calvinbowler

Reaction score
just wanted to know if anyone has been involved in a take over ...........and what happened .. did you get cash injection etc.thoughts please

I had a takeover on my second season at Liverpool, an American bloke. My job was under threat in the press and when the bloke took over he sent me an email saying that he would evaluate my job in the next few days.

I got an email again after a week saying my job was safe and he gave me an extra 20 million for the January transfer window.

Since then I haven't heard anything from him, except for board requests from myself, etc. And he's given me around 50 Million every season and after every year the club have gone up in the richest clubs.

It all went cushty for me, but I'm sure some people will have a differant story to tell.

I've been taken over before now, and after having a good relationship with my last Chairman, I was relived of my position as he wanted to bring in another manager. =/

I'm having issues with a takeover - its like the hokey cokey. The guy buying is in out in out all the time, and thats been going on for 2 months. Thankfully I don't need to buy any players!!!

I had a proposed takeover when I was at Newcastle, it lasted through 2 transfer windows so I couldn't buy any players, only sell. I quit in the end, got too ****** off with yes, you guessed it, Mike Ashley.

I've been taken over before now, and after having a good relationship with my last Chairman, I was relived of my position as he wanted to bring in another manager. =/

Unlucky. Who did he bring in?

i was athlectico madrid did 1st season came 4th but end of seaon new chairman ha 40m to spend but got sacked as they wanted jaunde ramous

be care full when u get new board members

with FC United of Manchester I got a take-over but nothing really changed he guaranteed that my job was very safe. Finances however are a total disaster. The new bloke doesn't have too much money and since we've promoted several times i really need more salary to spend. I can't buy the good players, they want to come, but i can't offer them any worthy contracts. This is why I have not been able to promote to the championsship yet, although I'm in second place now with 7 matches to go.....

Im fulham and had takeover in the second season, get along well with the new owner who always seems pleased with my performance and has offered two further contract extensions.

He doesnt pump in huge money, just 3-4 million every now and then.

I keep my contact budget well under my allowance which always seems to keep the board happy with me.

He once stepped in and sold a player of mine for 14 million which annoyed me and i said so to the press, he hasnt done it again since...

Last edited:
I had 1 when i was sao paulo, it took forever!!!! The vice charmain wanted to buy out the current one as the current chairman thought he had taken the club as far as it could go but for like a whole season they couldnt agree a price. In the end i got a bit extra on top of my normal transfer budget(cant remember how much but it made a difference) THen i left because a newly promoted Crystal Palcae wanted me ood times

With birmingham the new chairman give me 10 million more and he start to build a new stadium, this with only 80M, because he sold St Andrews for 70M

the stadium capacity?

55.000, with under-soil heating and roof

with real madrid the new chairman took over and instead off increasing my transfer budget he decreased it and said i had to sell players and my squad was small as it was :mad:

i had one with liverpoo, and absolutely nothing changed lol
apart from the squad harmony shot up but i don't see how a new chairman can affect that :L

I had one with my rangers game. It went on for about 6months. When it eventually did the guy turned out to be an arab!! He cleared the debt, expanded the stadium and gave me a whopping transfer budget of 55million, it has slightly decreased each year because you dont win muchin scotland. but he plugs in a few million a few times a year. Never looked back since.

The only annoying thing is with that 55mill i bought akinfeev for about 24mill. After a year man u offered 30mill for him i negotiated and asked for 100mill (dreaming i know) they came back with 37mill and my board said it was too good to turn down!!

All in all good take over

thanks for the replys guys its been interesting reading all your storys ...

im in 1 now with fm-base f.c unable to buy or sign free players! for the last 3 months!**** at start of 2nd season!

Played with Liverpool and suddenly in the 2nd season a Malaysian tycoon took over and gave me 150m transfer for the season and I bought Kaka and Messi. The next season he gave me 120m transfer and I have no idea on who to buy again. Already got the best players on my team. The problem is I keep on losing to weaker teams.

i had 150m to spend with ac milan, then got tookover and only got 50m

I've often had takeovers but nothing happened. There's always another member of the club who takes over. Now I got interesting news about takeover: Here it is:

View attachment 4776