Taking on the Old Firm - A Partick Thistle Story

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 272435

Partick Thistle are a club located in Maryhill, Glasgow & I intend to battle it out and one day overtake the old firm and be the dominant force in Glasgow & Scottish Football. COME ON THE JAGS.

View attachment 272436

Predicted to finish 6th in the league which is a top half finish, Hopefully I can get up to 4th and push for a good cup run.

View attachment 272434

Pre-Season didn't start to great however we picked up the tactics and managed a lot of victorys just a pity we lost our last match before the league opener especially as it's a tough one for my first game as we take on league champions Celtic at Celtic Park bring it on.

Good luck with this mate. Always been tempted to do a Partick Thistle story, so will be following with interest.

Good luck! I'm currently doing a Celtic save so it will be good to see someone else doing a Scottish premiership team!

Thanks, just thought id try something different. Heres hoping its a success, wont be loads of regular updates but hopefully i can get far.

Interested to see how you get on im doing an Inverness save and Partick have been one of the best teams so far along with Celtic

Thanks Cool I always have a look at your stories! I was surprised at how high of an expectation I had to be honest but I believe it is achieveable I'm looking forward to cracking on with the save when I get the chance which is only at night for a short time lol.

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 272096

AUGUST

View attachment 272094

A very pleasing performance in our first league match of the season and our first match against a member of the Old Firm, We took the lead but couldn't hold off, A very pleasing match at Celtic Park hopefully we can take them at Firhill!

View attachment 272093

3 Wins and 2 draws is a great start to the month considering we had to play at Celtic Park & Pittodrie, The 5-1 win over Dundee was extremely pleasing aswell ats Dens is always a tough place to go, Hopefully we can keep this up and really challenge for a top 3/4 finish.

View attachment 272091

Sitting in 5th however we have gotten our game against Celtic at Parkhead out the way so a good run of games next month could move us up the table, Nice to see a couple of our players in the top stats with Lyle Taylor on 3 goals and Gary Fraser on 3 Assists.

View attachment 272092

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 842134

SEPTEMBER

View attachment 271448

A terrific victory as we held onto a 2 goal lead after 2 players got sent off, Bannigan saw his 2nd yellow right on half time and Osman was about to be subbed to stop him from getting sent off as he saw a 2nd yellow. Good 3 points to hold onto though proud of the 9 men who finished the game.

View attachment 271447

Pleased to have set a new record and a new high standard at the club in which we will aim to improve and better.

View attachment 271446

Bannigan repaid the faith I shown in him by not dropping him after being sent off as he scored a double to help knock Ross County out of the cup and send us into the QTR Final to face Aberdeen. Lyle Taylor was on fine form again for us as he scored 5 goals this month and only played in 3 games as we win 4 out of 4 for the month which is very satisfying.

View attachment 271445

Sitting 2nd in the league 1 point behind Celtic is a great start to the season especially as our striker leads all the stats in terms of Goals (8), Avg Rating & Assists as he proves to be a crucial part of our team as I hope he stays fit because I believe he can bag 20 this season.

View attachment 271444

View attachment 271443

Two of our stars come in before and after a Barcelona player which shows great quality in our squad at the moment, Lyle Taylor fully deserved his award after his performances of late & Christie Elliott has been outstanding too.

Last edited:
Taking on The Old Firm

View attachment 271060

OCTOBER

View attachment 271059

Horrid game as we lost without a fight which was disappointing as we let ourselves and the fans down.

View attachment 271058

We went ever league match still unbeaten as the season goes on we are smashing expectations, Unfortunately we lost the last of the month in the cup against Aberdeen so hopefully we can just dismiss it and carry on performing.

View attachment 271057

Played an extra game before I took SS, Lyle Taylor only scored twice this month and went on a little goal drought, Hopefully he can find his shooting boots again after I drop him for a match to see how he responds. Still sitting in 2nd which is great as we are still above what is expected and quite comfortably at the moment 5 points clear of Dundee United.

View attachment 271056

12 Games unbeaten before it was ended by Aberdeen but hey can't win them all another record broken anyway.

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 270268

NOVEMBER

View attachment 270267

Suppose not losing to Aberdeen was a good result although we lead and dominated for most of the game it just wasn't to be.

View attachment 270263

Not a good month for the club as we lost our first 2 games of the month before drawing with Aberdeen, Thankfully we restored a bit of pride beating East Fife however we need to try pick up our form or we will quickly drop down that table. Was good to see Lawless score in every game this month without Lyle Taylor.

View attachment 270262

Lyle Taylor picked up an injury forcing him out for 2 months, The leagues top scorer will hope to get back as soon as possible to continue his fine form (hopefully)

View attachment 270261

Ciftci overtakes Taylor in the goalscoring charts however I'm still proud of our players for being in those stats, We still sit 2nd 2 points ahead of Dundee United but need to pick up our form if we want to stay there.

View attachment 270260

Paul Hartley was sacked from Dundee, Good chance Alan Archibald could take the job and come up against us this season.

View attachment 270259

Either Celtic or Dumbarton in the 5th round of cup which will prove a tricky task should Celtic overcome Dumbarton like we expect.

View attachment 270258

Please Like, Comment & Leave Feedback if you are reading :) Thank You.

Superb start mate, hard luck losing Lyle Taylor to injury. Always the way though, that you get an injury to your best player, especially when she's your main threat. Keep up the good work. :)

Superb start mate, hard luck losing Lyle Taylor to injury. Always the way though, that you get an injury to your best player, especially when she's your main threat. Keep up the good work. :)

Yeah I know, TBH though it may have came at a good time because he was going through a goal drought so hopefully his confidence won't be dented & it's giving me a chance to try out other strikers who were becoming unhappy.

