*****SURE*****SHORT******SUCESS****** FORMULA******JASSAR

jassar

Reaction score
HI guys , after a whole year of playing fm 13 now i can say that whatever team i start with a underdog or a top team ,it doesn't matter anymore .I have found out a pretty good formula how to manage a team and to get positive results .

I have started a hundreds of games with underdog teams this year and have always found that some games u can win by luck but than there will be a patch that ur team will loose a lot of games . so oftenly i stopped playing game and i sat down and looked at different aspects of game to see if i am missing any thing .

After 930 hours of playing fm 13 this year i have come to a conclusion and a formula ,if applied correctly u will get the results no matter what .

I will provide all the tools u need to play the game in the way i do and i hope it gives u the same results as it had given to me .

So lets start

once we start a new game go to team

1) TACTICS .....apply the tactics

JASSAR HOME (for home games and easy away games)
VERSION 2 OF NORMAL TACTICS
View attachment 468672
DEFEND ( for hard matches at home/away)
View attachment 468671
ALL OUT ( in need of a quick fire goal.)
View attachment 468670

Now my tactics are set than i go to

2) TRAINING- here what i do is

i set the pre season general and match training to

than i go to individual training and give individual training to players

GK----- handling , quickness, reflexes
RB/LB--- QUICKNESS (VERY IMPORTANT TO DO THIS TO STOP LOB PASSES OVER THE DEFENDERS)
CB----- Complete defender, limited defender
DM---- defender midfielder, deep lying play maker
CM----- BOX TO BOX (VERY IMPORTANT)
WINGERS-Inside forward
ST----- complete forward

than i go to the coaches training and i look what is the rating of a coach in particular section .If any coach have a coaching stars under 3.5 i give them mutual termination of contract.

i go to fm 13 mini scout and than i find the staff members with high ratings...i sign 2 fitness coaches,2 gk coaches ,and 6-7 coaches (no coaches for under 18 or reserve teams) 2-3 good physios, a lot of scouts from different countries

NOTE- i never sign under 18 manager or under 18 staff member . I always give all the under 18 staff mutual termination so that they can free some slots for 1st team coaches,physios,scouts. If u are in a situation that u find a staff member that have a high rating in tactics training but he is a head of youth department ,so what u can do is offer him high salary he will accept ur offer to be a coach or what ever u want him to ..e.g. is newton motta from Brazil ,he is a excellent tactical coach but is a head of youth department coach , i offered him high salaries and he accepted to be a coach of my team .
DURING SEASON

GENERAL TRAINING----- during the first 10 matches i keep it just to TEAM WORK/very heavy . than after that balance/heavy

MATCH TRAINING------ defending movement /set piece or attacking set piece / movement depending on opposition

IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE INITIAL SEASON TRAINING TO TEAM WORK .
4) FRIENDLIES- I at least give my team 8-9 friendlies and will rotate my team around to have a high teamwork.

5) BACKROOM ADVICE-- I usually agree to all the things my staff gives me advice on like training and some other things.
NOTE - NEVER ACCEPT ADVICE ON CHANGING THE TEAM STATUS OF A PLAYER, it can unsettle the player .Never accept advice that a player is unhappy with training . Let him be unhappy with training in pre season . pre season is to train really hard so dont worry about that. If a staff member ask u to put a youth ( reserve or under 18 palyer for loan ) acept it as it will give u a more wages for new players if they go on loan at 100% of their salaries. Dont accept offer regarding contracts renewals to youth players if they are anything lower than 3 stars ( otherwise they will be always be a reserve player ) and will eat ur wage budget .

6) TEAM MEETING-- introduce urself to team . boost their morale , than ask the captain than ask the team . MOST of the time all the players will react positively to the meeting .

7) STAFF RESPONSIBILTY--
NOTE --- see i dont have a under 18 manager , instead i give a coach that have high rating in working with youngsters that responsibility .

