Sunday League to Champions League

• Thread starter Thread starter NathanITFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 118
  • Views Views 24K
May - Final game of the season
View attachment 1099762We fall to a 1-0 defeat at St Andrews as Ruben Sobrino's goal is enough for them to secure the 3 points. We were somewhat unfourtunate not to get anything from the game as we edged possession and attempts created however only 2 of them were clear cut which we failed to convert.
So a defeat for us on the last day of the season, have we retained our 6th spot?...
View attachment 1099763We HAVE!!!! Peterborough went in at half time 2-0 down and any chance of a comeback was diminished as Hughes got sent off for them on 28 minutes. Crewe won but failed to make any ground on the goal difference as they only managed to beat Rochdale by the single goal, which means....
View attachment 1099764We finish 6th! We only managed to stay 6th due to us having a goal difference better by 4. We now will face Barnsley in the play offs semi final with the first leg at home. My beloved Ipswich managed to stay up just! Leeds - Sheffield United will be the other play off game whilst Birmingham go up as champions and Wycombe join them automatically.
More good news, Johan ter Horst has resumed first team training following his 6 weeks off, meaning he may be available for the play off first leg, if not, most certainly the away tie.

Next Update: Play off Semi Final First Leg -Barnsley (Home)

Superb work holding on to the playoffs one way or another! Now hope you have more luck in the playoff than I ever have!

Superb work holding on to the playoffs one way or another! Now hope you have more luck in the playoff than I ever have!

Thanks mate, made play offs 3 times so far and gained promotion once so hopefully can make it a 50% promotion rate after gaining play offs this time round!
Update to follow in a minute

Play off Semi Final First Leg
View attachment 1099769We managed to win 4-2 at our place! 62% of possession and double the amount of shots they had really shows how dominant we were as they were lucky to get 2 away goals out of the game. Eric Cashin scored a screamer to kick things off before Sam Surridge scored a 10 minute hat trick to maintain his unreal form! Liam Truslove then grabbed a goal to make it 4-1 at half time although Cashin scored another screamer to make it 4-2.
Hopefully we can keep it tight in the reverse leg and nick a goal on the break to calm nerves, 2 away goals is definitely something they can build on so we need to make sure we are at the races for 90 minutes at Oakwell.

Next Update: Play Off Semi Final Second Leg - Barnsley (Away)

Play off Semi Final Second Leg
View attachment 1099775What an unbelievable result and performance! Everything that I wanted to happen, happened! An early goal through Hugo Logan to settle the nerves, they then took control before another Sam Surridge goal which killed their momentum. Throughout the second half we just retained possession and tried to kill the game. They thre everything at us in the last 15 minutes of the game but we held strong and kept a clean sheet and a place in the final!
Not all good news as James Hancocks picked up an injury and will miss the final as a result meaning Frazer Franks will fill in at left back.
Leeds beat Sheffield United 6-4 on aggregate so we will face them in the final in a weeks time!
Next Update:Play Off FINAL - Leeds (Wembley)

Play Off Final
View attachment 1099784Its a game of what ifs! We start the game exactly how I didn't want us to as we concede in the 4th minute. We are then well and truly rocked and Frazer Franks hacks down Connor Chaplin for a penalty, I'm amazed he wasn't sent off never mind not even booked! Chaplin's penalty is hit straight down the middle and James Talbot gets his body in the way before Harvey Rodgers clears. This was the turning point of the game as we now start to play our football and a goal just before half time occurs as Phil Egan turns in Adam May's shot which was going just wide. After half time we start well and Sam Surridge should have scored two but put both chances narrowly wide before a corner for Leeds and Phil Egan brings down Chaplin again. Near enough the whole team appealed the decision although I have seen them given. Grant Callister tucks the penalty away with a fantastic strike and it was too little too late as despite throwing the kitchen sink at Leeds, no more chances were created and they claim the last spot in the Championship for next season.
Despite being absolutely gutted, I am massively proud of how we have played all season, favourites to finish bottom we well and truly smashed this season finishing 6th, the clubs highest ever finish! I will do a end of season review in my next update.

End of Season Awards
View attachment 1099786What I like about this, is the fact I have two players in this team that I had when I first took over Kidderminster in James Hancocks and Liam Truslove who also got player of the year. Harvey Rodgers, James Talbot and Johan ter Horst are players I bought whilst in the Conference South and are still with me today and featuring in our best 11 of the season! Also Steve Palmer is included despite leaving in January, who knows what would've happened if he decided to stay.
View attachment 1099787 Mr Kidderminster Harries, Liam Truslove also gained a place in the Leagues team of the year!
View attachment 1099788After beating the record last season, whatever happened this year we would have broken it again however a 6th placed finish was a lot better than first anticipated!

My contract runs out this summer and I'm tempted to not sign a new one as I feel I have taken Kidderminster as far as I can, after an FA Trophy win and runners up in the FA Trophy, 3 promotions including two league titles and three play off heartaches. Hopefully clubs in the championship or even lower premier league clubs will take a punt on me as my record is worthy of that.
Who knows where I will be come the next update?...

