Ed TFC Wylie

Reaction score
View attachment 235692

28th June

Bob Andrews: After a string of disappointing results we've decided to part ways with Marcus Law and wish him the best of luck in the future. He's a superb manager and I wouldn't be suprised to see him managing in a much higher division in the near future, this job wasn't the right one for him. Dale Belford has been asked to take temporary charge as we look for a new manager.

Tamworth Herald reporter: Hi Bob, is there a timescale for when you hope to appoint the new manager and have you held any interviews?

Bob: It's hard to say on the timescale because you never know how long it takes to get the right manager at the helm. We've held some interviews yes, but I won't be discussing anything. That will be all for today I'm afraid, thanks.

sky-sports.jpg

Sky Bet odds on the next Tamworth manager: Paul Buckle 5/1, Martin Foyle 7/1, Nicky Law 10/1, Dale Belford 12/1, Gary Brabin 15/1, Edward Wylie 33/1.

Jim White: We're going to be joining our reporter at The Lamb ground who is joined by Bob Andrew.

Reporter: Good evening Mr Andrews, I understand you have some news for the fans?

Bob: I most certainly do, we've selected three applicants for serious interviews over the upcoming days. Dale Belford has ruled himself out of the running and will continue his excellent work with the academy.

Reporter: Sky Bet tells us that there are some very good managers in the running with the likes of Paul Buckle and Gary Brabin who was dismissed at Luton recently. Are these two in the running or is it all speculation?

Bob: I can't comment really, I don't want to be getting fans hopes up or letting fans down before we've even appointed the manager. But whoever it is shall be the right man for the job. A few of the players have informed me of who they'd believe would be a suitable candidate for the job, their views have been taken into account. I won't be taking anymore questions, good night.

Jim White: So Tamworth fans, who would you like as the next manager? Send your messages to us via text or email. We received a few messages earlier one from Scott Garbutt reads "Personally I'd like Paul Buckle to have the job, or maybe Edward Wylie. We need to take the next step forward and one of these could do it."

Twitter-Logo-300x293.jpg

@frannyjohn - new gaffer to be announced soon brap brap #buzzin
J_Hedge01 - looking forward to working with the new manager #onwardsandupwards

mike-wedderburn-10130.jpg

Mike Wedderburn: Sky Sources understand that Edward Wylie is in advanced talks with Bob Andrews and the other directors as he is set to become Tamworth's new manager, replacing Marcus Law. This comes following news that Gary Brabin has been kidnapped by a patient leaving a mental hospital who wants to send Brabin to Azkaban Prison. More news to follow within the next hour.

This comes following news that Gary Brabin has been kidnapped by a patient leaving a mental hospital who wants to send Brabin to Azkaban Prison. More news to follow within the next hour.

Wow, I nearly wet myself. Very imaginative.

Wylie Takes Over at Tamworth

Bob Andrews: I'm delighted to announce our new manager, Edward Wylie. After the other applicants strangely disappeared we've chosen to appoint Edward, who was first choice despite the mysterious ongoings. No doubt you've heard enough of my voice for one night, I'll leave you in the capable hands of Edward.

Tamworth Herald reporter: Congratulations Edward on taking over at Tamworth, you must be delighted?

Edward: Thank you, I'm delighted to be at a club like this which I've followed since being a boy. There are big things to come from this club and I won't give up until these goals have been delivered. There is a 3 year plan in place which shall be discussed in a meet the manager night in the upcoming weeks.

Tamworth Herald: You're certainly a suprise candidate, what can you offer this club?

Edward: I'm not going to tell you that, I'll answer that on the pitch and in the dressing room. Managing a team isn't all about having a good team, it's about having their respect and them wanting to play for both you and the club.

Sky Sports reporter: Hi Ed, congratulations. Just one question, what plans do you have for this season?

Edward: All these questions will be answered at the meet the manager night in the coming weeks, feel free to come to that with your camera. That'll be all for tonight.

Bob: Thanks for coming everyone.