8) STAFF-- This is one of the most important tips ... give mutual termination to all the coaches ,physios,scouts that have low PA . to check the PA or CA of staff use the FM GENIE SCOUT .
I always give mutual termination to all the staff members and than i go to the fm genie scout and find each and particular staff players in different sections like
so i go in fm genie scout and find coaches physios and scouts that have high CA-PA and at least 7 or 8 rating in that particular module . If a staff member have 8 rating in genie scout that means he will have a 4 star in the ranting . 7 rating means 3.5 stars .
so always see the genie scout and find different staff members for different training .

if Ur club only allows 3-4 coaches and u cant hire more than there is a trick . Offer a lot of coaches contracts than once u hire 3-4 coaches , your club will refuse to hire any more coaches . go to training > coaches > and un tick all the training modules from different coaches

doing this there will be a new option available in the TALK TO BOARD > STAFF> COACHES ALLOWED
and always select the first option shown in the screens when u talk to the board. you will be allowed to hire more coaches in 99% cases.

TIPS- If a scout, physio or a assistant manager, head of youth development have high rating in and training don't hesitate to offer them a coaching role with higher salary ( many times offers will be accepted )

9) FINANCE --Now go to talk to board and talk about the wage and transfer budget increasing . always choose the first options (I would like the transfer or the wage budget increased as i currently don't have funds to strengthen all the areas in the squad) that comes when u talk to them .

10) Than i will go to the reserve squad and will see if i have any players that i have and those who are in the range of 1-5 mill and only have 2-3 star rating . i know from the back of my head that these players are not good to break into the first team and will always be in reserves . So i will bring them to first team and make them transfer list available .Most of the times these players are not good and low reputation teams come for them . So try to unsettle them by TALK TO PLAYER> CONTRACT STATUS> TERMINATE CONTRACT>GIVEN UR UN PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR
than I THINK YOU NEED TO FIND A CLUB THAT IS WILLING TO OFFER U FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL, that's something i cant do . That way he will be unsettled for sure . Than after a day or 2 go back to talk with player and choose happiness >concerned>do u have any concerns at the movement> I don't see ur future at the club.
He will be willing to go to a lower team and will leave soon .

TIPS --- imagine i have Darren bent to sell . his value is 7 mill $ . i Will make him available for 15$ , if some club comes that's fine , or i will reduce his price .5 $ every day till the time a club comes and pay me full price what i was asking on that day .

10) SELLING UNWANTED PLAYERS---Will sell all the players that i know are not good for the team , will send other players on loan that i cant sell even trying my trick .Will always keep the option of recalling them anytime as i will recall them in January and will sell them that time

than i will make sure i check my back room advice and usually if i have a good assistant manager than i agree to most of the advice they give me on anything

11) TRANSFER --What i do here is i open the FM Genie scout and see what players are with good CA and PA. I will scout them . make press releases ... declare interests and admire or endorse player to unsettle them and finally they will request transfer listing and i buy them .

TIP--
I never buy a player for full value asking e.g . if a player is transfer listed or the team wants 10 mill$ for him i pay them 2.5 mill$ up front and rest 7.5 mill$ in 48 month installments .
this way i can buy a lot of players with even a shot budget ...Don't worry even if ur club goes into loss every month due to these payments . As with my formula u will get success and win cups and will get a lot of money .
If there are multiple offers for a player , so give ur best offer for that player ...e.g.--if a player demands are 40g wage ...give him 55g that way even if u are a underdog team it will still give u and edge over other teams .
I loan a lot of players in as that's a cheap option than to buy them .I always try to loan in players on the deadline day as on that day there are always so many new players that comes to transfer market that were not there in the whole transfer list in the months of July , august , January .

12) MATCH DAY ---This is it all ur training , ur wonderful tactics will come to test today .

