Like I stated at the begining of the thread, you want the impossible. If you want to press and be wary of counters, you should play control, fluid football. Meaning you need to ask your fullbacks to be slightly more agressive, not attacking, but on support duty, which will scale nicely with control mentality. Read that sticky and adhere to it or you will continue to lose where you could draw or even win. Having two attack duties on the flanks is way to attacking, you need your winger to attack, and fullback to support him, you can read about those combos at guidetofootballmanager.com Also, if you check player instructions of your box to box player, hover your mouse over roaming instruction and you will notice it is already on. I would advise against roaming in any other team shape but very fluid, and you would be better of with some other role. If you already have a dlps, it would be wise to pair him with a bwmd and CMa, or CMd and APa...
I've already read that, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Also you can't say that is wanting the impossible, because I have seen it done firstly in real life and secondly in my own game currently. Not every combo is set in stone, with my Standard mentality my attacking full back goes forward when there is an opportunity and gets back when we lose the ball. You say it is wanting the impossible yet on my game I'm seeing it happen, so I don't see how you can question it. West Ham do not have the players to control a game, the better teams will stop me getting the ball. Like I said, when I lose the ball my defenders get back along with the DLP, B2B and AP, while my attacking 3 players have player instructions to close down more, so if they are near the ball they will press that player, but if they are not they drop back, just because they have an attack mentality it doesn't mean they stay on the attack and I will happily take screenshots when I'm next playing to prove this as I've seen my AML and AMR defending on the edge of my own box even though they have attacking as the player mentality, because the tactic's duty suggests they come back and defend at points.

Here, I made 3 versions of a tactic that could suit you, only took a minute.

I've already read that, otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Also you can't say that is wanting the impossible, because I have seen it done firstly in real life and secondly in my own game currently. Not every combo is set in stone, with my Standard mentality my attacking full back goes forward when there is an opportunity and gets back when we lose the ball. You say it is wanting the impossible yet on my game I'm seeing it happen, so I don't see how you can question it. West Ham do not have the players to control a game, the better teams will stop me getting the ball. Like I said, when I lose the ball my defenders get back along with the DLP, B2B and AP, while my attacking 3 players have player instructions to close down more, so if they are near the ball they will press that player, but if they are not they drop back, just because they have an attack mentality it doesn't mean they stay on the attack and I will happily take screenshots when I'm next playing to prove this as I've seen my AML and AMR defending on the edge of my own box even though they have attacking as the player mentality, because the tactic's duty suggests they come back and defend at points.

Ok. I was just trying to help. No need to prove anything to me. If you are happy with your setup, enjoy it.

I'm afraid to say I don't want to use them, I know how mine works and I don't want to tweak it as I'm seeing it work from the assistance from WJ, I'm not trying to win the game using someone else's custom tactic that will see my average West Ham game win the league, I don't see the fun in that I want the game to challenge me as it is proving to and understand where I can improve personally. That is why I asked for help and I appreciate what you are saying but I completely disagree with you saying it is impossible when from what I've seen in 7 games has worked overall very well. I don't mind losing the odd match here and there, because that is football, West Ham this year is a prime example, we were 4th at Christmas, then suddenly we lost all form and finished in the bottom half of the table, the manager there couldn't fix the issue nd in all honesty didn't really try to and kept trying the same thing, which is where I want to be different, if I concede a goal now, I'm looking as to how they scored it and what could prevent that and if it was just a player mistake then sometimes that happens.

I'm afraid to say I don't want to use them, I know how mine works and I don't want to tweak it as I'm seeing it work from the assistance from WJ, I'm not trying to win the game using someone else's custom tactic that will see my average West Ham game win the league, I don't see the fun in that I want the game to challenge me as it is proving to and understand where I can improve personally. That is why I asked for help and I appreciate what you are saying but I completely disagree with you saying it is impossible when from what I've seen in 7 games has worked overall very well. I don't mind losing the odd match here and there, because that is football, West Ham this year is a prime example, we were 4th at Christmas, then suddenly we lost all form and finished in the bottom half of the table, the manager there couldn't fix the issue nd in all honesty didn't really try to and kept trying the same thing, which is where I want to be different, if I concede a goal now, I'm looking as to how they scored it and what could prevent that and if it was just a player mistake then sometimes that happens.

