Summer Transfers Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 101
  • Views Views 15K
Kaka to real madrid? sounds very interested! i hope he doesnt regret that move in a few season time becuase hes a great player and real madrid best treat him well.

why would Ruud go to Fulham (no offence)

None taken, its a fair question. He might fancy another crack at the Premiership, if thats the case it seems like it'll be either with Tottenham or Fulham. I'm sure Tottenham can offer him far higher wages than we can, but we have the alure of European football. I guess it depends what he wants, the chance to be a first team regular and a team in Europe or higher wages. It could go either way. I'd love it if he did come though. We need someone who can hit the back of the net.

If Real Madrid get close to 30 million for Alonso, expect him to go there. Chief football writer at the Echo (he's not been wrong yet) says he wants to leave this summer. If he does, we'll probably be in for that young lad at Sevilla.

Talksport have been announcing all night that Tevez has signed permanently for City!
Supposedly to be announced after he gets back off international duty...

If its true- fantastic news! but as ever, i wont get too excited till its all confirmed from the mouth of Father Ted (aka Mark Hughes)

also, teamTalk are saying Eto'o has a pre-contract agreement with City... again... I'll believe it when i see it!

Man, this summer is going to get crazy!

Liverpool aiming to bring back Peter Crouch in cut-price deal! (source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/06/07/crouch-end-115875-21421075/ )

Liverpool interested in Middlesbrough flop Tuncay (
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...in-middlesbrough-flop-tuncay-115875-21413150/ )

If Tottenham will land Ruud Van Nisterlooy, it will be a good thing for us.
I don't know why Tottenham doesn't like/want to be a big team..

However, what are the finished transfers till today?
Barry to Man City
Other else?

Valencia striker David Villa will decide on a move to either Real Madrid or Chelsea this week.
(Full story: The Sun)

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner has backed boss Martin O'Neill's attempts to outgun Everton and Roma in the battle for Newcastle striker Michael Owen. (Various)

Villa will also compete with Liverpool in trying to sign Portrsmouth defender Sylvain Distin. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, meanwhile, says he is not interested in signing striker Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli. (Daily Mail)

AC Milan may have lost Kaka but they have overtaken Arsenal and Manchester City in the race to sign Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko.
(Full story: Daily Mirror)

Blackburn could move for Austria striker Marc Janko if they sell Roque Santa Cruz, who ios again a target for Manchester City. (Daily Mail)

Meanwhile, Rovers are ready to sell defender Zurab Khizanishvili to Turkish outfit Galatasaray.

West Ham's takeover will result in manager Gianfranco Zola upping his attempt to sign Inter Milan's £15m-rated attacking midfielder Luis Jimenez. (Various)

The Hammers also want Rennes right-back Rod Fanni and Middlesbrough defender Matthew Bates.

But Matthew Upson could be sold by Zola after he was told by the club's new owners that he would have to generate his own transfer funds by selling players.
(Full story: Daily Mail)

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov and defender Nemanja Vidic will not be leaving the club, according to their agents. (Daily Star)
(Full story: Daily Star)

Tottenham could make a £4.8m loss by offloading striker Roman Pavlyuchenko to Italian side Roma for £9m.

Birmingham will have to battle it out with Bolton for the signing of defender Danny Shittu, while the Midlands club also set their sights on Newcastle defender David Edgar. (Daily Star)

Wolves are to sign centre-back Ronald Zubar from Marseille for £2.5m.

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

None taken, its a fair question. He might fancy another crack at the Premiership, if thats the case it seems like it'll be either with Tottenham or Fulham. I'm sure Tottenham can offer him far higher wages than we can, but we have the alure of European football. I guess it depends what he wants, the chance to be a first team regular and a team in Europe or higher wages. It could go either way. I'd love it if he did come though. We need someone who can hit the back of the net.

I would love to see him at Fulham dont get me wrong but his wages would be a problem i think and would he be able to keep fit?

What the ****?
Santa Cruz is going to be at Man City after the Transfer Rumours told that he will go to Spurs?

Tottenham could make a £4.8m loss by offloading striker Roman Pavlyuchenko to Italian side Roma for £9m.

Villa begin Owen battle - Daily Mirror

Aston Villa are the first side to make a move for Newcastle striker Michael Owen. Will Owen join Villa?

