• Qualify for European football
  • Strong cup run
  • Consolidate top 6
SEASON TARGETS 3&4

• Challenge top 4
  • Champions League last 16
  • Finish above Juventus
  • Have 5 or more players in Italy Squad for 2018
(I will be adopting a point of view and Commentary based approach taken on the character of Fabio Cannavaro one of the greatest defenders in the Italian game and maybe even the world.)

CLUB BACKGROUND

Torino Football Club , commonly referred to as Torino or simply Toro, is a professional Italian football club based in Turin, Piedmont, that plays in Serie A.
Founded as Foot-Ball Club Torino in 1906, Torino are among the most successful clubs in Italy with seven league titles, including five consecutive league titles (a record tied with Juventus and Internazionale) at the time of the Grande Torino, widely recognised as one of the strongest teams of the 1940s. That entire team was killed in the 1949 Superga air disaster. They have also won the Coppa Italia five times, the last of which was in the 1992–93 season. Internationally, Torino won theMitropa Cup in 1991 and were finalists in the UEFA Cup in 1991–92.
Torino disputes all of its home games at the Stadio Olimpico (also known as the Stadio Comunale "Vittorio Pozzo" until 2006). The club's colour is maroon while its symbol is a rampant bull, hence the nickname "il Toro" (The Bull). In the perpetual ranking of Serie A, which takes into account all the clubs that have played in the top flight at least once

FABIO CANNAVARO BACKGROUND

View attachment 196449

Full name Fabio Cannavaro
Date of birth 13 September 1973 (age 42)
Place of birth Naples, Italy
Height 1.76 m (5 ft 9 in)
Playing position Centre-back

1992–1995 Napoli
1995–2002 Parma
2002–2004 Internazionale
2004–2006 Juventus
2006–2009 Real Madrid
2009–2010 Juventus
2010–2011 Al-Ahli

National team
1993–1996 Italy U21
1997–2010 Italy 136 caps

Teams managed
2013–2014 Al-Ahli (assistant)
2014–2015 Guangzhou Evergrande
2015– Al-Nassr

Honours
Parma
UEFA Cup : 1998–99
Coppa Italia : 1998–99, 2001–02
Supercoppa Italiana : 1999
Real Madrid
La Liga : 2006–07, 2007–08
Supercopa de España : 2008
Italy
UEFA Under-21 European Championship : 1994, 1996
UEFA European Football Championship: Runner-up: 2000
FIFA World Cup : 2006
Individual
UEFA Under-21 Championship Golden Player: 1996
UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament: 2000
FIFA World Player of the Year: 2006
Ballon d'Or: 2006
2006 FIFA World Cup: Silver Ball
2006 FIFA World Cup: Team of the Tournament
World Soccer (magazine) Player of the Year: 2006
Serie A Footballer of the Year: 2006
Serie A Italian Footballer of the Year: 2006
Serie A Defender of the Year (2): 2005, 2006
UEFA Team of the Year: 2006
ESM Team of the Year: 2004–05
FIFPro World XI (2): 2006, 2007
Italian Football Hall of Fame: 2014

*Next update will contain Press conference and squad update

View attachment 196374

View attachment 196373

"We are delighted to announce the forward thinking appointment of Italian legend Fabio Cannavaro as head coach today" "Fabio is a national hero and has been earning his stripes across the globe working in some difficult environments and presenting his idea's to players through an interpreter, His spells with Al-Ahli and Guangzhou Evergrande gave us an idea of his commitment to his future in management through taking these difficult tasks"

"We wanted to instill a leader who players would respect and want to work with - That is Fabio , He meet all our criteria and has bought into our idea's. We Believe this club can be the Italian force of old and we will not stop until we can give no more to give the great fans of Torino what they deserve."

View attachment 196371

"I am delighted to take this project on board , Torino is a club with fantastic traditions and has been at the top as well as the bottom , I believe that you can't be great unless you have overcome adversity and all you have to do is look at the story of Grande Torino and that is the soul of this club"

"I have been set targets that I can and will Achieve, I have asked the board to support me with some finance to bring in some of my own staff and players and that is what I will be working towards over the next few weeks."

"I know the fans will have some challenges with my history being at Juventus but I can assure you that was business just like everyone else Money is a driver but my driver here is legacy!"

