Taking Derby back to the big time...

April

Right at the business end of the season now, and we have a lot of tough fixtures to play...

Queens Park Rangers A
Ipswich Town H
Brighton and Hove Albion H
Millwall H
Sheffield Wednesday A
Bolton Wanderers H
Middlesbrough H

Queens Park Rangers 0 - 0 Derby County
MOTM - Danny Grainger

A decent performance against the league leaders that sees us move 3 points clear of Charlton in 7th with a game in hand. Play offs are look a real probability now, although we may have to do without the services of star centre half Shaun Barker, who went off with a sprained ankle and is expected to be out for around 5-6 weeks. I'm confident that Gjokaj can step up in his absence though.

View attachment 365824

Derby County 0 - 1 Ipswich Town
MOTM - Paul Coutts

How potentially damaging could this result be. It should've been a comfortable win, they were struggling against relegation and they looked like it. We dominated them. 16 shots, 62% possession, most of the game was played in their half. But they got to the second ball quicker after a corner and our fate was sealed. I hope we don't come to regret this at the end of the season.

View attachment 365825

Derby County 3 - 1 Brighton and Hove Albion
(Bryson, Sammon, Grainger)
MOTM - Craig Bryson

This certainly atones for the Ipswich result. We were good from start to finish, and Bryson ran the show in the midfield. Now we've played our game in hand - but we're 6 points clear of 7th place with 5 games remaining. Very optimistic of a play off spot now!

View attachment 365826

Danny Grainger sustained a twisted ankle in the Brighton game and will miss 3-4 weeks - but I'm not too worried about this, Freeman and Forsyth can cover left back between them.

Derby County 2 - 1 Millwall
(Russell, Abdou OG)
MOTM - Valentin Gjokaj

Millwall pushed us hard for the win today but we were worth it in the end. Gjokaj just keeps getting better and better at the back and Elliot Grandin had a good game down the right wing. Charlton matched our result but they're running out of games. Think a play off spot is all but secured now.

View attachment 365827

Sheffield Wednesday 4 - 1 Derby County
(McKay)
MOTM - Billy McKay

And just as things start going right, the team get overly complacent and perform downright awfully. There are no excuses possible for a performance quite that bad. The only positive is that Charlton lost as well, so we're still 6 points clear with 3 games to play. Apart from that, it was shocking. Definitely need to improve.

View attachment 365828

Ed Upson picks up a thigh strain and will be missing for 2 weeks.

Derby County 4 - 3 Bolton Wanderers
(Brayford, Hughes, McKay 2)
MOTM - Will Hughes

I'm sure it was a great game for the neutrals but I just can't watch when we're defending as badly as today! I'll bypass that and go straight to the attacking play though - wow. Hughes was phenomenal AGAIN today, and McKay matched my pre-season expectations of him with two goals to take his tally up to 21 for the season, 18 in the league, And the best thing is, with results elsewhere going our way, we secured ourselves a play off spot! A great achievement for us, although I'm not expecting us to win them.

View attachment 365829

In the wake of a great performance, I tied Will Hughes down until 2017, so he's here for the long haul!

Derby County 4 - 1 Middlesbrough
(Bennett 2, Gjokaj, Bryson)
MOTM - Mason Bennett

I'm so pleased for Bennett, who nets his first goals for the club with a brilliant display. That said though, we really were brilliant and MOTM could've gone to a number of them. Coutts was fantastic in the middle, Brayford notched up 2 assists from RB, Gjokaj and O'Brien were brilliant at the heart of the defence. If we play like this in the play offs we'll have a chance, great performance.

View attachment 365831

Player Of The Month

Wasn't really sure for this month, but I'll give it to midfielder Craig Bryson, who forced his way back into the side with a series of top displays, including two goals, culminating in a MOTM performance against Brighton and Hove Albion. Top player.

What a great month! Play off place is assured and there's still some outside chance of a go at the automatics with 1 game to go! Our final game is away to 5th placed Burnley…

View attachment 365833

Next update will include the season finale and squad/season review, hope you're enjoying it!

Can't wait to see what happens and your signings if you go up

Can't wait to see what happens and your signings if you go up

Cheers mate, the update for May will be up later tonight probably, summer signings will probably be done tomorrow though :)

May

Derby County offered me a new contract to stay on as manager, which I'm delighted to say I signed!

