Personal season objectives

I don’t want to heap a great deal of pressure on myself here - I came up with a couple of effective tactics on FM15, but it remains to be seen whether or not I’ll be able to do the same here. The first season really is a bit of an unknown in that respect - I could easily crash and burn, but going by the expected quality of the squad, I’ll be looking at a top 8 finish to be satisfied. It will be tricky without the first transfer window, but that’s my goal. I’ve heard that Fraser Forster is out for almost the whole season, which may make things very difficult, and if Stelekenburg can’t cut it then I may be forced to bring in another keeper in January.

As for the Cups, in my experience it is entirely possible to have at least one serious cup run without negatively impacting on league form, and so that is what I will be aiming for. We’ll be hoping for a kind draw though, as I still intend to rotate and prioritise the league. A semi final appearance in one of the cups is the aim, although it’s draw dependant, and I’d probably be happy with a quarter final.

The Europa League is a bit of an unknown, which may largely depend on the draw. If we are fortunate enough to make the group stage, with a team still learning a tactic which could well be rubbish, then I’ll be hoping to make the knockout stages, and if so, I’ll go all out for the trophy. The Round of 16 or Quarter Final is my goal, but we will see how we go.

These expectations are of course subject to change, particularly given I haven’t even started the save yet, but I think they’re somewhat reasonable and realistic, and right now I’d be satisfied if we achieved all of those, but who knows? We might get off to a flying start and of course the bar would be raised accordingly.

It’s all a mystery at this stage. The Saints will begin their march very soon! I hope you will all be in that number of readers :)

Also curious as to what people would like to see in terms of style. The Malmö-style match reports are of course an option I’m happy to stick with, but I might be able to move faster if I was less detailed. Any thoughts or opinions?

Also curious as to what people would like to see in terms of style. The Malmö-style match reports are of course an option I’m happy to stick with, but I might be able to move faster if I was less detailed. Any thoughts or opinions?

In the end its up to you Patty, Malmo worked though so see no reason to change. Just whatever you prefer mate.

I enjoyed the detailed reports like in the Malmo story. It was nice to read the game develop over the 90 mins.

But as Lippo said, whatever you prefer! :)

I enjoyed the detailed reports like in the Malmo story. It was nice to read the game develop over the 90 mins.

But as Lippo said, whatever you prefer! :)

Thank you :) I'll probably stick with the match reports then :)

Yeah,the like-Malmo match report was pretty,you can keep it that way. :p

As for the match reports "if something is working good don't change it" and since your presentation with Malmo was so good stick with it. Good luck with your save and most important my friend good luck with your exams !!!

promising start, looking forward to this patrick! (it will be amazing im sure)

Yeah,the like-Malmo match report was pretty,you can keep it that way. :p

As for the match reports "if something is working good don't change it" and since your presentation with Malmo was so good stick with it. Good luck with your save and most important my friend good luck with your exams !!!

Thanks guys, looks like everyone is happy with the match reports so they will stay :)

And thanks, I might need a bit of luck with one of them :p

Looking forward to this mate, Hopefully be of more interest for you as well so no quick domination like you had with Malmo and the saints have everything readily available to eventually become a force under the right manager! As everyone has stated above as well, The Malmo match detail was great, but ultimately its all down to what you think will suit you best!

Looking forward to this! Good luck mate.

Thanks mate :)

Looking forward to this mate, Hopefully be of more interest for you as well so no quick domination like you had with Malmo and the saints have everything readily available to eventually become a force under the right manager! As everyone has stated above as well, The Malmo match detail was great, but ultimately its all down to what you think will suit you best!

Thanks James, great to have you on board again! :) I think you're right as well, hopefully this proves to be more of a challenge, and I can always tighten the signing restrictions if need be. The match reports seem popular enough, so they will most likely stay :)