Its not simulated different but the assistant manager makes formation changes and changes to your tactic ingame so he does not actually use the actual tactic. So in short, holiday mode tells you absolutely nothing other than that one tactic is slightly better /worse when tweaked by an assman than another tactic being tweaked by an assman
If all assistant managers are equal that should give a fair reflection of how well a tactic fears when simulated?

If all assistant managers are equal that should give a fair reflection of how well a tactic fears when simulated?

Should do mate, what's your format of testing? How many teams and what teams are in the league?

Apart from the fact that he is not actually using the tactic. The test only shows what happends if the tactic is used in combination with some tweaks that might or might not make the tactic better or worse. We don't know what tweaks he makes to it or if those tweaks made it better or worse.

well i think TBH is right cos i have had some tactics do well in holiday mode strangely but when i play with my own management, it flops.. so i think that assertion could be right since i have seen asst managers change tactics in game on occassions am suspended even if he's to use my tactics.. but all in all i think its good this is being tested as well.. am learning a lot from all these threads.. :)

Should do mate, what's your format of testing? How many teams and what teams are in the league?

10 team league
Each team has exactly the same squad
Teams have 2-3 players in every position
All players are 150 CP in every position
Players are all created & have a rating of at least 15 for all role specific attributes and no more than 17

All teams have transfer embargos to keep the same squad.
Tactic testing is conducted over 10 football manager games, each lasting 1 season.
5 user teams take on 5 computer teams over the course of the season.

Apart from the fact that he is not actually using the tactic. The test only shows what happends if the tactic is used in combination with some tweaks that might or might not make the tactic better or worse. We don't know what tweaks he makes to it or if those tweaks made it better or worse.
Ok I understand what you are saying now, so you are saying that the assistant manager has a right to roam as in he can change anything about the formation/instructions during a match?

What I found interesting about the tests is that the same few tactics came out on top. As everything else about the teams was exactly the same and at the start of each game I assigned the tactics to a different team than they were in previous tests.

This suggests that there is better or worse tactics while on holiday. (Don't know if anyone can elaborate on that?)

Sweet I will test all the new tactics been posted over the weekend.