Hammers eye Italian raid - Daily Mirror

West Ham's new owners will sanction a bid for Inter Milan's Luis Jimenez. Would the Chilean be a good signing?

Spurs bid on Van - Various

Tottenham are hoping to seal a deal for Ruud van Nistelrooy from Real Madrid in the next 48 hours. Will Van Nistelrooy move to White Hart Lane?

Ricketts snubs Hull - Daily Express

Wales ace Sam Ricketts has snubbed a new deal at Hull City and is ready to walk out on the club, with the likes of Everton and Sunderland keen. Is Ricketts a loss for Hull?

Turks eye Rovers ace - Daily Mirror

Zurab Khizanishvili is on the brink of sealing a move to Turkish club Galatasaray. Should Rovers let Khizanishvili leave?

Rovers keen on Janko - Daily Mail

Blackburn have revived their interest in Austrian star Marc Janko and hope to seal a deal in the next few days. Would Janko shine in the Premier League?

Toffees sweet on M'Bia - Daily Mirror

Everton are pondering making an offer to Rennes for midfielder Stephane M'Bia. Do the Toffees need midfield reinforcements?

Blues win Hart race - Daily Express

Birmingham are set to beat Wolves to the signing of Joe Hart in a £4million deal from Manchester City. Should Hart leave Eastlands?

Barnes set for Mersey return - Various

Tranmere are ready to appoint Liverpool legend John Barnes as their new coach. Is Barnes right for Rovers?

Sheridan back in work - Various

League Two side Chesterfield are set to confirm John Sheridan as their new manager. Is Sheridan a good appointment?
Heard any rumours? Let us know using the form below.

Kaka has actually signed for Real Madrid. on SSN now.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Alexandre Pato in talks with Ancelotti.

i,m torn between wanting to watch pato play and not wanting chelsea to get a good player. if he joined do you reckon he would be a starter? also are chelsea finally gonna sell that tool drogba?

If Pato did move to chelsea i think he'll have a nightmare of a first season then start to get grips with the english game and to the chelsea style..I wouldnt think he would move though far too young to be making a such big move..

oh well its his decision.

i,m torn between wanting to watch pato play and not wanting chelsea to get a good player. if he joined do you reckon he would be a starter? also are chelsea finally gonna sell that tool drogba?
Pato would be a starter DEFO! because he would start behind drogba.
well thats what i think anyway

Arsenal

Buyings

Arsenal is prepared to buy Klaas Jan Huntelaar from Real Madrid for £17m.
Also, they want to buy Henri Saviet from Bordeaux and Xabi Alonso from Liverpool.

Sells

Adebayor could leave Arsenal to move to AC Milan or Inter Milano. He could go to Chelsea too.
Some sources announce that Fabregas could go to his former club, Barcelona or he could go to R.Madrid(I hope won't happen that).

I am asking myself,will they ever buy some English Players?

Tottenham

Buyings

Hotspur tries to land the French Striker, Djibril Cisse and Kenwyne Jones, both played at Sunderland in the last season.
Another Striker Spurs wants to get is Santa Cruz, wanted by Man City too.
David Beckham and Carlos Tevez are targeted by Tottenham.
Downing is on his way to Spurs, after they will pay £12m.
Joe Hart could be the next Tottenham's Goalkeeper.

Sells

Darren Bent is closely in each day pass to his transfer to Sunderland, the Black Cats want him to substitute Cisse's absence.
David Bentley is ready to leave Spurs and to begin a new life at Aston Villa.
Gareth Bale and Tom Huddlestone are targeted by Fulham.

if thats true then that would make my day big time! huntelaar is way better than adeabyor imo could give adeabyor some competition aswell.

if thats true then that would make my day big time! huntelaar is way better than adeabyor imo could give adeabyor some competition aswell.

You are right, but I hope Arsenal won't sell its wonderkit, Fabregas, at least, not now!
Do you know guys any English Player who can come to Arsenal in this summer?

You are right, but I hope Arsenal won't sell its wonderkit, Fabregas, at least, not now!
Do you know guys any English Player who can come to Arsenal in this summer?

If i was wenger ill go for lescott or upson to give us some english core in defence where arsenal have lacked.

or maybe hangeland? hes not english but a really good defender who can speak great english aswell.

Back