Sunday League to Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter NathanITFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 24K
September
View attachment 1097200
Port Vale - We fall to a 2-1 defeat, Declan Draycott grabbing his first for the club.
Crewe - 3-0 down at half time, I feared the worst however we get 2 back from ter Horst although he picks up an injury and is out for 5-6 weeks.
Preston - a fantastic win, keeping a clean sheet and scoring 2 against newly relegated Preston.
Gillingham - 1-0 down and Andy Cannon gets sent off I fear the worst again however the lads show character as Steve Palmer draws us level before sub Matthew Overton seals the win!
Cambridge - A game we deserved to lose but managed to hold onto a 1-1 draw after Hugo Logan opened the scoring.

View attachment 109720113th with 13 points after 10 games, a good start to the season unlike Blackpool. 4 points away from relegation places and 3 away from play offs. Steve Palmer came runner up in both the player and young player of the month award.

Awesome rise so far with the Harriers!

I managed them on Premier manager 98 (I think) and liked them ever since so always nice to see a story about them.

Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing the Harriers in the Prem soon!

September
View attachment 1097526
Wycombe - 3-0 down away at top of the league and the boys make a fight of it late on, clawing 2 goals back.
Bristol Rovers - A pathetic performance as the reserves let them selves down tonight.
Peterborough - A decent display and a draw being a fair result.
Colchester - The game was closer than the scoreline suggests, Colchester creating and finishing the better chances, not helped by James Hancocks getting sent off with 25 minutes to go.
Rochdale - A game we deserved to lose, Rochdale were all over us but a Sam Surridge brace gifts us the win.
Barnsley - 1-1 after 15 minutes then Harvey Rodgers gets a straight red card and the game was near enough over then against a strong Barnsley side.
Plymouth - Back to winning ways as ter Horst finally ends his goal drought with a well taken brace.
View attachment 1097527We end the month in 16th place, 6 points above Plymouth in the relegation places with a much better goal difference and now 8 points away from the play offs, hopefully we can maintain this encouraging start and reach our 50 point aim.

Just caught back up with this superb work on another promotion mate, definitely have more luck in the playoffs than I do, think I've been in four and lost each time, however I have ended up goig up each season with the title so perhaps karma and waiting paid off. Good luck in League one!

Just caught back up with this superb work on another promotion mate, definitely have more luck in the playoffs than I do, think I've been in four and lost each time, however I have ended up goig up each season with the title so perhaps karma and waiting paid off. Good luck in League one!

Thanks mate, yeah only just a better play off record, ive been in it 3 times and that was the first promotion via them. I'm hoping for a similar season to your first in league one but I don't think there is any way of replicating that season from you!

November
Throughout the month I applied for two jobs, Leeds United, 15th in League one at the time and Fulham, 17th in the championship and both clubs came back to me to say that my job application was unsuccessful and they weren't even going to shortlist me therefore no interview would occur. I don't wanna blow my own trumpet but after three promotions and an FA trophy final, I think I deserve a shot at a bigger club, at least an interview anyway!
View attachment 1097563
MK Dons - First up was an FA cup tie against league 2 MK Dons, we dominated the first half massively but went in 0-0 at half time. We then capitulated under pressure and lost 2-1 despite a late attempt at reviving our FA cup hopes
Swindon - The least said about this game the better as nothing, literally nothing happened.
Crawley - We got absolutely battered, they had all the possession and chances but we somehow came away with the 3 points thanks to Declan Draycotts goal.
Blackpool - This game was completely opposite to Crawley, we massively dominated this game but failed to win despite Johan ter Horst's equaliser with 15 minutes remaining.
View attachment 1097564After 20 games gone, we find ourselves on 25 points with -2 goal difference. We are 5 points away from the relegation places and 8 away from the play offs. We just need to maintain this decent start and keep finding wins here and there and we can stay in this division for another season!

December
Sorry for the lack of updates but been busy of late after turning 21 on Wednesday.
View attachment 1098455
Tottenham - A weak Tottenham side are brushed aside after a brace from Matty Overton and then penalties seals the win.
Bury - Perfect away performance and result, clean sheet and a goal from Steve Palmer.
Sheff Utd - Fantastic result at Bramall Lane, Draycott, ter Horst and Truslove with the goals.
Birmingham - Another fantastic result as we beat promotion challengers Birmingham thanks to a brace from Declan Draycott and Mr Reliable Johan ter Horst.
Wimbeldon - A very close game eventually won by a beauty from Steve Palmer.
View attachment 1098459What a month!! A perfect month with all wins! We climb the table to 8th astongishingly only 1 point away from the play offs and now 11 from safety. Steve Palmer claimed player of the month and I won manager of the month. Hopefully we can reach the 50 mark quicker than I thought and build from there

January
I will start with the transfers....

View attachment 1098532At the start of the month following the Notts County defeat, more bad news followed as Steve Palmer joined Wigan Athletic for £1,200,000. After 66 appearances for the club, he wanted to leave to a bigger club and after a fee of over a mllion came in, it was too good to turn down. Fantastic progress both us and him have made considering we got him in league two for free after his contract at Man City ran out.
To replace Palmer, we have...
View attachment 1098534
Finn Tapp, a central midfielder joins from MK Dons for £90,000, which could increase to £100,000 after he makes 50 appearances for the club. He was relatively cheap due to only having 6 months left on his contract. Tapp has decent all round stats with none of his stats dropping below 9 and some impressive physical and mentals about including 13 and 12 for determination and work rate. At 23 years old he also has room to improve.