Unlucky in the playoff final mate, been there, done that and its a shame but you go again if you're still at Kidderminster next season, if not, I look forward to where you head

Thanks mate, yeah hopefully not too long before I'm in the premier league like yourself!

Pre-season
Spoiler alert...im still at Kidderminster. Despite numerous applications sent for vacant managerial jobs in the summer (Southampton, QPR, Hull, Huddersfield, Birmingham) I wasn't even shortlisted for a job which meant I didn't even have to dust down my suit for an interview! As my contract was set to expire I signed a new one year deal as it was evident that no higher division team will come for me at this certain time so ill continue to try and build up both my reputation and Kidderminsters!

Therefore I had the whole summer at Kidderminster and here are our summer transfers....
View attachment 1100065
We have only sold one player for a fee so far, Bradley Wood, £5,000 to Oxford United. He didn't have the impact id hoped for last year as this level of football is too much of a step up for him so after one season at the club he departs. Elliott Johnson was also released for the same reason as his contract was up after one sole season at the club. Max Hazeldine, a player that smashed it for us in lower leagues has finally left the club after failing to make the cut at this level. Joe Crowe, Daniel Wright, Frazer Franks, Dylan Williams, Josh Cogley, Matthew Overton and Peter Kioso were all released as they were on relatively high money compared to their ability and to make way for younger and better players. The usual youngsters that didn't make it were also released although a special mention for Robbie McDonnell and Callum Doherty for a handful of first team apperances. Ross Holloway was actually 3 star ability however was released due to our tactics playing without a left midfielder which he was. As always our upcoming youngsters were loaned out to various clubs in particular Nuneaton as we are their feeder club as they look to gain first team football to aid their development.
Now the arrivals...
View attachment 1100066
Alex Turnbull, despite relatively average work rate and determination, his stats for an advanced playermaker are decent and as a free, following his release from Leicester City in the summer, with 4 and a half star potential, he is perfect competition for Logan.
View attachment 1100067
Marlon Pack, an all round good midfielder, his physicals are starting to decline but his mentals and technical stats are very good for this level. With premier league experience with QPR 2 seasons ago and at 32 years of age, Pack will look to guide and lead our team to a similar position we achieved last season.
View attachment 1100068
Alex Scott, signed from Aston Villa for £90,000, Alex Scott has potential to be a 5 star player, his central defender stats don't drop lower than a 9 however averaging an 11 so at 19 years of age, an absolute steal IMO.
View attachment 1100070
Spencer Owen, released by Huddersfield in the summer, we brought Owen in to be backup to Leon Ellis and Harvey Rodgers, a player who cost nothing and has room to improve.
View attachment 1100071
Fraizer Ainge, £350,000 from Huddersfield, 5 star potential and already 2 and a half starts including impressive technique, passing, teamwork, decisions, composure, teamwork and determination, looks an absolute beast.
View attachment 1100069
Cole Kpekawa, £195,000 from Shrewsbury Town, he can play anywhere along the back 4 but I will probably play him left back, very good marking, heading, tackling, determination, positioning and physical attributes!
View attachment 1100057
Adam Richardson, £200,000+ from Watford, another player with 5 star potential and currently at 2 and a half star. Give competition for Surridge as a target man and has some impressive physical attributes as well as a good first touch.
These three were signed as players we will look to send out on loan and develop into future first team players or into a healthy profit. A special mention for Allison who is the better of the 3 IMO after failing to make the grade at Southampton.
View attachment 11000614 wins, 3 draws and one defeat in pre season is a decent rate. Sam Surridge has kept his goalscoring form up with 10 goals, Declan Draycott got more than Johan ter Horst and looks set to start the season alongside Surridge. A special mention for the 5-1 win against Dundee United who had ex Man Utd player Tom Cleverley playing for them.

We will keep our 4-3-1-2 formation from last season. After last seasons ridiculously high finish of 6th, the players and I will look to emulate that success again as we look to continue to build on the strong start we made in league one last time out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you've really strengthened this year around mate, hopefully promotion is yours this time

August

I will start off with the transfer deadline news... Portsmouth, Leyton Orient, Exeter and Chelsea, YES, Chelsea, (probably to become 4th choice) all put in a bid for, goalkeeper, James Talbot, however we rejected all offers as they were in the region of £55,000. James Talbot then handed in a transfer request which I accepted however said that the fee would need to be closer to £200,000. Offers continued to come in, however fell way short of our valuation therefore he remains a Kidderminster player. No other transfer news to note.
View attachment 1100132 Charlton - we kick off the new season away at The Valley against newly relegated Charlton and beat them 3-2, a very impressive win including goals for our two strikers and attacking midfielder Logan.
Swindon - Our second string team beat Swindon 4-2 including a brace for debutant Adam Richardson, Johan ter Horst had a knock so didn't feature hence the Surridge goal and Ainge came off the bench to score.
Port Vale - Despite our draw against them in pre-season we hit them for 4 with both strikers and Ainge scoring again and a first for centre half Harvey Rodgers.
Crewe - Our first clean sheet of the season away at Crewe thanks to Hugo Logans second goal of the season.
Preston - Back to back wins and clean sheets as Surridge and Draycott maintain their great start to the season.
Middlesbrough - We fall to our first defeat however it was our second string team at home to Premier league Middlesbrough. Alex Turnbull scored his first for the club however they massively deserved to win this game.
View attachment 11001454 games played, 4 wins! 2 points clear at the top currently however as ive stated, the season is only 4 games in so no need to get carried away! Hopefully we can maintain this fantastic league form however I hope the cup defeat doesn't hit the team for 6.
Fraizer Ainge came third in young player of the month whilst I claim the manager of the month award.

