kevin Nolan.
Everton are battling with Manchester United and Aston Villa for the signature of Sheffield United's highly rated full-back Kyle Naughton.
Toffees boss David Moyes is also keen on Leeds United midfielder Fabian Delph and is also considering a season-long loan deal for Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo.
Barcelona have made an enquiry for Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun who is valued at £12m by the Reds.
Liverpool left-back Andrea Dossena is set for £6.5m move to Italian Serie A side Juventus.
<!-- S ILIN --> (Full story: Daily Mirror) <!-- E ILIN -->
Liverpool are battling with Arsenal and Chelsea for Feyenoord striker Luc Castaignos. (The Times)
Fulham are battling with Everton for the signature of Reading winger Stephen Hunt. (The Times)
Wolves are set to beat Birmingham City in the race to sign Coventry defender Scott Dann for £4m. (Daily Mail)
Fulham, Hull and Stoke are keen on Sampdoria midfielder Gennaro Delvecchio. (Daily Mirror)
Bolton and Blackburn are both chasing Pretson winger Danny Mayor.
Spurs midfielder Jermaine Jenas is a £6m target for Aston Villa.
Kilmarnock defender David Lilley is set to depart Rugby Park after talks over a new deal collapsed. (The Star)
Spanish left-back Xabi Castillo is waiting on the outcome of the managerial position at Celtic to find out if he is able to pursue his preferred option of a move to Scotland in the summer. (Daily Mail)
Dundee are waiting on an answer from ex-Clyde striker Pat Clarke after offering the 24-year-old a contract at Dens Park. (Daily Mail)
<!-- S IANC --> <!-- E IANC -->

Hmm, Harewood is already transfered.
Wolves got him with 5M.

Man City bid 18 million for Glen Johnson(daily express)
Pavlyuchecko could move to roma for 9 million(daily mirror)
charli adam from rangers to Barnsley 500k(daily mail)

I think Man City won't buy Glen Johnson, he will go to Chelsea.
Tottenham has lost many things with this Drunk Russian. He'd better **** off.

Barcelona have offered Samuel Eto'o for Masherano in a swap deal (sky sports)

Sunderland Manager Steve Bruce wants Robbie Keane from Tottenham for around 15 million

David Villa could move to Madrid for around 40 million euros.<!-- S ILIN -->(Full story: Marca (in Spanish)

Real Madrid offer 8 million for arbeloa

ribery for 90mill...who the **** would buy him for that much except city
bayern munich are just being stupid cus united are selling ronaldo

Living in Spain, I have breaking news: Spanish Sports paper MARCA have announced that Real Madrid have agreed a deal to take David Villa to the Santiago Bernabeu. The deal is to be finalised after the Confederation Cup, in a deal worth 40m euros.

Johnson for ~£20m. Oh dear, he's average at best. For a full-back he is surprisingly bad at defending.

Have to agree. overspending on players like Johnson is why you have not won the league is so many years

Have to agree. overspending on players like Johnson is why you have not won the league is so many years

why has he cemented his place at right back in the england squad then?

to fair johnson has the abilty to be a great chapions league right back but 20 million is a bit steap i woul say 8m-14m is the right price. and who is this young real madrid foward that liverpool are trying to get. and liverpool need to invest quick on are wing backs and wingers as i dont think they have the quality to be prem winners or even chapion league winners. but that is my opinion lol

* Dario Srna could be on his way to the Premier League with Tottenham looking to reunite the Croat with his International partner Corluka.

* Darren Bent has told Tottenham he wants to leave this summer.

* Antonio Valencia has spoken to an Ecuadorian newspaper stating that if Steve Bruce hadn't left Wigan, he wouldn't have thought of leaving.

* Man Utd have approached Eric Cantona with a part-time contract as a coach.

* Man City to bid £25m each for Lisandro Lopez and Raul Meireles from Porto.

---------- Post added at 06:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

most of these came from skysports and setanta

why has he cemented his place at right back in the england squad then?

I'm not calling him a bad player i just dont think he is

1. Worth 20m
2. The kind of player that will help Liverpool win the league.

Benayoun and Bellamy are other players that come to mind that did amazing for there Average prem sides.

Maybe he will prove me wrong though, He has had a great few years with Portsmouth and has done ok for England.

Back