Last edited:
I live near Tamworth lol I've done match reports for their academy games before :) I'm following

pic_79_2011-12_player_05_francis_francino.jpg
pic_79_2011-12_player_16_green_paul.jpg

Man mountain Francino Francis and skipper Paul Green spoke to the Tamworth Herald about the new manager. Green said "The players had a lot of respect for Marcus Law and it's a shame he had to leave, but Edward Wylie is our new manager now and we have to get behind him. He's told me that I'm still club captain which is a huge honour." Wylie doesn't have much managerial experience apart but has applied for the West Ham job, only to be overlooked by Sam Allardyce. Francino Francis was asked what the manager is like. "He's good, he's very good. He has the time for every single one of us. He's yet to tell us who shall remain and who shall be leaving, I'm hoping I stay as the town is superb and the fans are so friendly." We believe that Nick McKoy, Danny Thomas, Duane Courtney, Iyesden Christie, Liam McDonald and Kyle Patterson will all be leaving whilst goalkeepers Sam Andrew and Joe Collister will be moving on loan. Meet the manager night is scheduled for next Wednesday where Edward will answer all your questions, the night begins at 7pm followed by ball room dancing by Dale Belford and comes to a close at 11pm.

*There may not be another update until this afternoon or tomorrow* probably will be though :p

Wylie begins overhaul of squad
New manager Edward Wylie has begun building his squad for the new season by releasing no other than 13 players with 3 expected to go out on loan and Danny Thomas agreeing terms with Newport County. The players leaving the Lamb are Sam Oji, Liam McDonald, Harvey Headley, Richard Tait, Nick McKoy, Kieron St Aimie, Francino Francis, Duane Courtney, Iyesden Christie, Kyle Patterson, Lee Weemes, Alando Lewis and Nabil Shariff all leave on a free transfer after being told they don't feature in manager Edward Wylie's plan for the season. On a good note several transfers are set to be completed with Pablo Counago, Johann Smith, Steven Thicot and Maxime Chanot all agreeing contracts with the West Midlands based club. Several other players are on trial at the club hoping to impress the new manager.

looks good, im following, i remember i like the lower teams, fm11 i took blyth spartans from the blue square north/south to league 2, and fm10, managed rusheden, 1st season- play off final losers, 2nd season- play off winners, 3rd season- i was the manager of Man United!!

looks good, im following, i remember i like the lower teams, fm11 i took blyth spartans from the blue square north/south to league 2, and fm10, managed rusheden, 1st season- play off final losers, 2nd season- play off winners, 3rd season- i was the manager of Man United!!

Oh very impressive, non league is the best. No joy in starting a save with Man City knowing you'll win the league.

Apologies for the lack of posts, will be starting again now :)

Lamb's confirm new signings
Following the speculation in this week's Tamworth Herald we can now confirm the signings of French centre back Maxime Chanot, French midfielder/central defender Steven Thicot, USA left winger Johann Smith and ex Crystal Palace striker Pablo Counago. Each have penned two year deals with the club apart from Counago who has signed on the dotted lines for one year. These signings are expected to be the first as we expect the Wylie era to really kick start in the next week or two as pre season kick starts. We were fortunate enough to find an English translator as we met up with Maxime Chanot for an interview. "Bonjour Maxime, or should I say bon soir. Welcome to Tamworth, was it an easy choice?" Dave Brown said.
"Well yes, Tamworth is a massive club I believe we can go places and the manager informed me of his ambitions for me." Maxime replied, looking sternly at the buldge in the reporters trousers.
"Interesting, what did he say to you?" Dave Brown winked.
"This is between me and Edward Wylie, and Dale Belford. I'm a young player that wants to play and learn."
"Thanks Maxime, that'll be all. For now." an awkward silence hit the room as Dave Brown continuously winked at Maxime, not losing eye contact.

More transfers are set to follow, don't miss meet the manager night scheduled tonight!

Meet the manager night!
A large gathering of around 150 fans all waited in anticipation in the Tamworth club bar as they prepared to meet new manager Edward Wylie and hear his plans for the season.

Edward Wylie (EW): Good evening everyone, I'm pleased to announce I'll be the man to take you forward this season and hopefully for many more. I'm here tonight to answer any questions you may have, and any concerns.

Fan: Hi Edward, last year we narrowly escaped relegation on the last day of the season thanks to a flukey goal by Jake Sheridan. Will we have the agony of fighting relegation this season?

EW: Every team has to initially set the target of avoiding relegation then build from there. I have a solid base to work with after completing all my transfers until January. We shall get to work quickly and see what system the players can and can't play in. If the club can avoid relegation this season that'll be a fantastic achievement with us having one of the lowest budgets in the league, any more than BSP survival will be a big bonus.

Fan: A few of our favourite players have left such as Taity and Scotty Barrow, will they be replaced and if not with better replacements?