View attachment 365878

Burnley 3 - 1 Derby County
(McKay)
MOTM - Jeff Hendrick

We were better than the scoreline suggests. I knew we needed a win to stand any chance of going up automatically, but McKay missed an early penalty and then we conceded two stupid goals from silly mistakes. McKay got one back before half time and we went for broke in the second half. Freeman hit the post and then fluffed up the rebound, we had plenty of efforts and possession, but they broke away to seal the game late on. As it transpired, a win wouldn't have changed anything - we'd still be playing Burnley in the play off semi finals…

View attachment 365880

View attachment 365881

Derby County 1 - 0 Burnley - Play Off Semi Final First Leg
(Russell)
MOTM - Valentin Gjokaj

Get in! A great goal from Johnny Russell gives us the half time advantage. I had us playing a little deeper than in the previous defeat to counter their attacking pace on the counter and it paid off with a great defensive display. It could've been more comfortable too, McKay had a late effort come off the crossbar, while Hughes also hit in early in the second half with a thunderous free kick. Just need a similar performance in the second leg!

View attachment 365883

Burnley 3 - 3 Derby County - Play Off Semi Final Second Leg
(McKay 2, Upson)
MOTM - Billy McKay

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? Despite being given a right scare (especially when they came from 2-0 down to 2-2…), we prevailed and we're into the play off final! Another two strikes from Billy McKay are really helping him justify his hefty transfer fee, and I was pleased to see another summer signing, midfielder Ed Upson, come off the bench to net the crucial third - his first for the club.

View attachment 365884

We'll be playing Brighton and Hove Albion in the final…I'll do a special update for it!

Pre Match - Brighton leading scorer Leonardo Ulloa is missing through injury, which is a huge plus for Derby fans travelling to Wembley today. They'll be hoping their top goalscorer, Northern Irishman Billy McKay, will fire in the goals that will send the Rams back into the top flight. Brighton defeated Watford 4-2 over two legs to reach the final, whilst Derby overcame Burnley 4-3. With both teams appearing to be very goal friendly, we should be in for a cracker today!

View attachment 365904

View attachment 365905

0:00 - Kick Off.
12:00 - It's been a cagey start to say the least, and the yellow card comes out for the first time for Brighton midfielder Andrew Crofts.
27:00 - Goalmouth scramble! Ryan Shotton's long throw causes havoc in the Derby penalty area, with two shots blocked before it's finally hacked to safety. Let off there.
32:00 - Richard Keogh is penalised for a foul and becomes the first Derby player in the book.
45:00 - Cagey doesn't describe it. Tension builds!

45:01 - Second half kicks off.
52:00 - GOAL! Andrea Orlandi plays in Andrew Crofts down the left, and he makes it to the byline before pulling back for Ashley Barnes to tap home from close range.
61:00 - Double substitution for Derby, with Mason Bennett replacing Elliot Grandin on the right, and Ed Upson coming into the midfield for Craig Bryson.
66:00 - PENALTY TO DERBY! Mason Bennett makes an instant impact, weaving his way into the penalty area and being crudely upended by Liam Bridcutt…
67:00 - GOAL! Billy McKay steps up confidently and smashes in goal to the keeper's right hand side. Game on!
73:00 - GOAL! David Lopez receives the ball deep on the right hand side and advances quickly, going round Danny Grainger and beating him for pace before squeezing a low shot across Ross Turnbull and into the far corner.
78:00 - Derby make a change, Michael Jacobs on for Johnny Russell. Andrea Orlandi goes into the book.
81:00 - Derby full back Danny Grainger is forced off injured.
85:00 - Close! Billy McKay picks up a pass from Hendrick, wriggles past a few challenges and fires a low effort goalwards, but Kuszczak is equal to it and pushes it behind for a corner. Time running out…
93:00 - Full time!

Brighton and Hove Albion 2 - 1 Derby County

(McKay)
MOTM - Jeff Hendrick
Can hardly fault the players there, we were fairly evenly matched, we just didn't have enough in the tank, and Grainger going off injured when we had no substitutes was just cruel. Desperately unlucky, but we'll need to pick ourselves up and go for promotion again next year.

View attachment 365906

Next update will include squad analysis/season review, I'm too depressed to do it tonight! Haha, hope you guys are enjoying it!

Last edited:
Aw so unlucky! Get a few new faces in try keep McKay and your other star players and Will Hughes will be even better for you next season

Very unfortunate, next year will be yours! Keep it up, enjoying the realistic approach with the signing and set up.

