Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

Just wondering if i can loan players out to teams in leagues i havent loaded, eg- if i have the english prem to the bsp loaded, can i lan players out to bsn/s teams? thanks

is there any way i can download the fm editor without using steam? i gotta admit im not that fond of steam, in fact i dislike it. help!!!!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by andythetigers
is there any way i can download the fm editor without using steam? i gotta admit im not that fond of steam, in fact i dislike it. help!!!!
no there isn't

grrrrrrrr

i really dont know if this question belongs here but im sorry i really need some help with this so i have football manager 2011 handheld for psp and i want more funds for wages if i just ask the board they say no but then i saw the adjust budgets and it they say they are happy for me to move funds but the board have indicated that there is a minimum wage budget set to ensure that the club can maintain saquad depth and my trasfer budget is 239M and the wage budget is 384K per week now i know i can change that but if i change nothing happends what am i doing wrong so please can someone help?

Last edited:
How do I make my poacher learn how to place his finishes?

Is there a coach you can recommend that has an instruction for every outfield player on opposition instructions?

Is there a preference wich attributes (Mental, Technical ou physical) should i focus when the players is 15 to 18 years? and from 18 beyond? thank you

mb any1 can share me good corner kick (defending) tactic? this is f**ing shameful, i consede 40-50% from the corners. every corner kick for me just like a penalty :(

i hate Tactic Creator for limited options in Free kicks setup. it's impossible to make my tall player to stay near and far posts. i tried a lot of combinations, but i can't setup it how i want :(

Last edited:
Still need defending corner tactic.

1 thing, what i really hate in FM 11 is a corner kicks :(

Still need defending corner tactic.

1 thing, what i really hate in FM 11 is a corner kicks :(

Hi, narkidarki

I use next defending corner tactic in 4-2-3-1:

DR and DL - man mark
DCL and DCR - mark tall player
2 Centre Mid (MC or DMC)- man mark (need all-round mid with good marking and tackling)
CF and AMC - stay forward (or 2 CF stay forward)
Winger Left - mark near post
Winger Right - mark far post

Last edited:
hi, thank you, i tried this variation, but for this set up i should have 2 centre mids, what tall and good in the air.

sometimes, unfortunately my centre mids are 175-180 cm, and sometimes only DM can mark.

AI beat this , 2 his tall players get instruction: go forward (on this instruction they just staying in the middle of the penalty area, draging 2 my DC what following instruction to mark them). another 1 tall player go to "attack far post" or "attack near post", where he covered by my DL or DM/MC, what in 70% chances ends with amazing shot on or off target.
this is very random, sometimes my DC cover tall players in dangerous zones, sometimes not.

i made research, and find, what half goals from corners AI scores from far post. ~30% from near post.

and i deside to find solution, how to make my dc ALWAYS stay near far post and near post.

and i find it.

Game understand command "go back" in count from the right: first go 2 fulbacks, or wingbacks, next DCR, DCL, after it MCR, MCL and etc. Example for better understanding, everyone go back in 4-4-2:

N1IYGfs.png

knowing this algorithm easy to stick players what i want where i want.

this is what i use now in my 5-3-2

RlzyMzg.png

P.S after week testing: this setup works very well! Players NOT sticked to opponent player, they guard zone, what i want from them. They focus on the ball, not on the player behind them. This more intellegent method work, and you dont need world class players for it (i play LLM in Scottland now), you dont need a lot of tall players, enough to have 2-3. I concede from corners only after this stupid deflections, or my defenders failed to intercept the ball (very rarely).

Last edited:
How to stop sh*t like this:

BshKqRV.png

i want from my team (purple) to meet opponent near circle in the middle! This is a modern style of defending, doesn't matter what team use it, 90% of teams when they dont need to score asap - always drop behind line in the central, why it so hard to implent here? I don't want this stupid pressing, when 6 players meet opponent on the their half of the pitch.

How AI always avoid this pressing - he wait till my winger start to close down him - he make easy pass to MC which make fast pass to winger - winger run with ball or make pass to striker, what opens wide. AI always build attacks in this style vs my teams. And i cant stop it, because my team push so high.

I tried everything: i set closing down to EVERY player on 1 click (on slider). i set tackling to easy. i set team instruction: closing down - less. i use loose zonal marking. i use OI - close down - never vs opponent back 4.
I also use FMRTE to give my team 100/100 tactic familiarity. NOTHING. Same sh*t.

On screenshot above you can see, what i use 4-4-1-1. Strategy: standart, Team shape: Flexible; Zonal loose marking, light tackling, "stand off" shout. Looks like stand-off, right? :D

Here we play 4-4-1 (my amc got red card), same settings as i said before - stand off; zonal loose marking, OI-close down never vs opponent back 4. Tactic familiarity 100/100.

rzZx951.png

bravery and stupidity...

If anyone said, what you should use more defensive mentality... here we go: CONTAIN strategy

2rhhNnG.png

gCmZ2K3.png

Anyway, this is stupid, when you should play with contain mentality just to make your players meet opponents on your own half. Why? because it's restrict your players mentality - mentality = riscs.

To make my players meet opponent on my own half of the pitch i should drag my ML/R to WBL/R and my MCs to DMCs. This is insane. Can't enjoy this FM version anymore.

