Have only played a few pre season games so far. After reminding my self not to move the FB's back (the temptation was great).
I noticed primarily that we had loads of possession and were playing some lovely football, and though we were having shots we were having none or very few on target (I imagine this is due to my awful players more than anything else) So I have added the work into box instruction to see if this forces us to create better opportunities. I will update what I learn

ok so for lower quality teams with a slow back line I am finding after watching on full match that a normal defensive line, lowers their chances of a ball over the top and work into box as an instruction puts at least half our shots on target. apart from that it's a very nice tactic and we are still not full comfortable with it

Vincent Tan's showing off his dollar smile

8x0cLgm.png

ok so for lower quality teams with a slow back line I am finding after watching on full match that a normal defensive line, lowers their chances of a ball over the top and work into box as an instruction puts at least half our shots on target. apart from that it's a very nice tactic and we are still not full comfortable with it

hi mate. i think you're right, with lower teams maybe higher defensive line don't work very well, cause most of defensive players in low leagues are slow, so it will create many chances for the opponents.

Finish half a season with atletico madrid and here is my review for you tactic:

Possession,cross heavy, pressure high tactic and for what is good it does it well.

Highly dependent on the wing backs and the right Winger. I think the AMC is a little out of order on this tactic...the touches he gets for every match seem useless and for a player of Oliver skill he should be doing 8 to 12 key passes per game or at least average 80+% of passing.

Defense:

Lacks a little on defense, specially for a tactic that it is possession based and not all full attack. A lot of the opponent goals came from counter attack, because the team presses full field and that allows the opposition to get more space on your own midfield, so good attacking and passing teams will score a lot. You can correct this with OI, making your team to not press the back-line, which improves a lot the defense stability of a pressing tactic, making all your players to stay compact in the field, leaving less spaces for the opp. This also improves the counter attacks you can do, because when the team gets the ball, the compact formation will extend to counter attack. You can see this in real life with barcelona, Germany or the Pepe Guardiola teams. Portugal also did this type of pressing on the EuroCup, but they did it with a deeper back-line. To replicate this just instruct your team to never tight mark or press the defenders and make it so that they do the pressing on opp midfield (MC and AMC).

For the rest of the team it seems good defensively with the high defensive line and playing the offsidetrap.

Offense:

The main problem I saw on the offensive transition is that the box to box midfielder and the AMC runs from the balland get in the way of the space occupied by the fullback and the winger. I think you should try to remove the "move into channels" from at least one of them. This would improve even more if you tell the team to "exploit the flanks"...it's the focus of the tactic without having these instruction ticked, so it will improve the offense side for sure.

Fullbacks and the right winger, really carry all the games. Bellerin should be freaking broken with this tactic.

Result Prints:

View attachment 138003

View attachment 138002

View attachment 138001

View attachment 138000

View attachment 137999

Overall:

I think you did a good job here and I can understand what you want to emulate here and exploit. It's not the best result I had with Atletico, but it isn't the worst by miles too. Also sometimes teams don't suit well for some tactics, but I think this one is not the case for Atletico. Keep up the good job!

Possession,cross heavy, pressure high tactic and for what is good it does it well.

Highly dependent on the wing backs and the right Winger. I think the AMC is a little out of order on this tactic...the touches he gets for every match seem useless and for a player of Oliver skill he should be doing 8 to 12 key passes per game or at least average 80+% of passing.

Defense:

Lacks a little on defense, specially for a tactic that it is possession based and not all full attack. A lot of the opponent goals came from counter attack, because the team presses full field and that allows the opposition to get more space on your own midfield, so good attacking and passing teams will score a lot. You can correct this with OI, making your team to not press the back-line, which improves a lot the defense stability of a pressing tactic, making all your players to stay compact in the field, leaving less spaces for the opp. This also improves the counter attacks you can do, because when the team gets the ball, the compact formation will extend to counter attack. You can see this in real life with barcelona, Germany or the Pepe Guardiola teams. Portugal also did this type of pressing on the EuroCup, but they did it with a deeper back-line. To replicate this just instruct your team to never tight mark or press the defenders and make it so that they do the pressing on opp midfield (MC and AMC).

For the rest of the team it seems good defensively with the high defensive line and playing the offsidetrap.

Offense:

The main problem I saw on the offensive transition is that the box to box midfielder and the AMC runs from the balland get in the way of the space occupied by the fullback and the winger. I think you should try to remove the "move into channels" from at least one of them. This would improve even more if you tell the team to "exploit the flanks"...it's the focus of the tactic without having these instruction ticked, so it will improve the offense side for sure.

