Surely The Greatest Comeback EVER?

StuartCarey

Reaction score
It's West Ham v Man City in the 6th Round of the FA Cup at Upton Park, 40200 fans have come expecting a game.

The media believe West Ham have enough to beat Man City - but it goes all wrong in the first half!

Man City go 2-0 up at Half Time! Stuart Carey brings on Luis Jimmenz who has just come back from a long time injury - hoping he can make an immediate impact. Stuart changes his tactics around from 4-3-1-2 Attacking/Defensive to his much preferred 4-3-1-2 Fast Paced High Scoring tactic.

70 minutes have gone, amazingly its still 2-0, West Ham have been piling on the pressure but can't score past the Man City Keeper, who is obviously on his top form.

Stuart Carey tells his players to Retain Possession, Work the ball in the box! Screaming at his players '1 Goal and we can get back into this!'

He gets his wish, they get a goal.. Torres with an excellent flick on puts Luis Jimenez on a 1-on-1 situation!

GOAL! 87th Minute Subsistute Luis Jimenez gets a goal back.. a Lifeline?

3 minutes late, Torres is sprinting with the ball on the right flank! He brings the ball into the box and drills the ball in front of the goal. LUIS JIMENEZ LATCHES ONTO IT AND SMASHES IT INTO THE GOAL! 90TH MINUTE EQUALIZER!

2-2!

But West Ham don't want the match replayed, oh no! 2 minutes into stoppage time once again Torres does a fantastic run into the box and once again drills the ball into the box.

And who is there to place the ball in the bottom corner?

LUIS JIMENEZ! 3-2! 90+2 MINUTES THEY'VE SURELY WON?

And we did! We're through to the 7th round! Amazing turn around!

I nearly had a ****** heart attack.

Pretty awesome comeback.

Obviously I can't determine the quality of your side since you are in 2014 but good none the less.

pretty decent comeback there mate, i remeber on 09 once i was 4-0 down and won 5-4, i think i was tottenham and i am pretty sure it was against everton

I'll give you a hint - two times EPL winner, 2 times FA Cup winner, Champions League winner, Club Championship winner, two times community shield winner.

And 15th richest club in the world now! But trust me, we still can't beat Man City, they are just such a strong squad it's crazy. They paid 32 million for Lennon I think.

Nice comeback.. But i've seen better.
Not as late, but more goals in the comeback.
I was 3-0 down then went 4-0 down, Arsenal vs Chelsea, FA Cup. My chelsea squad allowed Arshavin to score 4 goals! For us that is, It was 4-4. Then in the 91st minute.. GOAL!!!

Arsenal scored! Luckily, it was an own goal from 20 yards!
An amazing win for us. Got a **** load of records. No screenshots as it was from last years game. Didn't know about screenshotting back then :(

Makes it even better that one player scored them all (H)

Great comeback mate. I wish I was that lucky. :'(

Good comeback but mine was great with Inter against Chelsea in the champions league final. 3-0 down at half time, manage to make it 3-3 and win it in extra time 4-3 :D

my best was over 2 legs, Manchester United V Manchester City champions league semi final, lost the first leg 4-0. Won the second 6-0. I went ecstatic. And it was 0-0 at half time :O

did u say you had fernando torres on your team?

When Luis scored the first goal I was thinking 'consilation goal'.

Then the second came. Then the third - and I screamed so loud I woke the Moon up!

no....the greatest comeback ever is obviously "so's your face" ;)

any chance of a screenshot on your team :eek:?
great comeback ;)

A great comeback, m8 but I've also had several like this with Man. City:
Man City 4-3 Chelsea
We started winning 2-0, then Chelsea scored 3 until the 45'. In the second half, we scored 2 more goals and won 4-3

Man City 5-3 Liverpool
Started losing 2-0, then drawed 2-2 until the 45'. In the second half, Liverpool scored 2-3. Then we scored 3 goals.

And, in the real life, in a derby between SL Benfica and Sporting CP for the Portuguese cup, SL Benfica loss 5-3 after being winning 2-0 at the break.

But good comeback

Cheers

one time i come away from 3 0 vs sevilla with athletic bilbao...all in last half hour :)