I choose my best team .
Than comes the opponent instructions ....
there are few ways we can do this ..
1) for people who like to understand what it is ....
Opposition Instructions | Football Manager 2013 Guide

How to eliminate threat with Opposition Instructions | Passion for Football Manager

Opposition Instructions - Match Tactics | Passion for Football Manager
2) for people who don't want to read this all and want a sure short formula ...

if u want ur coaches to select it ... go for a defending coach to do the OI

3) My formula- THANKS TO RAIKAN007

Opposition Instructions:
*you can leave this to assistant manager but make sure you do the following:

Show all strikers, central mids (cm's and am'cs) on to weaker foot and close down
or

1) show strikers to weaker feet
2) tight mark wide players and show to weaker foot, hard tackling
3) close down central mids and show to weaker feet
4) close down cb's and show to weaker feet

TEAM TALKS thanks to RAIKAN007
VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT FOR
SUCCESS

Pre-Match team talks:

Bigger opposition
(when you are not favorites for the match)

Home/Away:
(this is my own little trick I use and have implemented with great success)

(team talk)
Calm/Assertive/Passionate:

"Just go out there and relax and play your natural game, the result will come"

this relaxes your players and if you do lose, will not affect their morale that much!

then:

(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

"I have faith in your ability"

I also suggest using the following, especially when away from home:
(calm/reluctant/passionate)

then:
(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

"There is no pressure on you today"

this should take the pressure off your players, especially away from home

Smaller
opposition
(when you are favorites for the match)

Home:

(team talk)

"I expect a win"

"Come on lads, we are favorites, lets show them what we can do"
"Let's give them a performance they are expecting from us here"
"A team such as ourselves should be winning this game without any problem at all"

Away:

"Let's do it for the fans
"Let's give the fans something to cheer about"

(see overall team talk box, I selected the assertive a team such as ourselves...)

then:
(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

(see individual team talk drop down menu's, I used I have faith and got a few more good reactions out of my players)

Half time team talks:

When you are not worried about the outcome of the game:

(this usually is when you are not even considered to feature in the game i.e. City vs Bradford/Telford etc)

Away/Home:

(team talk)

then:

(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

these options will be used when you are really underdogs and are not too worried about the result at the end of the day..

When your players are playing well and above expectations:

Away/Home:

(team talk)

then:

(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

When your players are playing badly and below expectations:

Away/Home:

(team talk)
Assertive/Aggressive:

then:

(individual)
Calm/Passionate:

Substitutes team talks:

If you have a young player or a new player in the squad, using "no pressure" is a good idea to use as young players do not have the experience like older players do

If you are losing bringing on a player that could potentially change the course of the game, saying "expect a performance" or that "you have faith" is a good idea to use

Full time teamtalks:

Very important piece of advice:

You need to remember and keep in mind what you said to your squad from the first whistle.

If you said to them pre-game against Chelsea "Just go out and relax " and at half time you said "I expect to see a much better showing" and at full time you lost 3:0 you cannot go and aggressively say "You were not good enough"
Keep that in mind otherwise you are going to have a tough time!

When you have a good win or good draw (regardless of home or away or opposition)

Away/Home:

(team talk)

"Well done, that was a good win for us"

When your team have played well and won the game convincingly, using passionate/calm and "well done that was a good win for us" is the best option

If you came away with a good draw when you were meant to lose, using calm/passionate and "I'm very happy with the result and the way you played" is a good option.

If you only say won 1:0 against a weaker team like this, I would use assertively "That was a bit of a let off..." I did not highlight it as sometimes your players react badly..

But this depends on what you had said to you players at Half time and Pre match! You need to keep in mind what you said to them to avoid upsetting them.. for eg:

When you have a bad loss or bad draw against
Smaller opposition

Away/Home:

(team talk)
Aggressive/Assertive/Passionate:

When your team have performed badly, make your feelings known! Use aggressive mostly and say "you were not good enough" this usually fires up the players for the next game and motivates them to do better!

When you have a good loss and display against
Bigger
opposition

Away/Home:

(team talk)

Calmly saying that "you were unlucky today" or that or that "you were happy with what you saw out there" when you lose narrowly or were in complete control but just could not break down the opposition and end up drawing, these options are good as your team actually played well, despite the result and should be told so! This will 99% of the time get a positive reaction from the players

SECOND SEASON SYNDROME
A lot of people ask me that the effectiveness of all the tactics in 2 nd season are gone .
So for that what i will say is asa u are done with all the matches of first season. change the tactics . i mean if u are playing with defend tactics change it to 4-5-1 pre made by the game . so by doing this u dont have to play any games with that tactics for 2 months at least .and once the new season starts and new friendlies are announced go back to same tactics that u were using before .
another thing is we all love to make a lot of changes in the team ( transfers) in seconf season so for all the friendlies and first 10 matches of season use team work as general training.

sometimes in during the season the tactics starts to loose the effectiveness too. for that make some minor changes ...like make striker cross to far post make wingers to hug touch line and drop CB a bit more deeper and do defending training as general and match training.

