Sunderland agree fee for Fuller

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Stoke City accept a bid of £3m from Sunderland for striker Ricardo Fuller.

More...

Looks to me like they'll be giving Fuller a support role and will be relying on Gyan for goals.. sounds like a good plan to me.

Maybe they'll bring in another striker too just to give them numbers as Gyan is there only fit striker at the moment with Welbeck only being on loan too...

I really like Fuller, not sure what it is though. Maybe his lovely ear studs....undecided.

3 Mil, good price I think!

That's value. While not the pure goalscorer that Bent is, IMO he's got a more all rounded game that'd benefit Gyan/Welbeck. 3mil is a great deal

Ideal stop-gap signing for Sunderland I feel, until they can scour the market for a long term replacement for Bent. Fuller was wasted a little at Stoke with their style of play, so he should do quite well. He'll improve the output of Gyan et al

Hope he'll get some playing time now. One of my favourite players in BPL he was, in early 2009 or so.

Great signing for Sunderland, Ricardo Fuller - The poor mans Drogba.

thought sunderland would go for someone better tho!
as Gyan is there only good striker now
with Welbeck out for 8 weeks

just what Niall Quinn said he wanted, he said he wanted a taget man striker to knock balls down for Gyan and Welbeck so its a decent signing for Sunderland.

I think Fuller will work better with a team like sunderland no offence to stoke, but he has a bit more flair about him than most of the stoke squad

I really like Fuller, the few times I have watched him he seems to work hard and has alot of pace also to me he seems more of a playmaker but on the downside he seems to be quite injury-prone, but overall I'd say a good signing.

stoke fan here, just like to say sunderland can get stuffed, he aint going nowhere. 1. pulis absoulety loves him, 2. he is irreplaceable to us especially considering were not goin to get a massive amount of money for him because his age

theres been no bids accepted, we have been in contact but aint agreed a fee, and tbh no 1 wants him lmao

Good piece of business there! Really like Fuller from when he used to play for Southampton, I think that he will do well for Sunderland when he joins. :)

Was on the bench for Stoke today but didn't play. I reckon Sunderland may just wait until the summer until buying a new striker.

Interesting if this happens of the striker shuffle that's happened at Sunderland, Stoke and Villa.