View attachment 196336

CURRENT SQUAD :

KEY PLAYERS :

View attachment 196335
DANIELE PADELLI

On 29 May 2013 Padelli was signed by Torino on a free transfer, where, due to the suspension of Gillet, he was a starter. He debuted in the third round of Coppa Italia and conceded twice in a 1–2 loss to Pescara. Padelli played in every match of the 2013–14 season, which concluded with Torino's qualification to the Europa League, collecting 38 appearances.He was awarded the goalkeeping revelation of the season at the Italian Sport Awards on 21 May 2014.[He made his official debut in European competition for Torino during the third round of the 2014–15 Europa League against Sweden's Brommapojkarna.

"Daniele is a fantastic player and someone I have faith in to be our number one for the next few years , at 30 he has the perfect amount of experience and knows this league well."

KAMIL GLIK

View attachment 196334On 12 July 2011, after having already supported Torino's training camp, he transferred to Turin, in Serie B, for €300,000.
He made his debut on 13 August in Torino Lumezzane, (1–0) in the second round of Coppa Italia, played as a starter. He scored his first goal in the 34th round, in the match Torino Reggina, later suspended due to bad weather(the conclusion of the game did not change the result). At the end of the season he was promoted to Serie A, having played 23 games in the league (with 2 goals) and one in Coppa Italia.
On 31 October 2012 he scored his first goal in Serie A in the tenth day of the league away to Lazio, opening the scoring with a header following a corner. The match finished 1–1. He played his first derby in the 2012–13 season, collecting two appearances and as many expulsions (the first player in the history of the league to be sent-off in both legs of a derby) and became an idol of the Torino fans.On 20 June, Torino acquired his remaining contract from Palermo for a fee of €1.5 million, resolving the co-ownership.
For the 2013–14 season Glik was appointed captain of the team after the departure of Rolando Bianchi. On 9 December 2013 he scored the winning goal, 1–0, against Lazio, in Turin. He ended the season with 34 league appearances – which concluded with Torino's qualification to the UEFA Europa League after Parma failed to obtain a UEFA license – and two goals, plus an appearance in the Coppa Italia. On 25 May 2014 he renewed his contract until 2017.
On 31 July 2014, he made his debut with the Granata in international competition, playing the first leg of the third qualifying round of theUEFA Europa League, won 3–0 against the Swedes Brommapojkarna. On 24 September 2014, during an away fixture against Cagliari, he scored the momentary 1–1 in his hundredth game for Torino; Torino would win the match against the Sardinians 2–1.
On 21 December 2014 at the Stadio Olimpico in Turin, he scored his first brace in Serie A during a 2–1 comeback win over GenoaOn 10 January 2015 he scored the equaliser, 1–1, against Milan and on 1 March, he scored the winning goal, 1–0, against Napoli.[ On 19 March he scored his first goal in the Europa League with a header during the round of 16 against Zenit Saint Petersburg. His goal brought Torino to 1–0, but not enough to overcome the 2 goal deficit from the first leg. On 5 April he scored the second goal in a momentary 2–0 lead over Atalanta (the game would end 2–1).
On 20 December 2015 he renewed with the Piedmontese club until 2020.

"Our Captain is exactly what I am looking for he is a warrior , he would put his own body on the line without even thinking about it! I am very excited to be part of Kamil's career here"

MARCO BENASSI

View attachment 196333

On 1 July 2014 it was officially announced that he was sold to Torino under a co-ownership agreement, as part of the transfer that brought Danilo D'Ambrosio to Inter in January.Benassi made his debut for the Granata during the third round of the 2014–15 Europa League won 3–0 against Swedes Brommapojkarna as a substitute. On 18 January 2015 he scored his first goal for Torino against Cesena. He scored again on 8 March after entering as a substitute for Alessandro Gazzi, marking the final goal in a 3–2 defeat at the Stadio Friuli against Udinese. He returned to the scoresheet in the final game of the season against Cesena (the match ended 5–0 in favour of Torino).
On 25 June 2015, the deadline for the expiration of the co-ownership, Torino acquired the other half of his contract.At the start of his second season with the club he changed shirt number, from 94 to 15.

"Marco reminds me of one of my former Italian colleagues Danielle De Rossi , He can tackle , He can Pass , He can finish. Marco is someone I have a lot of faith and someone I really want to be key to our development I know he can be the Anchor/Pivot to our challenge for supremacy"

ANDREA BELOTTI

View attachment 196332
On 18 August 2015 he was officially signed by Torino[ for a fee of €7.5 million.

"Andrea is a fantastic prospect he has scored 1 in 2 games for under 21 Italy team , he reminds me so much of another former team mate in Christan Vieri he is fantastic in he air , he has the strength to hold up play and can be clinical in front of goal."

