Average Joe

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting up my tactic that I've developed from the day of release until now (until 2023 or so in game). I've been Manchester united and tweaked and changed my tactic across all of this time and I think it's pretty good.

Its a 4 2(cms) 2 (wingers) 2 (strikers) with a specific set of instructions per position.

Now I realise I am a strong team with great players due to the budget United have - I've won the league every year, Champions league every year bar maybe 2 or 3 of them and tonnes of domestic cups etc.

BUT

I have downloaded a few tactics off here to have a play with and I've never been happy with them, always going back to my tactic. This could be because I've molded players in to what I need for the tactic which gets better results for me. Or it might be that I do have a really good tactic. (I ALWAYS develop youth, so I'm very rarely ending or even starting a match with my strongest 11)

I don't get on the game enough to try it out with other / weaker teams so was wondering if anyone fancied trying it out for me and if it is any good, I'll chuck it on for download!

Basically you'll (hopefully!) score a lot of goals, usually from the wings or the strikers (30+ goals a season each striker, 20+ assists each over 40ish games) shouldn't concede many, usually have 60% possession and a shed load of shots on goal.

I've been on this website since 2009 but never released a tactic, if anyone fancies giving it a go give me a shout!

*forgot to say, I had an unbeaten season in the last season I played, and I think I only lost 1 game in the league the year before, annoyingly to Arsenal in the first match of the season!

Last edited:
I'll give it a quick test tomorrow if you want in my Leeds save. I usually go 4231 but I have Chris Wood and Assombalonga so would be nice to get them playimg together

I'll give it a quick test tomorrow if you want in my Leeds save. I usually go 4231 but I have Chris Wood and Assombalonga so would be nice to get them playimg together

Cheers epic, I'm not actually sure how I go about sending it to you though haha, at work at the moment.

It's got wingbacks, b2b mid, deep lying mid, left inside forward, right winger and two DLF as strikers.

As I say, not sure if it's personnel I have or tactic but it's pretty ****** effective even when I use a team of reserves

Cheers epic, I'm not actually sure how I go about sending it to you though haha, at work at the moment.

It's got wingbacks, b2b mid, deep lying mid, left inside forward, right winger and two DLF as strikers.

As I say, not sure if it's personnel I have or tactic but it's pretty ****** effective even when I use a team of reserves

I'll be sure to let you know mate, can just stick it in dropbox and PM me the link if you don't want to put it out to the full site. Otherwise just stick on mega upload or something

I'll be sure to let you know mate, can just stick it in dropbox and PM me the link if you don't want to put it out to the full site. Otherwise just stick on mega upload or something

I'll have a look later tonight mate, don't want to put it out if it only works because I built a team of players FOR the tactic, that'd be useless for everyone else and a waste of time haha. But I do think there's enough about it to work, it doesn't reply on gimmicky corners and things, just good controlled attacking play

I'll have a look later tonight mate, don't want to put it out if it only works because I built a team of players FOR the tactic, that'd be useless for everyone else and a waste of time haha. But I do think there's enough about it to work, it doesn't reply on gimmicky corners and things, just good controlled attacking play

Ill be FM at some point this weekend most likely tomorrow if you're on steam just hit me on the chat

Taken a load of screenshots in png. but it wont let me upload, any ideas?

Make a winrar archive and upload IT somewhere. I'm really curious about this tactic.

what training match/ team do you use and do you use opposition instructions? mate or do you leave it to asst manager

what training match/ team do you use and do you use opposition instructions? mate or do you leave it to asst manager

Have you downloaded mate? (if so did it work lol)

I just use general training set to high but I have good squad depth. I use very high in pre season and give all my players at least half a game per game bar keeper

I don't actually use any opposition instructions. Try it with or without but I've generally not used them in a fair few seasons!

(and try to judge it when it's fluid in familiarity!)

**** tactic with a good team and **** team tested with Dortmund and Forest

**** tactic with a good team and **** team tested with Dortmund and Forest

Haha thanks for your detailed input!

Guess you can go back to asking people for Dortmund tactics again though as it seems you've never got your own working ;)