Of course. You seem to be where I was three years ago. I studied the match view to see where I was wrong, fixed the error, stopped conceeding from that particular threat, only to end up conceeding in some other manner. Then I fixed that too, but started conceeding from set pieces. Then I fixed that too, but couldn't score for the life of me. Then I fixed that too, but then my players started getting red cards and injuries. Then I fixed that too, but couldn't get possession. Then I fixed that too, and new fm was out and nothing worked in new fm that worked in previous one. Then I spent a whole year fixing ****, and got stuff working properly, and new fm with all new features was out. Then I fixed that too and in the process learned enough to tell you what you should do. To help you out so you don't have to go through what I went through, as you might end up blowing your brains out. Suit yourself...

Of course. You seem to be where I was three years ago. I studied the match view to see where I was wrong, fixed the error, stopped conceeding from that particular threat, only to end up conceeding in some other manner. Then I fixed that too, but started conceeding from set pieces. Then I fixed that too, but couldn't score for the life of me. Then I fixed that too, but then my players started getting red cards and injuries. Then I fixed that too, but couldn't get possession. Then I fixed that too, and new fm was out and nothing worked in new fm that worked in previous one. Then I spent a whole year fixing ****, and got stuff working properly, and new fm with all new features was out. Then I fixed that too and in the process learned enough to tell you what you should do. To help you out so you don't have to go through what I went through, as you might end up blowing your brains out. Suit yourself...
You are making it out though like my tactic is not physically possible, even though it is, like I said, I don't want an average squad of players to be winning the league because I have some freaky unbeatable tactic, I want something like that to happen on pure amazement or the fact I have built my squad well over a few years, invested in the right players and made the team my own. I have an idea of how I want football to be played, I always have and for once in FM I can actually see that happening thanks to the help of a few others. I don't want my team to be all out attack, or to be controlling, that's not my style. I want a decent mixture of passes be it short or direct depending on what is best on and hoping the player will see it, sometimes they may try it and it won't work because it wasn't the correct decision but that is fine with me because they are trying it and if I changed it to a better player then it would probably have worked but I need to buy that player in the future.

You are making it out though like my tactic is not physically possible, even though it is, like I said, I don't want an average squad of players to be winning the league because I have some freaky unbeatable tactic, I want something like that to happen on pure amazement or the fact I have built my squad well over a few years, invested in the right players and made the team my own. I have an idea of how I want football to be played, I always have and for once in FM I can actually see that happening thanks to the help of a few others. I don't want my team to be all out attack, or to be controlling, that's not my style. I want a decent mixture of passes be it short or direct depending on what is best on and hoping the player will see it, sometimes they may try it and it won't work because it wasn't the correct decision but that is fine with me because they are trying it and if I changed it to a better player then it would probably have worked but I need to buy that player in the future.

My tactics aren't freaky, they actually all go along with the ME. I don't create abominations, I create sensible tactics. I focus on what I want to achieve, like controlling the match, or attacking, or countering, or defending, and set TI's that compliment that. And I only use 2 TI's per every aspect of the game, a total of 8. I set my fluidity higher the more agressive I want to play, and I set my TI's more agressive the more agressive I wish to play. And vice versa. They are actually quite simple, which is why they are so effective. On guidetofootballmanager.com you can learn which roles make good combos and which are better suited to which style of play, and I combine that with sticky guide on this forum. And that's about it. Nothing special when you look at it, actually. It was the advice of others and looking at all those succesfull abominations on the share section that got me on the wrong track in the first place. I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to impose anything on you, I'm not. I'm just trying to help.

My tactics aren't freaky, they actually all go along with the ME. I don't create abominations, I create sensible tactics. I focus on what I want to achieve, like controlling the match, or attacking, or countering, or defending, and set TI's that compliment that. And I only use 2 TI's per every aspect of the game, a total of 8. I set my fluidity higher the more agressive I want to play, and I set my TI's more agressive the more agressive I wish to play. And vice versa. They are actually quite simple, which is why they are so effective. On guidetofootballmanager.com you can learn which roles make good combos and which are better suited to which style of play, and I combine that with sticky guide on this forum. And that's about it. Nothing special when you look at it, actually. It was the advice of others and looking at all those succesfull abominations on the share section that got me on the wrong track in the first place. I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to impose anything on you, I'm not. I'm just trying to help.

Why do you set your fluidity higher the more aggressive you want to play?

This is the best way to play and learn mate. FM has been evolving to give a more active user experience year in year out and playing this way will serve you better aswell as give you more self satisfaction that you are the one who achieved success.

This is the best way to play and learn mate. FM has been evolving to give a more active user experience year in year out and playing this way will serve you better aswell as give you more self satisfaction that you are the one who achieved success.
I am noticing that, I've had a good run since too winning 5 in a row, 4 clean sheets in a row and geting manager of the month for February and Zarate winning player of the month!