Season Review

We were so close! But the board had only wanted a top half finish, so for us to make the play offs was an achievement in itself. Here's a screenshot of the Derby County first team squad listed by average rating:

View attachment 366024

A lot of players in there with really good ratings - Barker tops the lot with a brilliant 7.91, while youngsters Gjokaj and Hughes come in at 7.43 and 7.35 respectively.

From the youngsters out on loan, Lelan and Naylor have been impressing for Coventry, and Callum Ball smashed in 20 at League One Sheffield United! Full back Michael Hoganson doesn't look like he progressed much - it's really a make or break season for him now...

Squad Analysis

Goalkeepers

Lee Grant

Grant barely played for me last season because Turnbull quickly established himself as first choice with a series of fine displays. Grant could be decent back up but he's on fairly high wages and I'm sure I can find someone else/loan in a keeper. Will be sold to raise funds.

View attachment 366026

Ross Turnbull

Ross will remain at Derby as the club's number one, barring a stupendous offer. He had a decent season on the whole and improved a fair bit as a keeper. I think he'd even make decent back up if we get promoted, so he'll be staying for the time being.

View attachment 366027

Defenders

Richard Keogh

Keogh had a brilliant season operating at centre half. He showed marked improvements in his marking (up 12 from 10!), and put in a series of solid performances. His physical attributes look good, he's entering his prime and I expect similar performances from him again next season.

View attachment 366028

Mark O'Brien

I threw the youngster in at the deep end this season, but he definitely didn't sink! Huge improvements from him as he played 25 times. He was always going to struggle to break up the Barker/Keogh partnership, but if he keeps progressing at this rate it won't be long at all. A new contract for him is a priority for summer.

View attachment 366029

Josh Lelan

Fresh from a recent loan spell at League One Coventry, Josh Lelan is another who has made huge improvements during the season. The centre half looks like he's worthy of some game time for us now - but with the competition at centre half I may send him out on loan once more. Out of contract at the end of next season, but a new contract is imminent.

View attachment 366030

Kieron Freeman

Yet another youngster who improved exponentially is Freeman. He proved his worth to the team with his familiarity in both full back positions, put in consistent decent displays and even signed a new contract with us. If he carries on improving his Anticipation, Marking and Tackling, he will really start to look like a good Championship full back.

View attachment 366032

John Brayford

The club's star full back, John is Premier League level. He's brilliant across the board, with especially impressive physical attributes. An average rating of 7.23 is good for a full back, and barring a huge bid over summer, he'll start the season as my first choice RB again.

View attachment 366037

Tom Naylor

I still haven't quite made my mind up about Tom. The team is definitely overflowing with centre halves, but I'm not sure if Naylor will be one of the ones staying or not. He is still just 21, with great physical attributes and good technical ones, but his mental attributes, for the most part, are fairly average. Did well out on loan at Coventry, and perhaps that's his level. I'll probably decide during pre-season!

View attachment 365988

Danny Grainger

A bit of a topsy-turvy season for the full back. Began the season as my first choice LB, but was ultimately dropped with a series of poor performances. He managed to fight his way back into the picture and ended the season with a couple of decent performances. I could maybe keep as back up, but I have just tied up a deal to bring another left back to the club, so he may be deemed surplus to requirements...

View attachment 365989

Shaun Barker

Club captain and best defender. His attributes haven't started to deteriorate just yet, but he is 30 and has a bad injury record. With huge wages (£15k p/w) and a decent transfer value (£2.2m) I am really tempted to sell him this season. I feel Gjokaj is ready to step up in his absence and I could really do with the money to improve other areas of the squad...any advice on what to do guys?!

View attachment 365990

Valentin Gjokaj

The swiss youngster proved himself last season, making 27 appearances with an average rating of 7.43. He showed big improvements as a footballer, and even signed a new contract to boot! Still only 19, but I think he's ready for a more prominent role in the first team next season.

View attachment 365991

Craig Forsyth

Craig did well at left back in patches last season, but he just isn't a full back unfortunately. With a new left back joining, Forsyth will definitely be sold. Hopefully I can get around 500-600k for him to reinvest in the first team.

View attachment 365992

Michael Hoganson

I sent the youngster out on loan to League 2 Fleetwood last season, and he did okay there, helping them win the League 2 title. But it doesn't look at though he progressed very much as a footballer, and I don't think he's going to be ready for first team football here. Will probably go out on loan again to a League 1 side and I'll re-evaluate at a later date.