September
Transfer news... Danny Davis joined Bromley on loan for the season after we signed him for £2,000 from Folkestone in the summer. Also James Talbot has withdrawn his transfer request, good news all round.
View attachment 1100169
Bolton - away at the Macron Stadium and we run out 3-1 winners with Declan Draycott grabbing a hat trick.
Yeovil - In the checkatrade trophy our second string side run riot with 3 goals and a clean sheet.
Colchester - We run out 1-0 winners, Adam Richardson coming off the bench to score. Declan Draycott hit the woodwork 3 times throughout the game as well.
Barnsley - A game we could've won and deserved more from. Richardson came off the bench to score again but at 2-1 in the 89th minute Adam Richardson put a shot 2 yards out over the bar and the next highlight ended with Barnsley killing off the game with a third.
Wrexham - Back to winning ways as Finn Tapp grabbed his third of the month to secure the win.
Oxford - Away at the Kassam ended in defeat as we failed to convert any of the 16 chances we created as Sam Surridge is on a goal drought and will be replaced by Richardson next game.
View attachment 1100171Dropped to second in the league a point behind Rochdale. If we manage to convert more of our chances and Sam Surridge finds his goalscoring form again hopefully we can pick up more points than 6 from 12 like we did in the league this month.

October
View attachment 1100348
Cambridge - We start Adam Richardson and he delivers as he scores the only goal in a 1-1 draw although a game we deserved to lose.
Coventry - 0-0 says everything you need to know about this game.
Bristol Rovers - our second string team win in the cup to put us top of our group.
Plymouth - 2-0 win including a Fraizer Ainge free kick!
Ipswich - Another game we didn't deserve to win and we didn't as Ipswich outclassed us.
Shrewsbury - Our second goalless draw of the month despite the fact we should've won.
Sheff Utd - Adam Richardson grabs a brace, we were 3-1 up with 5 minutes to go and we somehow drew 3-3!
View attachment 1100349Despite only one league win this month, we somehow go back to top! I'm expecting a much better month results wise which will hopefully coincide with us increasing our gap at the top to a much more comfortable lead than 5 points all the way down to 11th.

November
View attachment 1100361
Blackpool - Away at Bloomfield Road and we run out deserved 2-1 winners, Fraizer Ainge with another free kick.
Crewe - In the 1st round of the FA Cup we win 2-1 thanks to a Declan Draycott brace.
Southampton U23s - Our reserves fall to a 3-0 defeat but it doesn't matter as we were already through anyway.
Wigan - What a game, somehow we failed to lose despite having 10 men following Fraizer Ainge's sending off in the 66th minute, Richardson missing a great opportunity to equaliser.
Rochdale - Top of the table clash and we run out 4-2 winners away as Draycott, Richardson and Finn Tapp continue their good goalscoring form.
Gillingham - Did everything but score in a disappointing 0-0 draw at home to Gillingham.
View attachment 1100362We fall to 2nd in the league, however we are level on points with top of the league Chesterfield with only 3 goals separating us and have increased the gap to 3 from 3rd placed Rochdale thanks to that 4-2 win over them 2 games ago. However slightly disappointing we couldn't beat bottom of the league Gillingham which would've seen us go top by 2 points.
Adam Richardson won young player of the month with 3 goals and an average rating of 7.32

So after I have failed to gain any job or even get interviewed my own coach got a job at ****** Championship side, Cardiff City! What else can I do!?
View attachment 1100396
Peterborough - A great start to the month with 5 goals including a brace from Richardson and a goal for Turnbull and ter Horst off the bench.
Chesterfield - Out of the FA cup following a well deserved 1-0 defeat.
Chelsea U23s - A game we probably didn't deserve to win but ****** it through Sam Surridge who ends his goal drought.
Charlton - A 2-0 win at home with goals from Truslove and Richardson.
Port Vale - We somehow drew this game despite completely controlling the game as they only had 2 shots all game.
Notts County - We take out our frustrations from last game on Notts County as Draycott scores FOUR!
Southend - Lose away at Roots Hall despite dominating the game but we are made to rue the chances we missed.
View attachment 1100397Back to top of the league by a point and we increase the gap to 4 points clear of third. Rochdale have surprisingly dropped down to 11th after a horrendous run of form!
Adam Richardson picks up both young player of the month AGAIN and player of the month. I came runners up in the manager of the month award.

Back