View attachment 196278

View attachment 196275
URBANO CAIRO - Chairman

"Fabio we have had contact from Chelsea's Michael Emenalo today about Nikola Maksimovic, They have offered us 12 Million up front and 2 Million over 24 months... What do you think?"

View attachment 196277
View attachment 196276

"This is a good offer , I think we should take it.. Nikola is a fantastic prospect but this gives us an opportunity to help with our new identity and improve in a few area's that I feel we need, How much of this will I be allowed to reinvest?"

"We will use 3.5 Million to consolidate the finance and give you 9 Million to reinvest"

View attachment 196274
FABIO CANNAVARO - Torino Manager

"I agree with your thinking but we need to make sure we do the right thing in the transfer market and we have done well over the past few years but I am not certain that we have the right structure."

"I would like to bring in some of my on people on the recruitment side if you give me that I will happily take the deal."

Urbano Cairo -

"Okay Fab , I will make the necessary arrangements. Speak to you soon."

looking is good
o.png

View attachment 196121

Torino today are pleased to announce the signing of Argentine International Gino Peruzzi from Boca Juniors in a 3.5 million pound deal on a 4 year contract.

View attachment 196120

Full nameGino Peruzzi Lucchetti
Date of birth9 June 1992 (age 23)
Place of birthCorral de Bustos, Córdoba, Argentina
Height1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
Playing positionRight back
Club information
Current teamBoca Juniors
Number4
Youth career
1998–2006Club Atlético Social Corralense
2006–2010Vélez Sársfield
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2010–2013Vélez Sársfield45(1)
2013–2015Catania21(1)
2015–Boca Juniors22(1)
National team‡​
2012–Argentina

"Gino is a fantastic acquisition to our squad , He knows the league very well through his spell with Catania , He has been part of the Argentina set up for a few years and will provide quality and depth down our right side." ​- FABIO CANNAVARO

Cracking team to choose, Do love Italian football myself so will be following! Good luck buddy

View attachment 195943

"Having spent a coaching course with Diego Simeone I feel he was a fantastic person to learn from and I want to attempt to adopt his style and approach of Defensive solidity and winning games through fighting for every single ball for 90 minutes" - Fabio Cannavaro

View attachment 195942
Two Banks of four that will be hard to break down and pressing as a unit from the front and making the most of our opportunities.

I am not going to say we are going to play the best football , But we are going to get the results that we need to take this club forward.

It also fights into my strengths I will be looking to develop our Centre backs myself with coaching and focus on positioning and bravery.
View attachment 195939

I have faith that we can take this club to the next level following the Simeone Principles Atletico were 10th before Diego took over and now look what they have achieved.

Cracking team to choose, Do love Italian football myself so will be following! Good luck buddy

Thank you mate! Team with a lot of potential and my goals feel quite realistic!

View attachment 195770

There was a party Atmosphere in Turin today for the opening round of the "Coppa Italia" as 5 time winner Torino played lowely Pavia in the opening Round.

This was also Fabio Cannavaro's first competitive game as Torino Manager.

View attachment 195766

"I am very excited for this new chapter in Torino's history and this is the first block in building our fortress"

View attachment 195765

"Not the prettiest performance , But these players are still learning how we want to play and what our expectations are and I know we will come on for this."

"Pavia made it very difficult for us to break down, but we got there in the end."

"Clean sheet and our strikers scored the winning goals, Those are the positives for me"

Man of the Match

Gino Peruzzi

"Gino gave us the effort and desire the whole game down the right side and created a goal for us "

Really excited about this one mate! Good luck, I'll be follow closely.

View attachment 194615

The Opening day of the Serie A season 2015 see's Fabio Cannavaro's Torino take on Maurizo Sarri Napoli in the San Paolo in Naples.

The Game would be a difficult opener for the former Italy centre back's Torino in his introduction to the Italian league.