View attachment 365993

Midfielders

Paul Coutts

Coutts was excellent last season, and has made a lot of improvements too. He's a good playmaker, but I would like to see more end product from him - just one goal and seven assists. Still just 24 though, so he'll have a big role to play again next season.

View attachment 365996

Michael Jacobs

Jacobs improved astronomically as a footballer last season, and just looks like he's going to get better and better! He really stepped up to the plate in Ward's absence, chipping in with 6 goals and 9 assists. I'm expecting him to continue his improvement and come back even better next season.

View attachment 365997

Ed Upson

Ed joined from fellow Championship side Yeovil on the eve of the season and did okay in his first year here. He keeps the ball well and passes wisely (Passing rate 89%) and is pretty handy in the tackle (79% of attempted tackles were successful) but he still seems like he's holding back in a sense. Just 1 goal and 1 assist is something to work on, and I'm hoping he improves a bit more next season.

View attachment 365998

Jeff Hendrick

Jeff improved a phenomenal amount last season. Physically he has to be one of the best midfielders in the league, and if he improves on his first touch and technique, we could have a really special talent on our hands here. As a box to box midfielder, 3 goals isn't a great return and that's definitely something to work on, but I'm really pleased with his efforts this season.

View attachment 365999

Arnor Smarason

Bought in purely as cover, I didn't really expect great things from him, and lo and behold, he was average. He did chip in with 5 assists, which I'm grateful for, but he's just not really good enough. Will be sold, hopefully for around £500k would be nice.

View attachment 366000

Elliot Grandin

His impact last season was limited, due to injuries and him leaving for the ACON midway through the season. He is on a fair wage (I probably offered too much...) so if a decent offer for him comes in I might have to take it, but otherwise he'll be here next season. 4 goals and 7 assists from the midfielder is a decent return from a stop-start season, but I'd like to see even more from him next season.

View attachment 366002

Craig Bryson

Craig put in a decent shift last season, with 3 goals and 9 assists from central midfield. He's an excellent player at this level, and his work rate is phenomenal. He covers a huge 13.8 kilometres a game on average - second only to Jeff Hendrick's 13.9km in the entire championship. Bryson will definitely be staying again this season, he's a vital part of the Derby team and I expect big things from Bryson again next year.

View attachment 366003

Will Hughes

The star and fulcrum of my midfield, Hughes scored 14 goals and made 11 more with some truly fantastic performances last season. He won the Championship Young Player of the Year award, signed a new long term contract and finished as our second highest goalscorer - and he's still only 18! Another season like that and we'll stand a good chance of making the play offs once more, great season. There is no way I'm letting him go, no matter what the transfer fee.

View attachment 366006

Jamie Ward

Ever wanted to know what 7 months out of action does to a player's career? Well, look at the screenshot. Jamie's attributes have deteriorated massively because of his injuries. As much as I'd love to have a fully fit and firing Ward at the club, he's too injury prone and he's no good to me if he's constantly injured. I will be selling him, although I don't expect to get near his full transfer value of £2.7m.

View attachment 366007

Forwards

Mason Bennett

Often utilised on the right hand side due to injuries, Mason really came to the fore last season with some great performances. He has pace to burn and improved a **** of a lot. A relatively high average rating - 7.06 - would suggest that, even as a 16 year old, he doesn't look out of place! I was delighted for him to grab those two goals at Middlesbrough and I think he'll get even better next season.

View attachment 366008

Johnny Russell

Johnny was another forward who I often used wide right or left, but Johnny seems suited to playing wide. 11 goals, 6 assists and an average rating of 7.04 is a decent start, but I want to see more from the Scottish attacker. He's still only 23, signed a new contract extension during the season and has shown a big improvement in his attributes. Can't wait for next season with him!

View attachment 366009

Chris Martin

True to my word, Martin didn't play at all after the red card at Birmingham for diving. He will be sold. I never really found out how to get the best out of him anyway, and 2 of his 4 goals were penalties. We won't miss him much, I just hope we can get a decent fee for his services.

View attachment 366010

Billy McKay

The club's star striker without a doubt. McKay smashed in 25 goals in 46 games to finish as Derby County's top goalscorer. He's still only 24, on fairly low wages and tied down to a long term contract, so there's no way I'm letting him leave, he really is a crucial part in this team. Another 25 goals next season would be wonderful!

