Sunderland 2-4 Chelsea

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea keep in touch with Premier League leaders Manchester United with a thrilling victory at Sunderland.

More...

one of the best games of football this season. excellent win from the lads.

Lovely WIN I just hope Torres fits in well perfectily

After watching tonights performance Nando will be relashing playing in this side.

I think Paul Merson was right talking after the game tonight on SSN, although its a game made for him, after Anelka's fantastic performance, either Drogba gets replaced or Torres doesn't just walk into the team.

I think Paul Merson was right talking after the game tonight on SSN, although its a game made for him, after Anelka's fantastic performance, either Drogba gets replaced or Torres doesn't just walk into the team.

The way we played tonight he could play in the team with Anelka and Drogba. It could suit all 3 of them.

The way we played tonight he could play in the team with Anelka and Drogba. It could suit all 3 of them.

Merson said the opposite, although i rarely agree with him.

he said its screaming out for 4-4-2 rotating the 3 depending on form. Which really would be stupid because you have a formation your used to, would disrupt the play too much.

Merson said the opposite, although i rarely agree with him.

he said its screaming out for 4-4-2 rotating the 3 depending on form. Which really would be stupid because you have a formation your used to, would disrupt the play too much.

We lined up as a 4-3-3 tonight but at most times we played with Anelka dropping really deep and just left Drogba and Kalou up top on their own.

We lined up as a 4-3-3 tonight but at most times we played with Anelka dropping really deep and just left Drogba and Kalou up top on their own.

Merson really is a PLANK then XD

he said 4-4-2 would be best, although he would want to play all 3, Anelka apparently could never play a normal wide left role... although as you're saying you've watched it, i haven't, he played there anyway :$, in a game according to the statistics you dominated...

Proof! of why i always think Merson is talking from between his cheeks...

Merson really is a PLANK then XD

he said 4-4-2 would be best, although he would want to play all 3, Anelka apparently could never play a normal wide left role... although as you're saying you've watched it, i haven't, he played there anyway :$, in a game according to the statistics you dominated...

Proof! of why i always think Merson is talking from between his cheeks...

i think Merse is a pretty decent pundict too lol. Anelka barely played upfront today and at times was playing as a DM.

i think Merse is a pretty decent pundict too lol. Anelka barely played upfront today and at times was playing as a DM.

Iv never been able to stand the bloke, but thought he was talking sense with his analogy of your star striker scenario, clearly not!! As per...

I think the key thing is that Torres actually isn't afraid of tracking back at times, as well as Anelka so they could possibly play together, only time will tell.

Iv never been able to stand the bloke, but thought he was talking sense with his analogy of your star striker scenario, clearly not!! As per...

I think the key thing is that Torres actually isn't afraid of tracking back at times, as well as Anelka so they could possibly play together, only time will tell.

will do mate, Sunday will be very intresting indeed.

mfage Merse pwns as a pundit how can you not like hin?

the guys legendery

will do mate, Sunday will be very intresting indeed.

It will for sure, hopefully after a positive result for ourselves in the first game of super sunday ^^)

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

mfage Merse pwns as a pundit how can you not like hin?

the guys legendery

You would say that, look at what Merson says in the future from a neutral view, he is one of the MOST biased pundits going for clubs he likes or has played for!

He really doesn't like us, being former Villa presumably... if he gives us credit and Im eating i end up choking on it Im that shocked! Needless to say its maybe once a season, if he gives us any positive report he will end it with a negative which totally negates the positive statement!

4-3-1-2 is the way to go for me. Slight variation on a formation Ancelotti is very familiar with: the Christmas Tree. With a back four with two buccaneering fullbacks, Obi holding and Essien using his workrate and stamina to play box-to-box with Lampard playing a slightly more attacking minded role to the right of the three. Anelka would drift around looking for space behind a front two of Torres and Drogba.

Could work.

4-3-1-2 is the way to go for me. Slight variation on a formation Ancelotti is very familiar with: the Christmas Tree. With a back four with two buccaneering fullbacks, Obi holding and Essien using his workrate and stamina to play box-to-box with Lampard playing a slightly more attacking minded role to the right of the three. Anelka would drift around looking for space behind a front two of Torres and Drogba.

Could work.

What about Malouda?