"We have trained well and are excited about how things are going and we know that if we work hard we can get a result today" - FABIO CANNAVARO

View attachment 194614

View attachment 194613

"We showed fantastic fight and desire in this game against a very strong Napoli side"

"we lost concentration early on and gave away a silly penalty"

"The last 15 minutes was a joy to watch and shows why Italian football is a special league and we see this as a very positive result in our journey towards our goals"

MAN OF THE MATCH

View attachment 194611
"Marco was fantastic this whole game he ran the show in the middle for us and provided a balanced support for us on both sides of the park and he deserved his goal"

View attachment 1004599

"Liverpool have had a bid of 9.5 million accepted for Torino Wing Back Bruno Peres" - Jim white

View attachment 194543

Sources in Torino have said the deal is confirmed but we are just waiting for confirmation from Liverpool FC about the Brazilian defender.
[video=youtube;_YEvkci3h0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEvkci3h0s[/video]

View attachment 1004602

FABIO CANNAVARO INTERVIEW

"Bruno has made us aware he wants to complete his deal to Liverpool so we will not stand in his way , The figure that Liverpool has paid met Bruno's release clause of 9.5 million so we had no choice to let Bruno Leave"

"We have acted quickly to firm up our Defence and we have confirmed a deal with Empoli for Italian under 21 Federico Barba "

"He is a quick talented CB who we feel we can develop into a fantastic player for many years"

View attachment 194542

Barba is a good signing! Hopefully you can keep hold of Benassi, on your way to having a brilliant spine through the side mate

Barba is a good signing! Hopefully you can keep hold of Benassi, on your way to having a brilliant spine through the side mate

Thank you mate! for Benassi i do plan on building around him so will take a decent offer for him to go!

View attachment 193545

TORINO TRANSFER ROUND UP :

View attachment 193544
"We done exactly what the chairmen asked me to do , Live within our means , we sold some good players but we also brought in players that fit into our metrics scoring system for transfers"

"We use a scoring system based on player age , statistics , international status and value , the player has to score the right score in all these area's for us to make a move"

View attachment 193543
Filip Đuričić
Date of birth30 January 1992 (age 23)
Place of birthObrenovac, SFR Yugoslavia
Height1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)[1]
Playing positionAttacking midfielder
Club information
Current team
Benfica
Number22
Youth career
Radnički Obrenovac
Red Star Belgrade
2007–2008Olympiacos
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2008–2009Radnički Obrenovac17(0)
2010–2013Heerenveen99(20)
2013–Benfica12(0)
2014–20151. FSV Mainz 05 (loan)11(0)
2015Southampton (loan)9(0)
National team‡​
2009–2015Serbia U2120(4)
2012–Serbia

"Filip became available and we felt we needed to add that creative edge to our squad and we know that things maybe have not worked out the way he would have wanted , but we feel he will be a good addition to our squad"

"He has great experience in Europe playing in Holland , Portugal , Germany and England and on the International stage so we had to make our move."

View attachment 193542

Personal information
Date of birth8 February 1994 (age 21)
Place of birthArendal, Norway
Height1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing positionDefender
Club information
Current team
Odd
Number5
Youth career
–2009Kragerø
2010–2012Odd
Senior career*
YearsTeamApps†​(Gls)†​
2012–Odd67(0)
National team‡​
2014–Norway1(0

Thomas Grøgaard

"Thomas Grogaard is a fantastic young prospect and he has just broke into the Norwegian national squad , he has fantastic energy and has been touted as the Norwegian Gary Neville who just runs up and down the wing all day and does his job at the back first before pushing forward"

"We have loaned Thomas back to Odd for the remainder of the season to help his development"

"I am very happy with our transfer business and feel that we have made the right moves and we are going to balance this into the squad we want."

View attachment 192136

There was a buzz round the Stadio Olimpico from the Torino fans that has been missing for so long, It feels that the fans have bought into Fabio Cannavaro and his Captain Italy persona.

Positive signings and a realisitc pragmatic approach of grinding to win the Granata fans are in a good voice for today's game against Sassuolo.

View attachment 192135

View attachment 192134

Andrea Belotti Opened his account in front on the Torino home fans with a powerful header from a drilled diagonal ball from Joel Obi which looped over the on looking Andrea Consigli

View attachment 192133

"I was delighted to score on my home debut and to score the winner in front of these fans has truely given me a desire to be top scorer in Serie A for these fans and this club and I know I can do it , We have a strong spine and work ethic and we will not give up." - Andrea Belotti

View attachment 192131

"We had a game plan and we stuck to it , We chased every ball and every player gave me there all and it will only get better as the season goes on."

"Andrea is a special striker in the making and we are delighted he is our number 9 and we have a lot of faith that he can take himself and Torino to the top"

"Filip Djuricic is used to playing in the whole behind the striker but we need him to work on his tactical game and understanding of what is required for our approach and I know he can do it."

"there has only been 2 games and we have 4 points , we know there is a long way to go and we will take every game as they come"

​FABIO CANNAVARO