EW: Goodness yes! For a start Scotty Barrow felt homesick and there was no point in keeping him here. As for Taity we have got a much better replacement, Richard wanted to leave so I'm not going to stop him.

Fan: What kind of football are we going to be playing? Towards the end of last season under Des Lyttle it was boring negative hoof ball up to Kyle Perry who has left us now. If hoof ball works effectively then I don't mind.

Ew: I have the aim of bringing nice football that will be played on the floor and with energy and willingness to entertain. There will be a long ball every now and then but what do you expect when you have two lightening wingers?

Fan: Two lightening wingers? I know we have Smith but who is the other one? Surely Dale Belford hasn't been signed up? (Large laughs from the audience)

EW: As much as Dale Belford wants to nut meg the full back this season, it's not possible. We have completed the signings of Yannick Texeira Barbosa, Xavier Balc and Guven Cavus as competition and first team places in the wing positions. These are not the only signings as Giovanni Oliveri, Stefan Wiechers, Tertulien Denga, Burton O'Brien and Mustafa Amezrine have completed deals with us. With Craig Clay joining on loan.

Fan: Well I can confirm I've heard of none of them before! Haha, what formation are we going to be playing?

EW: It'll be a 4-3-3 kind of formation with 2 wingers and 1 forward, a flat midfield to outnumber the opposition and support and stabalise our own defence. I've worked on this tactic for a while and hope it does us good.

Fan: What experience do you have in football?

EW: None at all, when I was 16 I applied for the job of West Ham United and got a letter back from them. Apart from that nothing, but experience can only be gained with hands on work.

Fan: So if this season is to avoid relegation what are the plans for the next years?

EW: I want us to be a force to wreckon with, a good passing side then build from that basis. In terms of league finish next season I'll be hoping for a top half finish. I'm also looking forward to this years FA Cup, if we gain some extra revenue from that, with the owners permission we can strengthen with several quality players next season.

Pre-seasonView attachment 245778 underway

Game 1:
Cardiff City at home. Attendance 3,315
result 0:4
Despite losing 4-0 there was nothing to worry about, we had about 6 players and the money from gate receits was the important thing. After releasing so many players we need to make some money.

Game 2:
Aston Villa at home. Attendance 3,543
Result 0:3
Again, nothing to worry about when playing a massive team like Villa. Barry Bannan ran the show, showing some of our boys how to pass and strike a ball. We didn't have many players again, so onwards and upwards.

Game 3:
Brighton at home. Attendance 1623
Result 3:4
Marna hit a hatrick, but it wasn't enough. Very impressed with the performance as several of the new lads featured.

Game 4:
Atherstone away. Attendance 196
Result 2:2
Very disappointed with our finishing, we had 16 shots on target and only two goals to show for it. Troy Wallen got both goals.

Game 5:
Birmingham City at home. Attendance 2,584
Result 3:2
We were 2-0 down at half time, I made 7 changes and they paid off. Barbosa got 2, and Maxime Chanot scored a 93rd minute winner.

Game 6:
Heather away. Attendance 156
Result 0:4
We battered them, with 4 different scorers on the sheet. Habergham, Balc, Barbosa and Cavus all scoring in the demoliton.

Game 7:
Blackpool at home. Attendance 3,353
Result 1:3
Very impressed by our display, Thomas Ince and Matty Phillips ripped us to shreds. Francino Francis who I resigned after needing cover scored our goal.

This sums up pre-season. A lot of important fitness gained and some promising performances to match. Next post will be a summary of all transfers, incomign and out. Then the season begins!

I am :) I have a few, so I'm sure you do - battle of the stories! Little insight, I got beat 7-2 at home to southport! Not happy

Tamworth's Galacticos

In:

Johann Smith
Maxime Chanot
Steven Thicot
Burton O'Brien
Xavier Balc
Pablo Counago
Tertulien Denga
Yannick Texeira Barbosa
Giovanni Oliveri

Mustapha Amezrine
Craig Clay (loan)
Guven Cavus
Stefan Wiechers

Out:
Sam Oji
Duane Courtney
Scott Barrow
Richard Tait
Liam McDonald
Iyesden Christie
Kieron St Aimie
Kyle Patterson
Danny Thomas
Harvey Headley
Nabil Shariff
Lee Weemes
Connor Gudger, Sam Andrews, Joe Collister, Callum Reynolds all loaned out.

A lot of new signings coming to Tamworth, all of which I have a lot of faith in. Our first game against Mansfield Town is fast approaching!