View attachment 1098535
Ipswich - I beat my boyhood club two nil thanks to a brace from Johan ter Horst.
Notts County - Steve Palmer's last game for the club and it ends in disappointment as we never got going.
Southampton U23's - Our reserves take the game to penalties but couldn't replicate the Tottenham win, ter Horst came off the bench to score.
Chesterfield - We led 2-0 until the 80th minute when they equalised as I thought we threw the game away until Adam May got his first for the club with a last minute screamer!
Southend - Massively convincing win as Draycott scores twice and youth academy graduate Craig Hurren comes off the bench to net a goal.
Port Vale - Another impressive display and result to match as ter Horst signs off the month with another brace.
View attachment 1098536What another superb month! 49 points, one points off our season target of 50 by the end of January! Incredibly we are now 4 points off top! 3 points separates us from the play off hunting pack and 18 points away from the relegation places! Hopefully another end to the season like last years to secure a ridiculously unlikely play off spot!

Things are looking good if you can maintain this kind of form till the end of the season

going well, hopefully you can chase down 3rd. happy birthday
newreply.php
window.parent.CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction( 51, window );

Thanks mate, yeah hopefully we can leapfrog the top 2 in future weeks to come

Things are looking good if you can maintain this kind of form till the end of the season

Yeah, same happened last season, a decent start and then when December came round, we hit a great run of form, hopefully the same again this season!

Great job so far and your rise. Amazed no one has come knocking for your services

Great job so far and your rise. Amazed no one has come knocking for your services

Thanks mate! yeah about time a championship or premiership team approach me aha!

Sorry its been a while since an update but expect one this evening people!

February
View attachment 1099577
Crewe - A classy Crewe beat us at home 1-0 with some fantastic football they played.
Preston - A tough place to go Deepdale but we managed to keep a clean sheet and score 2 with goals from ter Horst and Draycott!
Gillingham - A dominant display and a 3-1 win to match, Draycott gaining 2 in 2.
Cambridge - A poor performance and result as we fall to a 2-0 defeat away from home.
Wycombe - We have 3rd placed Wycombe at home and dominated the game with 61% possession and 12 attempts at goal but with no prevail as we draw 0-0.
We are now 7th and are 22 points above the relegation places! We are now a point off Leeds in the play offs spots and 7 off of top spot. February saw a month where we failed to score in 3 matches, hopefully a change of goalscoring fortune will coincide with a promotion push!

March
View attachment 1099603
Peterborough - We fall to a defeat away from home despite having more of the ball.
Colchester - A game we deserved to lose, Colchester dominated throughout and missed a few sitters!
Rochdale - Back to back 0-0s as we fail to create any real chances.
Barnsley - A third successive draw with big thanks to James Talbot who saved a penalty inside 3 minutes.
Plymouth - Despite Talbot's heroics last game, he was to blame for 2 goals as we fall to a 3-1 defeat at Home Park.
Leeds - A big big win! ter Horst and Draycott with the goals as we finally manage to convert some of the chances we create, however not all good news follows this match.....
View attachment 109960492nd minute of the Leeds win and ter Horst rolls his ankle and will miss the next month and a bit as the season closes to an end. This will take our play off hopes a massive hit however hopefully Sam Surridge can find some form he had at the end of last season.

View attachment 1099605After a poor month we drop to 8th in the table however are now mathematically safe which was our target at the start of the season! We are now a point off play offs however Crewe have a game in hand. Wycombe now go top and are 12 points ahead of us, a gap too big for us!
View attachment 1099606The final bit of news to note this month is the fact I have started my National A Licence. I am completing this as I feel clubs are turning me down due to my lack of coaching skills as my record is more than good enough for a club in higher leagues to approach me.

April
View attachment 1099747
Swindon - We faced bottom of the table Swindon and dismantled them although Draycott picked up an injury and is out for 5-6 weeks.
Crawley - Another win against a relegation threatened team, another three goals and another injury as Finn Tapp is out for 5-6 weeks aswell.
Blackpool - We go a goal down in 2 minutes due to a Jack Munns penalty however Surridge scores for the equaliser.
Wimbledon - Another bottom 4 side although this time we fall to a defeat despite the game being fairly close, another brace for Surridge.
Bury - We end the month with a win and a clean sheet as Logan scores a free kick and Adam May with another screamer for his 2nd of the season.
View attachment 1099748My worry of Sam Surridge not stepping up to replace the injured ter Horst is smashed out of the park as he grabs the player of the month with 5 goals in 5 games and a 7.96 average rating!
View attachment 1099749Back in the play offs by 2 points. We cant finish any higher than 6th however can finish as low as 8th if results go against us. We have a superior goal difference of two goals compared to Peterborough and 6 compared to Crewe.
View attachment 1099750The last game of the season will see us travel to top of the league and already promoted Birmingham! A tough ask for a point never mind 3! Crewe host Rochdale as they need a win and a shed load of goals and Peterborough travel to mid tabled Gillingham.

Next Update: Last Game of the season; Birmingham (Away)

Tough final game indeed, confident you can do what you need to do to stay in the playoffs!

Back