View attachment 366011

Callum Ball

Callum enjoyed his time out on loan in League 1 with Sheffield United, scoring 20 goals in 48 appearances. He looks like he's shown improvement as a player in that time, and is physically very imposing. I will definitely be giving him a chance in pre-season, he'd give me another dimension in attack as he's so markedly different to Billy McKay. It pretty much is a make or break season for him now though.

View attachment 366012

Conor Sammon

Like Jamie Ward, Sammon has suffered a major deterioration in his attributes. I'm not really sure why as he wasn't injured that much, but it doesn't really matter because I'm selling him anyway. 6 goals in 27 games just isn't good enough unfortunately, I expected at least double figures. He's supposedly worth £2m - if I get half that I'll be delighted!

View attachment 366015

All in all, a good season from the lads. A few will be sold and there are youngsters chomping at the bit waiting for a first team chance. I await the board's transfer and wage budgets before deciding on some of their futures though...

Next update will include summer transfers and pre season!

Last edited:
Lovely story so far, so sad it went wrong with the playoff match.

Seems like something went wrong with the pictures for the upcoming season etc.

/Frank

Lovely story so far, so sad it went wrong with the playoff match.

Seems like something went wrong with the pictures for the upcoming season etc.

/Frank

Thanks mate, hopefully things will go right next season!

Yeah I'm not sure what happened, the links work but the picture should show up...I'll see if i can change it

Good season so unlucky in the play offs though :) some good signings to push you forward :)

Transfer Window

Busy transfer window so far! I set about clearing out some of the dead wood and signing some young, talented football league stars. In actuality I've probably signed too many attackers now, but killing teams off was a problem last year so I'm hopeful these new signings will help me kill teams off :) and hey, a bit of competition never hurt anyone!

The board weren't very generous, although a transfer budget of £450k and a decent wage budget of £178,000 was a good start, plus I could sell a few players to add to this.

OUT:-

Conor Sammon - Crystal Palace, £1.6m
Jamie Ward - Huddersfield, £600k
Danny Grainger - Dundee United, £700k
Craig Forsyth - Hibernian, £650k
Chris Martin - Birmingham, £1.1m
Josh Lelan - Stevenage, Season Long Loan
Luke Adams, Released
Tom Naylor - Blackpool, 450k
Kwame Thomas - MK Dons, Season Long Loan
Arnor Smarason - RB Leipzig, £400k
Lee Grant - Brighton, £650k

Total - £6.15m

No real surprises here. Sammon, Ward, Grant, Smarason and Martin all left like I said they would, as did Forsyth. Amazed I got over a million for Sammon, even if half of it is in add ons. We did well to get that much for Jamie Ward as well, and on the whole I'm pretty pleased with it. Grainger left because I signed two full backs I liked slightly more. Lelan leaves on another loan deal, but he'll definitely be challenging next season for sure. Kwame Thomas also leaves on loan, and if he grabs a few goals he'll definitely be in with a shout for first team football soon! Adams was released because he was pretty useless. Tom Naylor could've been kept really, but there's too much competition at CB and the players I have already are all better.

Now to the more exciting stuff…the new signings! I followed the model I outlined at the beginning of the story - exciting, home grown, young football league talent.

IN:-

Ryan McGivern, Hibernian - Free
Scott Robinson, Hearts - Free
Johnathan Bond - Free
Harry Forrester - Free
Rory McKeown, Kilmarnock - £350k
Paddy Madden, Yeovil - £1.1m
Jose Baxter, Oldham - £950k
Max Power, Tranmere - £1.5m

Total - £3.9m

Again, I may have overspent on a few…but I had the money, it's fine! :)
Ryan McGivern and I shook hands days after the play off final and will challenge another new signing, Rory McKeown, for the left back spot. Both are young and have room to improve, and I'm hoping both can flourish here. McGivern is more of an old school, no nonsense full back, while McKeown is technically better and physically good.

View attachment 366075View attachment 366076

Scott Robinson was signed back in January and will provide extra quality and competition in the centre of midfield. We struggled with injuries at time last season and I think having a bigger squad will help counter that. I was planning on loaning him out for 6 months, but he's improved since January and I think he'll be ready for the Championship. Still only 21!

View attachment 366078

Bond was surprisingly released by Watford and I snapped him up quickly. Has the potential to be better than Turnbull and I'm really pleased to have him on board, I feel if he progresses well he could easily become a Premier League goalkeeper.