P.s: i have no question to my players, when opponent comes deep into our half of the pitch, they always track back! I have questions to their positions, when opponent build their attacks from deep, when their defenders got the ball near their penalty area. It looks like Match Engine limitation, because you can't stop your players to occupy opponent half of the pitch.

imo, 50% of success in this version - restrict the opponent GK a opportunity to make short pass to DL/R. Something with 3 strikers give you a lot of success in this. But for formations, what not use 3 strikers (99% of AI teams) this is a big downside.

----------

upd. I think problem relies from new "match prep" option, and tactic familiarity, because i dont have this issue in FM 10 (there is no tactic familiarity), and i have same issue in FM 12. If so, then FMRTE lies, or this is visual bug, when i set all "tactic familiarity" to 100/100 (and this is shown in game like 100/100), may be it isn't? Gonna make a test, i will create cautious tactic, what should logicaly work like i want (or closer to it), and will go for "holiday" untill January. I definitely ask my assistent to use this tactic, and "Tactic Familiarity" should grow "naturally" to something around 100. After this i will check how it work. If this is not a FMRTE fail, and team will play same sh*t, i just give up and roll back to FM 10.

same.

just compare with FM 10

jQ4nRGf.png

Default 4-4-2 without any tweaks. this is beautiful <3

Feels like FM 11, and other modern versions more depend from player morale, motivation, and maybe some mental attributes, and they override tactical plan/player instructions. I often notice, what my team after conceded goal start to play wider and more faster, also, if opponent got a red card i cant stop my players to go forward. Of course, this is very "realistic".

Last edited:
well, i'm barely beat this problem. Specific loose marking with some OI's help my team to keep the shape. But i tested it only with my 4-4-2 tactic.

Settings:

1. my ML/R specific mark opponent Wingers (ML/R or AML/R), but Tight Marking: NO. This is very important! You dont need from your winger to mark tightly opp.winger all 90 min, all this created only to fix their natural position in defending.

but if you think it's done, thats not. You need also

2. OIs: Close down - always vs opponent DL/R. Without this you just gave a lot of space to opposition FBs (because your winger mark opponent winger this time, and no one close down them, except maybe your most aggressive MC, what always bad). With this option my winger mark opp. winger, but if opp. FB got the ball - he start to close down him.

demonstration under the spoiler

here you can see how my defense looks like (i play 4-4-2 vs 4-4-1-1). My wingers #17 and #14 mark opp. wingers. My targetman (#20) marks opp. DLP, i like to do it because we have only 2 MC vs 3.

dm2ReQK.jpg

#27 makes pass to #8, and here my winger close down him like i set it into OIs.

Xvfscyc.jpg

#8 passed it to #7, but my winger instantly track back and cover him. Will he make it without specific marking? never! Thanks also my #6 for great positioning, Barcik cant make pass into the center between the lines

tK4jSz2.jpg

And he have only one option to do - hug the touchline and run as far as he can. My winger will pursue him.
Because my winger work vs opp. winger, my fulback on the same side are free from this duty and can cover space in our penalty area. Also did you see my #17? he also track back!

Hkx3Rzf.jpg

Barcik made cross, but my right winger easily intercept it. This is the key intercept.

oKZPJzl.jpg

Same thing from other wing, now my left winger made easy intercept.

lzV00sf.jpg

We have 7 players to defend vs crosses, player to fight for the 'second balls', and pacey striker upfront. Thats great.

pros:

+ 2 banks of 4, solid defensive shape.
+ crowded penalty area.
+ i love my wingers now
+ you can use it vs any type of formations, for example playing vs 4-3-1-2 ask your wingers to specific mark opp. MCL and MCR, and dont forget to close down:always vs his FBs.

cons:

- obvious, if your winger drop so deep he will contribute in attack far less. But they mostly very fast guys, and i dont see a problem in buildup and scoring, my wingers play very well.
- i tested it only with 4-4-2. I dont like formations with 1 striker, and idk how it will work with 4-1-2-2-1 for example.
- if you dont watch games at least on 'extended', you can miss what AI sometimes use 'swap position', what can broke everything. If you use specific marking - turn on 'opponent formation' to always know what your ML mark opponent MR. It's very easy and very useful.

thats how i play now and i enjoy my new defense <3

---------------------

upd. dat Specific marking, where a lot of bugs with it. For example on set pieces, especially on throw-ins, i conceded 2 from them just because my winger leave player what i ask from him to mark, and no one mark this guy, because when you set specific marking your other players dont mark this player. Maybe it is because i play with Zonal marking, gonna test it with Man marking.

upd. I have a big problems with 4-2-3-1 with my 4-4-2, but if i specific mark opponent MC with my wingers we play much better <3

Last edited:
thats very interesting - player specific mentality does not override team mentality.

What is mentality overall - player position on the pitch and amount of risk what player take when he made decision.

I used defensive strategy with default player instructions - my players played very cautious.
I used attacking strategy with default player instructions - my players played with high amount of risk.

And then i desided - what if I use attacking strategy but with players mentality at the same amount from defensive strategy? (same with closing down, width, tempo, time wasting, marking, roaming, passing style - all from defensive strategy).

With this setup my players take a lot of fast, risk decisions, like in default attacking strategy, but without the ball they track back like in defensive strategy.
From it I can conclude, what team mentality - it's how your team will play, how much risks they will take.
Player mentality - it's his position on the pitch (vertically). And here it's easier to understand what is Philosophy (or modern TEAM SHAPE).

Team shape - pattern of how your team will move together with or without ball. More rigid philosophy - more vertical space between players in this team shape (because more difference in player mentality), more fluid philosophy - lesser vertical space between players.

Gonna test it more, it's big discovery for me.