Swashbuckling 3-6-1: All-round specialization, at it's finest!

Liam

Reaction score
Swashbuckling 3-6-1: All-round specialization, at it's finest!

FOR A BETTER 3-6-1 GO HERE;
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...tic-fm13-[possession-cccs]-8.html#post1782493

The formation:
View attachment 362174
Potential Pass Sequences
Potential Movement

Average stats over the course of 100 games:

Goals Scored:
With this tactic, I scored on averages 2.3 goals per game, most goals scored is 7, least scored is naturally 0. In 100 games, we failed to score in 2 and managed to score 1 and above in 98.

Goals Conceded:
With this tactic, I conceded just 13 goals in 100 games and 4 of them came in 1 game. The defenders I used were Astori, Munoz and Cannavaro. With Armero and Maggio as Wingbacks.

Average Possession:
Possession verses smaller teams: 75-80% on average.
Smaller teams include the likes of Palermo, Siena and Pescara.

Possession verses mid-level teams: 65-70% on average.
Mid-level teams include the likes of Parma, Cagliara, Chievo.

Possession verses top teams: 55-65% on average.
Top teams include: Juventus, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

My very own.. Famous example:
A 15-0 win.

View attachment 362152
This game displayed all that is right with this tactic.
High possession level, due to insanely fast closing down as opposed to talented passers.
High shot count due to insane amount of chances created.

Recommended players to specific roles:

GK: Ter Stegen

SW: Munoz, Cannavaro
CB: Astori, Ogbonna, Alderwield

LWB: Armero, Zuniga
RWB: Cuadrado, Maggio

CM: Wanyama, John Obi Mikel, Inler

LW: Candreva, Hamsik
RW: Nani, Giovinco

ST: Altidore, Ferreyra, Giroud

Shouts:

If you're winning 1 nil, it's around 60 minutes and your team are starting to get complacent, use 'Hassle opponents' to breathe fresh life into the game, and really up your levels in a vital stage.

If you're losing, and there's around 20-25 minutes to go, use exploit the flanks, and get them to whip more crosses in.

Pre-match Instructions:

Only on the big games- use your wingers to mark their fullbacks.

Download:

Mediafire
Here at fm-base

Please leave your reviews, opinions and suggestions! Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i Will try this with my Roma !! Finally you are back !!There is a long time since you have released the 4-6-0 from FM 2012

I'm always a bit late, I'm sorry! FM14 will see me release a bucket load of high-standard tactics, I promise. :)

Should work perfect with Roma, however I wouldn't recommend Lulic, due to his low defensive stats. Maybe sell him and get someone who's more versatile both defensively and attacking.

Hey love the look of this tactic, i will give it a test and let you now how it was. Could you post some screenshots of your league stats, fixtures maybe and what training focus did you use or suggest? ;)

Hey love the look of this tactic, i will give it a test and let you now how it was. Could you post some screenshots of your league stats, fixtures maybe and what training focus did you use or suggest? ;)

I would, however I actually deleted the file, I'm currently playing a save with Napoli so when I reach another 100 games I'll post some stuff up then. And as for training, I mix it up based on opponent to be honest. But main focus would definitely be teamwork, nothing sexier than unison attacking/defending.

Good luck with it and post your overall feedback! :)

Ok sounds good. Im going to give it ago with Liverpool as they r so unpredictable as to being good with a tactic or bad. Get back to you later with results etc.

What sould i do if someone gets red card?

Well, it depends on who really. But y'know I can't do everything for everyone. :p

But from personal experiences, if you're winning just take of your striker and go 4-5-0, if you're losing, go 2-5-2.

Really good opening post, well done !

I'm actually really disappointed with it haha. Looks tatty and disorganized compared to my last one. Considering I'm a tactic-a-year kinda guy, I should have put more effort into presentation.

No doubt I'll do it up, by tomorrow. :p

I'm actually really disappointed with it haha. Looks tatty and disorganized compared to my last one. Considering I'm a tactic-a-year kinda guy, I should have put more effort into presentation.

No doubt I'll do it up, by tomorrow. :p

It could do with some more info regarrding the approach but using spoilers is a really good way of not making it look disorganized. You will be surprised on how many more people that will be able to find the correct info when there is not too many screens visible at once etc.

It could do with some more info regarrding the approach but using spoilers is a really good way of not making it look disorganized. You will be surprised on how many more people that will be able to find the correct info when there is not too many screens visible at once etc.

Yeah, I was going to detail out my whole start of season approach when using this tactic, seems as the most common question is; "Match prep?"

I'll have it done by the time Spain vs Brazil is finished.

Yeah, I was going to detail out my whole start of season approach when using this tactic, seems as the most common question is; "Match prep?"

I'll have it done by the time Spain vs Brazil is finished.

Yeah it's weird about people always asking about match prep when it really depends on your team and situation, not the tactic. Tactic not fluid? Tactics only. Team not gelled? Teamwork. Playing Stoke away from home? Defending set pieces. It's all rather simple :p

Yeah it's weird about people always asking about match prep when it really depends on your team and situation, not the tactic. Tactic not fluid? Tactics only. Team not gelled? Teamwork. Playing Stoke away from home? Defending set pieces. It's all rather simple :p

It's just one of those, I think some people think this game is 'buy who you want', 'anything goes' and 'plug and play'.
Maybe some people, would be so much more suited to Fifa Manager if they just wanted a simulation. :p

But you're right, it depends on your team, strengths and weaknesses. The tactic is just the output. **** dude, we're so philosophical.

Version 2 coming later on. Its even better. lol