View attachment 366079

Forrester refused to sign a new contract at Doncaster and they eventually released him, allowing me to snap him up without even having to pay compensation! I probably offered him too much in wages but other clubs were sniffing around and I really wanted him. He'll give me extra versatility across the front line and extra cover, in addition to his obvious quality. Another good addition.

View attachment 366080

Paddy Madden joins from recently relegated Yeovil. He netted 23 times for them last year and I needed another striker to help Billy McKay. I'll be happy if he hits 15-20 for me this year. He has real pace, he's young, a real work horse and a good finisher to boot. And he's on pretty low wages. Really pleased he was transfer listed, great player!

View attachment 366081

Jose Baxter joins from another recently relegated side, Oldham. Far too good for League 1, let alone League 2, Oldham reluctantly transfer listed Baxter for a meagre sum of £950k. I reacted quickly to bring him in. Able to play in behind the striker or as the central striker himself, Baxter has awesome technical and mental attributes, even if his physicals are lacking a bit. He will compete with WIll Hughes for the AM berth and I'm hoping for good things from the youngster!

View attachment 366082

The final signing was also transfer listed, after Tranmere failed in the League 1 play offs. Max Power scored 9 goals and made another 10 for them in a successful season and I managed to prise him away for £1.5m. He has the potential to be a quality Premier League player and is comfortable in the centre of midfield, behind the striker or wide on the right, which is where I plan to utilise him. He's fairly quick and strong, technically good, very strong defensively and still just 19! Definitely overspent on him but I'm hoping the money spent will be worth it in the end.

View attachment 366083

What do you think of the transfers, good or bad? Let me know!

Next update will include the results of pre-season :)

Forester is a great signing play him on the left as inside forward

Forester is a great signing play him on the left as inside forward

I'll definitely try him there in pre-season, but I have Jacobs and Russell who can both play on the left as well, so he's got a lot of competition! Makes a change having lots of options in attack, I'm even thinking I may have to sell Grandin to create some more space in the squad...

Good signings liking the path you are going with the story of young lads building a dynasty. Surprised to see no regens in your summer signings though!

Good signings liking the path you are going with the story of young lads building a dynasty. Surprised to see no regens in your summer signings though!

Cheers mate! Yeah I'm planning on using most of my youth team regens, there's some real talent in there already!

Pre-Season

Derby County 8 - 0 Berkhampstead

(Forrester 2, Madden, Aneke OG, McKay 3, Robinson)
MOTM - Billy McKay
Easy start to pre-season against poor opposition. Still, you can only beat what's in front of you and we annihilated them. Good start for the new signings and we're getting our fitness levels up.

View attachment 366113

Derby County 0 - 2 St Pat's Athletic
MOTM - Mark O'Brien
Poor display. I had essentially my back up team out there, but we were still poor. It's mainly about the fitness levels though so I'll overlook this!

View attachment 366114

Rocester 1 - 6 Derby County
(Bryson, McKay, Russell, Coutts, Baxter, Keogh)
MOTM - Max Power
Angry at conceding, but other than that, another decent performance. Max Power was brilliant with 3 assists and there's goals coming in from all over the pitch.

View attachment 366115

Peterborough NS 0 - 6 Derby County
(O'Brien 2, Forrester, Ball, Baxter, McKay)
MOTM - Mark O'Brien
Pretty simple game, but another good pre-season performance. I'm only concerned about their fitness and if we can score a few goals to, that's good enough for me. Ball grabbed a goal, I'm hopeful he can challenge for a place in the first team this season.

View attachment 366116

Mansfield Town 1 - 3 Derby County
(Jacobs, Ball, Bennett)
MOTM - Michael Jacobs
A win rounds off pre-season even if the performance wasn't the best. It's good enough though and we go into the season hopeful of another play off charge!

View attachment 366117

I've tied up a lot of contracts for players with 2 years left, including Mark O'Brien, Richard Keogh, Michael Jacobs and Paul Coutts, but Jeff Hendrick is insisting on close to £20,000 a week and the Match Highest Earner clause, which I'm reluctant to give him. I'm hoping he'll drop his demands throughout the season…

August Fixtures

Bolton Wanderers H
Milton Keynes Dons H (Capital One Cup First Round)
Sheffield Wednesday A
Wolverhampton Wanderers H
Leicester City A
Peterborough United A

So it's a tough start but I'm hopeful of at least 9 points!

Next update will include August and September results, hope you're enjoying!​