Doolan gets loads of goals on my Inverness save whats he like for you? he got 31 goals in 40 games first season and then moved to Aberdeen for £600k

because of taylors form he hasn't really had a decent run in the side when he has played he has scored a couple though now that taylors injured Him & McDonald will get more chances.

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 269789

December

View attachment 269788

A fantastic Result although it was against bottom placed Dundee, Scott McDonald bagged his first league goals for the club scoring a hat-trick, Alan Archibald the ex Thistle manager returned to Firhill for the first time as manager of Dundee.

View attachment 269787

W
e seem to be blowing hot and cold as we now struggle to find consistency in our results, 2 wins and 2 defeats to end the year isn't so bad but would have preferred a win going into the new year.

View attachment 269786

To be sitting 2nd in the league after Christmas is any Partick Thistle managers dream! I would have taken your hand off for this at the start of the season lets see where we end up at the end.

View attachment 269785

Good luck to the ex Thistle manager as he has a hard task of saving Dundee from relegation.

View attachment 269784

View attachment 269783

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 267928

January

View attachment 267927

Lyle Taylor returns to full training after a lengthy spell out, Hopefully he can return to match fitness and begin banging in the goals again.

View attachment 267918

O'Donnell will be officially leaving us at the end us at the end of the season after rejecting a contract and signing a pre-contract with Wolves, Good luck to him but hopefully he will put everything into his last season at the club.

View attachment 267919

Middlesborough offered a whopping offer for Higginbotham as we accept a bid for £875k with it rising to £1.1million in the future, A great offer for the player who wasn't getting much first team football for us although he is a great talent & we wish him all the best.

View attachment 267917

Jackie McNamara was the latest casualty in the managerial front as he lost his job at Dundee United.

View attachment 267923

New summer Signing Scott McDonald joins Young Boys after being told he wouldn't be starting as much as he'd like, Thistle recieve £100k for the free signing at the beginning of the season.

View attachment 267914

Paul Hartley was announced new manager of Hamilton just before they played against us, Thankfully we gave him his first defeat as manager although they took the lead.

View attachment 267922

Montpellier announce link with the club which will allow Thistle to gain more revenue and hopefully bring in some young stars on loan to help bolster the squad.

View attachment 267913

The Highlight had to be the game against Celtic as we put in another great performance, We lead until the 82nd minute when Kris Commons scored an unstoppable wondershot letting Celtic take a point from the game but still very proud of our performances against them so far.

View attachment 267920

A great month for us although we lost the last game to struggling Killie, A great draw against Celtic at the start of the month set us on a good path although we should have picked up more wins than we did but can't complain about a 5 match unbeaten run as consistency set in once again.

View attachment 267912

Taylor sits only 3 goals behind the leagues top scorers now considering he hasn't played in a few month thats good, All our other players drop out the rankings but we still sit 2nd in the league and have hit that magic 40 point mark to ensure league safety. Celtic sit comfortably at the top as expected.

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 267506

February

View attachment 267505

Taylor has went on a right goal drought and especially since his previous injury hasn't really found his form again, 3 weeks without our top scorer again.

View attachment 267504

Once again we ran Celtic close as they beat us in the Scottish Cup for the third time this season we performed admirably against them.

View attachment 267503

We only won one game out of 4 which isn't exactly great however the only defeat we had was again to Celtic & came in the cup competition (one stage before we were predicted to go out), Draws against St Mirren & Dundee were very poor and we expected to win them games so that's disappointing.

View attachment 267501

The table shows us back in 2nd place again as we are level on points with Aberdeen once more, Lyle Taylor vanishes from the scoring charts and we have one player in Fraser in the top 4 of the average ratings charts which is good for him.

View attachment 267500

Please like, comment & leave feedback. Thanks.

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 267414

MARCH

View attachment 267413

Baraclough is the latest casualty in the managerial department as Motherwell attempt to mix it up to stay in the division.

View attachment 267411

Not the news any manager wants to hear is their transfer in revenue has been cut.

View attachment 267410

A cracking result against a tough Dundee United side absolutely destroying them at home making it the best match of the month easily.

View attachment 267408

A great month of results as we pick up 6 out of 9 available points against 3 very good sides especially Inverness who are up the table, Unfortunately we lost a bit of ground losing to St Johnstone but overall pleased however next month is a very tricky month indeed before the split.

View attachment 267407

To be sitting 3rd behind Celtic & Aberdeen at this late stage in the season is outstanding and I will take that anyday, Hopefully we can keep up the results challenging Aberdeen for 2nd and at least remain 3rd come the end of the season which would make a great achievement for the club!

View attachment 267406

Taking on the Old Firm

View attachment 266852

APRIL

View attachment 266851

Absolute crazy move from Neilson as Motherwell could go down & Hearts sit 1st in the Championship comfortably 5 points clear, Surely Neilson is playing an April Fools joke ?

View attachment 266850

Our highlight game of the month must be the Aberdeen game at Pittodrie as we managed to grab a 1-1 draw against the Dons thanks to a goal from sub Sean Welsh scoring his first of the season.

View attachment 266849

Finally Celtic trumped us with an easy win to help them win the league, I don't know if its a relief to be beaten by Celtic and not deserved something from the game as craxy at it sounds, A good point against Aberdeen though as we try stay as close to them as possible.

View attachment 266848

Celtic only needed a point against us but hammering us guaranteed them to be league champions again making it 4 in a row.

View attachment 266847

Taylor has admitted he is worried about his goal drought having gone 12 hours without a goal. Hopefully they will come soon after his great start to the season.

View attachment 266846

Sitting third but level on points with Aberdeen before the league splits meaning we now have 5 games remaining against St Mirren, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Aberdeen & Celtic. Hopefully we can pick up some results and remain in 3rd or move up to second.

View attachment 266845