supermatt1978

Reaction score
View attachment 422475
Give that man a cheer !!! Brendan Rogers is a very gifted manager this is why i like to follow his formations and tactics, So finally i have made a rebuild of my popular Brendan Rogers Tactic "The Reboot".

The formation is a 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-1-4-1 depends how u look at it.
View attachment 422474

i Use the assistant to sort out training and match preparation.
Pitch size is Normal/Medium.

This is a tactic is a high pressing , controlling , fast paced tactic.
What i noticed with this style of play is the space being left behind defense as they push up the pitch.

The set up of the team -

AF - is the main man leads the attack and plays the balls to the IF's
IF's - fast attack minded players that will drop back to help defend but main job is to attack the box.
CM,s - one is set to support pushing the ball forward , other is set to defend so supports the play going forward but also makes sure he gets back to help out.
FB's - they do what needs to be done defend when needed and support the attack when also needed.
CD's - they hassle any players near them and push the ball forward.
Anchor - What i see as a very important player he is the rock in the team that backs up the defense and holds the midfield together.

I have to be clear this is not a 100% winning tactic and will need to be worked at with your team.

I have tested for one season so far with blackpool with a mid table prediction .

Here is my results -

View attachment 422478View attachment 422477View attachment 422476

ADDED - i would like to say i see the first season as your build up season , learning formation, getting the team to gel together,getting a ok/good league position then build for the next season to make a real attack on league/cups etc.
I also recommend having a good size team doesn't matter if there youth players because they will be good for the next couple of seasons or if u can and u are a low team try signing older players they will help for a season or to, players like bobo balde, jari litmanan , lee hendrie etc , yes there old but are good passing and players like jari are good for freekicks etc.

Well i will be uploading soon , any questions just ask .

Happy footballing.

download link - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=8612

Last edited:
Hey look's good , I've took a huge break from FM for awhile due to the ME being terrible , going to give it ago tomorrow. I'll have a deeper look at this tactic then.

I myself want to replicate a tactic on the style of football Brendan has implemented on Liverpool this season , it's weird though as it's never been easy to understand the formation we've been playing this year , we set out as a 4-3-3 however as the game goes on it tends to become a 4-3-1-2 / 4-1-2-3.

Am ecstatic at the job Brendan is doing , would be fantastic if we can pinch the title!

Hey look's good , I've took a huge break from FM for awhile due to the ME being terrible , going to give it ago tomorrow. I'll have a deeper look at this tactic then.

I myself want to replicate a tactic on the style of football Brendan has implemented on Liverpool this season , it's weird though as it's never been easy to understand the formation we've been playing this year , we set out as a 4-3-3 however as the game goes on it tends to become a 4-3-1-2 / 4-1-2-3.

Am ecstatic at the job Brendan is doing , would be fantastic if we can pinch the title!

Yes fingers crossed we can but will be happy for top 4 this season, i've tried to replicate how the team plays which like u said is not easy.

I am now giving it a run out with liverpool as it is the team it was made for see how it goes

Looks good but the only concern I'd have is the direct passing conflicting with the play out of defence instructions. It is similar to my liverpool tactic only I have short passing instead of direct. Does this work well for you? How does it get you players playing?

Looks good but the only concern I'd have is the direct passing conflicting with the play out of defence instructions. It is similar to my liverpool tactic only I have short passing instead of direct. Does this work well for you? How does it get you players playing?

Hi mate yes seems to work but i have only tested with blackpool at moment giving it a test with liverpool at moment , they seem to work well.

3 games 3 wins with my west ham side near end of second season bit of gamble as was using another tactic but this has been terrific so far surprised not more talk on here about this one?

Edit: make that 4 wins :)

3 games 3 wins with my west ham side near end of second season bit of gamble as was using another tactic but this has been terrific so far surprised not more talk on here about this one?

Edit: make that 4 wins :)

thanks for the update mate , well was hoping for a bit more feedback from people but only a couple of days have gone buy.

Ok now im going to test in Germany never used a german team much so be good for test of tactic .
Im using Werder Breman , will keep u updated .

Been trying to make my own BR style tactic for ages but have failed miserably every time so I'm gonna give this one a go fingers crossed it works as I don't wanna get sacked again :D

Who will be scoring most goals? Both wingers or the striker? What kind of VMC would we need?