Fullbacks and the right winger, really carry all the games. Bellerin should be freaking broken with this tactic.

Result Prints:

View attachment 1066797

View attachment 1066798

View attachment 1066799

View attachment 1066800

View attachment 1066801

Overall:

I think you did a good job here and I can understand what you want to emulate here and exploit. It's not the best result I had with Atletico, but it isn't the worst by miles too. Also sometimes teams don't suit well for some tactics, but I think this one is not the case for Atletico. Keep up the good job!

Its an exciting looking formation - a triangular's paradise - I hope other's will try it as well - cheers

Pre season game 4

okay here goes. I am a fan so far of this tactic.

the changes to TI's are to help stop the quick ball over the top so defensive line to normal as Gateshead have some slow defenders.

The dribble less is so we keep the ball moving as decision making is not great here in the Vanarama National, and work into the box seems to be helping us keep more shots on target. The Coldstream match stats are a good example of the possession and chances we create.

Also adding every one but their CD's onto a weaker foot.... Wide players closed down and strikers man marked and closed also seems to have tightened us up a bit.

My only concern is the rarity of a CWB in the Vanarama. And I am wondering if the same position but a different role will have a huge impact.

But overall a very good tactic. just some tweaks to suit my where my players seem to be having problems.

Don't rely on friendly matches to check if the tactic is good. Friendlies have a lot of random elements that makes it so different from normal season games.

The changes you did are really good for your team. I just don't know if it will work having a deeper line AND playing the offside trap.

For the drible less formation, if you check that your players are still losing balls by trying to drible, untick them manually on the player instructions, because player instructions override the team instructions for most of the time.

For the OI, usually playing the weaker foot on MC/MCL/MCR will allow the opponent too much space and usually players from this position have good two foot play. Closing down AML and AMR can also bring problems because it will allow them to use speed and drible more often against you and that can cause problems to your defense.

Its an exciting looking formation - a triangular's paradise - I hope other's will try it as well - cheers

Defense:

Offense:

Result Prints:

View attachment 1066797

View attachment 1066798

View attachment 1066799

View attachment 1066800

View attachment 1066801

Overall:

Wow! Great review guy. I appreciate your suggestions and I'll work to apply them and later I'll post the results here. Thanks for the tips! ^^)

ok pre season is over and barring a 3-0 defeat to Newcastle all went well. I have made a few tweaks but the shape is the one I downloaded.. After reading suggestions I removed the play offside instruction as I agreed that it was not effective paired with a normal defensive line.

I also took a hard look at OI's TI's and PI's

using weaker foot only for wide players.... closing down if the FB's or Wingers are good crossers of the ball, but no tight marking to try to lessen the risk of my full backs being torn part by a decent dribbler.

tight marking and closing down on the strikers seem to helped.. and everyone as well as TI instructions to drop pressing to sometimes over the course of pre season seems to have helped us maintain a good shape.

I also noticed my BBM and AM seemed to spend a lot of time in the same exact place in the pitch, so I tried the AM as an AP and he seems to wander more comparison shows he is getting more touches as an AP, and my BBM has more room to operate in.

Lastly the change from CWB to WB does not seem to have affected my FB's efficiency.

These changes implemented over pre season and then finalised for our first league game resulted in a 2-1 victory on opening day...

Go GAteshead

ok pre season is over and barring a 3-0 defeat to Newcastle all went well. I have made a few tweaks but the shape is the one I downloaded.. After reading suggestions I removed the play offside instruction as I agreed that it was not effective paired with a normal defensive line.

I also took a hard look at OI's TI's and PI's

using weaker foot only for wide players.... closing down if the FB's or Wingers are good crossers of the ball, but no tight marking to try to lessen the risk of my full backs being torn part by a decent dribbler.

tight marking and closing down on the strikers seem to helped.. and everyone as well as TI instructions to drop pressing to sometimes over the course of pre season seems to have helped us maintain a good shape.

I also noticed my BBM and AM seemed to spend a lot of time in the same exact place in the pitch, so I tried the AM as an AP and he seems to wander more comparison shows he is getting more touches as an AP, and my BBM has more room to operate in.

Lastly the change from CWB to WB does not seem to have affected my FB's efficiency.

These changes implemented over pre season and then finalised for our first league game resulted in a 2-1 victory on opening day...

Go GAteshead

Good! Post your results later please. Hope you have a great season ^^)

I like formation and decided to use it with Fenerbahce.

By the way i also derived two different versions of this tactic. One for overloading, one for keeping score.

I will give some information in mid season.

I'm starting a new career with Torino! Soon some news...
Are there any OI?

Who do you take off when you are down to ten? Great tatic by the way...