Talk of Messi's genius is flawed

yes messi gets all the goals and all the awards but xavi is on a completely different level to messi, he makes the game look so easy and he does it at his own pace. WALKING!
Xavi for Ballon'dor

it's amazing how people constantly bash such a great footballer.. a few month ago you were claiming that he couldn't score without xavi or iniesta, now you are saying that he only plays with one foot.. and calling messi egoistical is probably the most delusional thing ever, atleast in comparison to ronaldo!! he had 22 assists last season, xavi had 14, iniesta had 12 and ronaldo had 16..

He ****** me off before I knew he was being humorous :p that's why^^
But hey, my faith in humanity is restored XD

Oh right, I thought you knew he was taking the **** but you got angry. Didnt realise you believed it ;)

it's amazing how people constantly bash such a great footballer.. a few month ago you were claiming that he couldn't score without xavi or iniesta, now you are saying that he only plays with one foot.. and calling messi egoistical is probably the most delusional thing ever, atleast in comparison to ronaldo!! he had 22 assists last season, xavi had 14, iniesta had 12 and ronaldo had 16..

Oh dear ... Re read it, then re comment.
I await your response.

ESPN writers always try so hard to be funny and they always fail.

Although I have no idea how some people have taken this seriously..

Last edited:
Lol'd at Barca inventing football in 2009 :)

( I know its a joke)

Barcelona would not finish in the top 3 if they didn't have Xavi or Iniesta. Once them two are gone, and it's not far off now, Barca's reign on the world will disappear.

Just shoot me now! x_x

couldn't agree more :)

Why can't Messi be more of an Owen ? Why ?!?!?!?!

Lol'd at Barca inventing football in 2009 :)

( I know its a joke)

Yeah everyone knows that's not true, it was clearly invented in 1992 by SKY.

Lol, trying to be too cheeky. Should have ignored few points like Corners or coward to pass or use right foot so that people would have really believed this article.

Still something like a slap on the face of doubters.

I questioned the article once he said Maradona was better off the field than Messi, then listed Diego's indiscretions.

Not exactly the best use of sarcasm

The other thing that Messi has now which, if we are honest he was lacking for a couple of years or so. Is his abilty to pass. Not only can the little man score alot of goals, he has unbelievable vision to thread that final ball.

For a man who can score 30+ goals in the League and also manage 23 assists in a season, is beyond calling him, The best player in the world at the moment.

I was in complete awe at the pass in the CL last week. Just amazing how he threaded that ball through. His a joy to watch every time and in my opinion can only get better.

Leo Messi is one of the best, if not the best, player on the planet at the moment, and maybe of all time too. What confuses me is how he manages to keep the ball at, or should I say on, his feet at all times without even using 'skills' like Ronaldo (step overs, etc.) much.

Although this article is based on ironic and comedy, I think it does have some truth in it. Of course, Messi is a fantastic player but Barca would definitely still cope with Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Pique, Puyol and Busquets just to name a few of their stars. And I agree with the fact that he is not as good as Maradona; it is there in black and white at international level - Messi is poor for Argentina and can't seem to inspire them.

It was quite a poor attempt at irony and humour, but has some true points in it. Messi is a great, but not as great as Diego Maradona. Ronaldo has a right foot and is more rounded, but Messi is more of the better player in my honest opinion.

Excellently written piece, very provocative if you don't get the tone I can imagine.

I spotted how tongue in cheek it was when he implied Messi only had a left foot...

On the Messi-Ronaldo-Maradona comparisons, for me I would simply pick Messi above the other two. Not just for his talent but he rarely loses the ball, works for the team and always pops up in crucial club games. As for the argument Maradona won Argentina the world cup single handedly, Messi has won more Champions League titles with winning goals and plays in a generally down beat Argentinian team that aren't the team it was in the 80's.

When you see the many Messi finishes and runs, how anyone can say - or believe that someone would think - that he is a one footed player is beyond me.

Excellent tone in the piece though, the sort of thing I'd expect to read on SurrealFootball.