Tactic testing for FM23 is back!

Hey all,

We are working our hardest to get this up and running but please be aware there are differences between the way we test vs our competitors.

1. Our system is automated and unbiased.
2. Our database is very in-depth to ensure that we can remove as many variables as possible, and we have had to contend with some pre-game editor bugs.
3. We have to create a system for freezing attributes, injuries, bans & more for each edition of the game.

We appreciate that it's not live yet, but we really aren't very far away now.
Good to hear Liam, SI have just patched the "remove Injuries/Bans/Loans" bug so I am now working on a much bigger version on my testing database but look forward to testing yours and hope my tactics can perform as well as they did last year.

Hey all,

We are working our hardest to get this up and running but please be aware there are differences between the way we test vs our competitors.

2. Our database is very in-depth to ensure that we can remove as many variables as possible, and we have had to contend with some pre-game editor bugs.
3. We have to create a system for freezing attributes, injuries, bans & more for each edition of the game.

Great! People that can't wait for this and throwing **** dunno what they are talking about. Best tactictester there is. Keep up the great work! <3

Hey all,

I have immense respect for the work you do. You are doing a good job. But "we really aren't very far away now." doesn't mean anything to anyone because you gave a date before, but it was not published on that date.

I have immense respect for the work you do. You are doing a good job. But "we really aren't very far away now." doesn't mean anything to anyone because you gave a date before, but it was not published on that date.
Im going to assume it will be post patch, which will be later this week/next week.

Lads look, we are all anxious for this to be released but lets not annoy the mods/admins by asking about it every single day. Give them space to finish it, I know I speak for most people when I say id rather have a quality test data rather than a rushed inconsistent one.

The tacitc testing database is always a huge help to my games, like @ryanowen1990 I'd much rather wait till the database is of the quality we get year on year, due to the massive work put in behind the scenes

In the absence of proper testing, I've been doing my own - The latest version involves me simulating the first season three different times with Aberdeen. All I've learned from the results are it's very inconsistent. :rolleyes:

For example here are some results so far:

1iBgiPf.png

Good to hear Liam, SI have just patched the "remove Injuries/Bans/Loans" bug so I am now working on a much bigger version on my testing database but look forward to testing yours and hope my tactics can perform as well as they did last year.

Hi @Will1981
Sorry to be a pain in the arsenal. Can you tell someone who is a bit thick how to set up the game so no injuries / bans / unhappiness effects simulations ????

Hi @Will1981
Sorry to be a pain in the arsenal. Can you tell someone who is a bit thick how to set up the game so no injuries / bans / unhappiness effects simulations ????
no sorry not easily there is quite a lot to it, I have been editing custom databases since FM12 and I am still learning new things.

your best bet would be to use my Tactic Testing League or load it up in your editor and see what I have done but there has been well over 10,000 changes to get it working how I want it too.

Lads look, we are all anxious for this to be released but lets not annoy the mods/admins by asking about it every single day. Give them space to finish it, I know I speak for most people when I say id rather have a quality test data rather than a rushed inconsistent one.
You're right if the game won't get updates until February. But my guess is that the match engine update will come before or shortly after the tactical test results are shared and the data generated will be of no use.

You're right if the game won't get updates until February. But my guess is that the match engine update will come before or shortly after the tactical test results are shared and the data generated will be of no use.

We tested over 2000 unique tactics last year, and slightly less the year before. Please be patient, and we will do the same this year. :)

We tested over 2000 unique tactics last year, and slightly less the year before. Please be patient, and we will do the same this year. :)
I have a fast computer for football manager. If you want, I can help you in this process.

Thank you all so much for your hard work, the community really appreciates it! Do you think it will be up before the end of the week?