RESULTS AND PROOF OF THIS START
View attachment 468456View attachment 468455View attachment 468454View attachment 468453
View attachment 468452

PLAYER FILTERS
View attachment 468435View attachment 468437View attachment 468436View attachment 468440View attachment 468439View attachment 468438View attachment 468432View attachment 468433

REST TO CONTINUE AFTER A SHORT TIME .....

Last edited:
Hi Jassar, in what way is this different/ better than your previous rock recreated normal/defend/allout combination?
I really liked that set of tactics, is this better and how is the gameflow different?

When will it be ready for download bud, any player filter list nice read

Hi Jassar, in what way is this different/ better than your previous rock recreated normal/defend/allout combination?
I really liked that set of tactics, is this better and how is the gameflow different?
Its better in all the departments ...will be publishing my results too

is the tactics ready to be uplooaded ? :) Really forward to it after using version 1, led my Stoke to champion in 1st season without siging anyone

Hey there Jassar, I've used a few of your older tactics which moderate to very good success. I'm looking for a new tactic right now, so I was wondering if I should use these three or the other ones(No way you score, Bang on etc) in the other thread - http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-tactics-training/124405-%2A%2A%2A%2A-rock-tactics-%2A%2A%2A%2Arecreated-%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Ajassar.html

those ones are good too but these ones are more better defensively ...give this a try

those ones are good too but these ones are more better defensively ...give this a try

Okay, will try it. For the normal tactic(4-1-2-2-1, with the DM), is there a playmaker? What type of CMs should I get - attacking, defensive or all-round types? And should they wingers be classic wingers or inside forwards(right foot on right or left foot on right?)

And what type of striker? A quick striker(Javier Hernandez type), creative one(Rooney, Suarez type) or a tall target man(Llorente, Carroll type)

Okay, will try it. For the normal tactic(4-1-2-2-1, with the DM), is there a playmaker? What type of CMs should I get - attacking, defensive or all-round types? And should they wingers be classic wingers or inside forwards(right foot on right or left foot on right?)

And what type of striker? A quick striker(Javier Hernandez type), creative one(Rooney, Suarez type) or a tall target man(Llorente, Carroll type)

the DM is the playmaker
CMS------sissoko (newcastle) wanyama (southhampton) schneiderlin (southampton) Nainggolan(cagliari) players like them

wingers should be classic , but inside wingers can be helpful too as the wingers are not huggging touchline in the tactics so they can cut inside and do the trick
it dosnt matter which foot they are
striker i will say only one person ------like benteke
he is the only reason i go and manage astonvilla

Hey Jassar, Have you updated all of the tactics or just the "Normal" one?

Welcome done on still striving for the perfect FM13 tactic although the new FM is just around the corner! You and all other tacticians work on this site are greatly appreciated!

the DM is the playmaker
CMS------sissoko (newcastle) wanyama (southhampton) schneiderlin (southampton) Nainggolan(cagliari) players like them

wingers should be classic , but inside wingers can be helpful too as the wingers are not huggging touchline in the tactics so they can cut inside and do the trick
it dosnt matter which foot they are
striker i will say only one person ------like benteke
he is the only reason i go and manage astonvilla

Cool, so I'm going to be trying this out with Liverpool. Can you tell me if this starting XI is okay?

GK: Mignolet
RB:Johnson
CB: Agger, Sakho
LB: Santon/Enrique
DM: Lucas Leiva
CM: Gerrard, Schneiderlin
LW: Coutinho
RW: Sterling
ST: Suarez/Damiao

I haven't had much success with Suarez, but do you recommend him for this tactic or should I sell him(could make good money) and get Damiao (or Benteke) instead? I'm using LFCMarshall's transfer update.