Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

Hello, I just started a game with Villarreal. I choose a narrow 4-2-3-1 to fit in all the stars (I couldn't get Cazorla). But in the friendlies Im doing pretty bad, 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 with Serie B teams. I have bought Kevin and Cabaye. I play:
Nilmar
Rossi Cani Cazorla
Cabaye Senna
Capdevilla Marchena Rodriguez Angel
Diego Lopez

Nilmar: Poacher
Rossi: Trequartista
Cani: Advanced Playmaker
Cazorla: Attacking Midfielder
Cabaye: Deep Lying Playmaker
Senna: Ball Winning Midfielder
Capdevilla & Angel: Full backs
Marchena & Rodriguez: Center-halves

As to tactics, I play fluid, with zonal marking, direct passing and focus passing down the middle.

Btw I already set my field to the smallest possible because I thought I would play the narrow tactic.

I could really use any feedback. Thanks in advance :D

Set your defense to zonal only for your 4 defenders, set the others to man mark. If you only set to zonal, your flank will be rather weak. Also, you might want to set your full backs to be more attacking to provide support on the flanks.

Do you use primary playmaker? I think it's better to use none since you have some creative players there. If you want to play in short pitch, it's better to use short passing because there are less space for your attackers while playing direct style.

Try slow down the tempo and play on opponent's half, set the d-line a bit higher to close the gap between your defenders and midfielders. If playing against opponent with quick strikers, set the mentality of your fullbacks to defensive to prevent getting exposed on the back.

Basically, the key is maintaining possession with your 5 midfielders and create chances from there. If you can't get through the middle (like some teams with 2 defensive midfielders), get your full backs to support from the flank and play drill crosses. Your current style will have hard time playing against opponent with narrow and deep defenders. Set your strategy to control to maintain possession and try to keep the ball on opponent's half as much as you can. Also, it's good to play a bit of long shots to force the defenders out of position to give space for your poacher.

I'm working on a tactic which involves a lot of possesion and passes, can anyone recommend a decent lower league team which has players who is a bit like messi, xavi, iniesta and the rest of the barca team. Or a team with 2-3 good "barca-kind players" and a budget to buy 2-3 more.

Can anybody tell me how I apply training schedules and formations on a mac? I down load them and cant find where to save to and apply... detailed instructions if you please :)

Place your files in finder/documents/sports interactive/football manager 2011/schedules or /tactics. Then in game you will find your formations under tactics/archived tactics. You will need to import your training schedules. In training you go to manage schedules/import/file.

Have peace.

Roverboy

What's a good partnership for Aguero and Rooney? I'm using Rooney as a TS (support) and Aguero as a CF (attack) but it's not working too well. Any suggestions?

I want to add two more playable leagues to my save does anyone know how to do this? I already have english, italian and spanish as playable

I want to add two more playable leagues to my save does anyone know how to do this? I already have english, italian and spanish as playable

It is not possible in FM11, comes as a new feature in FM12 which is released in couple weeks.

What's a good partnership for Aguero and Rooney? I'm using Rooney as a TS (support) and Aguero as a CF (attack) but it's not working too well. Any suggestions?

I usually have Rooney as a Complete Forward on Support and Aguero as either a Poacher or a Trequartista - sometimes a Complete Forward with Attack duty.

Are sweeper keepers supposed to come out of the 18-yard box to "sweep" the ball?

Because mine never does.

Hello guys i am asking for realistic ac milan tactic 4-3-1-2 already ask some guys and i get some good advices:

so my instructions:

Abbiati
Taiwo Fullback support
Silva Central Ball Playing defender
Nesta Central defender Defend
Abate Wingback Attack
Nocerino Box-to-Box
Van Bommel Central Midfielder Defend
Aquilani Central Midfielder Support
Boateng Attacking midfielder Attack
Ibrahimovic Complete Forward Support
Pato Poacher;Cassano Deep Lying Forward;Robinho Poacher;Superpippo poacher(left striker is always attack)

strategy:

balanced
control or standard

direct passing
more expressive
press more
more aggresive
man marking
default crossing
more roaming

Specific instructions:

Defensive line: under half
Width: narrow
Tempo: medium
Time wasting: rarely
Focus passing:through the middle
Counter attack: off
Play offside: off

So i am asking you for improving this tactic that will be like in real world.So player instructions would be welcome.

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me which ones work best....classic tactics with touchline instructions or classic tactics??

HOW DO I GET PLAYERS ON RUNS??? IVE SEEN IT ON OTHER PEOPLES TACTICS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. THANKS

is it actually possible to keep strikers in the middle ? ive messed with pretty much all possible settings and he ends up in useless positions

hi guys,
i have a small question about my tottenham team and how i play..
i using a 3 man defence with 2 stoppers and 1 marker in the middle
i play 2 dms 1 as destroyer and the other as deep lying playmaker
on MR i got a rounded winger to be offensove/defensive
i play 1 amc as playmaker support one AML inside forward attacking
and i play 2 st 1 is kinda like poacher and the other is target man both attacking
ok guys imo this taktik works insane for me i think i dont need help enymore :D

Last edited:
can someone tell me a mad possession tactic, with ccc's and lots of passes that i can use in away games, my home tactic is short and sweet so i need a back up tactic for away games, short and sweet is pretty amazing but i need another tactic with the same effect,i dont want my players being bored of the same tactic, i tried out might and magic but it aint that good in possession my team hardly reaches 60% sometimes even with small teams like xerez, please help me

hello,i have aproblem and i dont know how to solve it.
I have Training Facilities 3 stars,Workload-medium,and this thing "The players generally seem very unhappy with their current level on traning"

What can i do to ????thks

what team would you play for the formation 4-2-2-2 for liverpool default team first season?

I've signed a monster - 6'8", and with 20 jumping. You'd assume he'd win everything in the air, and in 3 cameos from the bench he's scored 2 goals from corners simply by outjumping everyone, so that would seem to be right.

My question is: where should I put him for corners to give him the best possible chance of meeting the ball? Near post or far post? Maybe even Challenge Keeper?