SeasonView attachment 245802 begins
After all the anticipation in the press and Tamworth Herald the first game of the season for Tamworth FC was a very tricky away game at Mansfield Town who were heavy favourites to win. However, for manager Edward Wylie it was something he feels could work to his sides advantage. "If we go into the game as underdogs we can play with freedom as nobody expects us to get anything. With hard work and determination we can get a result this Saturday. I'll have a full squad to pick from so expect a strong line up."

Tamworth starting 11:

GK: Amezrine
RB: Denga
CB: Wiechers
CB: Chanot
LB: Oliveri
CM: Thicot
CM: Clay
CM: Burton
RW: Barbosa
LW: Cavus
ST: Counago

Pre match team talk: We're not the favourites here, but our fans will want a performance. If we do what we're good at then we can compete with any team in this league. Come on boys show me what you've got!

Tamworth bossed the first half, creating a lot of chances but Pablo Counago's finish was off the boil. Mansfield looked sluggish and not at all prepared for the game, perhaps an element suprise of how much energy was in Tamworth's performance. However Tamworth found themselves 1-0 down just before the break when Ross Dyer slotted past the goalkeeper after getting outnumbered on the break.

Half time team talk: We played really well in that half boys, we shouldn't be 1-0 down but that's football. Their fullbacks haven't been tested though, they seemed slow but we just haven't got the ball out wide!! Johann and JP, you're going to come on and replace Pablo and Guven. Let's get in their faces again, give our fans something to cheer about.

Edward Wylie's word of encouragement seemed to work as JP Marna slotted home a penalty following a mistimed challenge from an opposition centre half from an early ball into the box. On 63 minutes Mansfield won a set piece on the left hand side of Tamworth's half, the ball was whipped in and headed in by Louis Briscoe. It was Craig Clay who played him onside as he dropped too deep in the defensive line. So with Tamworth trailing Mansfield 2-1 they had to regroup and attack again. On 75 minutes JP Marna latched onto a wonderful pass by Thicot to slot past the goalkeeper to draw the game level once again. Wylie roared his team on and told more players to get forward, and they got their reward in the 93rd minute. Mansfield had a corner which was well cleared out to Johann Smith inside his own half, he skipped past 3 players before playing a peach of a ball into the box for JP Marna to tap in to complete a wonderful second half hatrick. The travelling Tamworth fans went mental as their team secured their first win of the season.

Full time team talk:
Well done lads, we fought to the bitter end and that's what this club is all about. JP you were just incredible, without someone like you our created chances would've been wasted. A really good display today and it gives the fans a good positive spirit at the start of the season.

Game 1:
Mansfield Town away. Attendance 2,947
Score 2:3
Scorers for Tamworth: Marna 3 (50, 75, 93)

View attachment 245807

Every game that is played won't have that much detail, it's because it was the first game of the season. I may do ones that long/longer for big games/FA Cup games. There'll be as much detail as the pre-season games, maybe a little more :p

August View attachment 245860results
(excluding Mansfield)

Game 2:
Kidderminster Harriers at home. Attendance 1,533
Score 0:0
We had 67% of possession, very unfortunate not to win. Super sub Marna started put didn't make the same impact. Kidderminster didn't trouble us but take the rough with the smooth, we didn't win but we played really well.

Game 3:
Grimsby Town away. Attendance 3,466
Score 0:2
Grimsby were never in the game, we restricted them to one chance compared to our 17. Balc and Barbosa got on the score sheet for us. On a slightly annoying note we picked up 7 bookings which lead to a fine of £750 from the FA.

Game 4:
Braintree Town at home. Attendance 1,474
Score 4:1
Our good form and performances continute as Braintree were played off the park. A Pablo Counago penalty and a Burton O'Brien header made it 2-0 to us before half time. JP Marna was brought on at half time for Counago and he fired in two goals, superb player to have on the bench. Conceded a late goal though which was a shame.

Game 5:
Barrow away. Attendance 1,231
Score 0:1
We controlled possession but were quite disappointing in the final third, Xavier Balc curled in a wonderful free kick with 17 minutes to go to continue our unbeaten streak.

Game 6:
Newport County at home. Attendance 1,297
Score 4:1
Again we had over 60% of possession which has been the case for most games this season. We had 19 shots compared to their 2. Barbosa scored 2, Chanot and Wiechers scored the others.

After playing the first month of the season, I believe we won't be anywhere near the relegation places. We attack with energy and defend in numbers, the balance seems to be right.

Player of the month: Jean-Paul Marna
Goal of the month: Balc's free kick away at Barrow
Result of the month: Grimsby 0 Tamworth 2

SeptemberView attachment 246104 results

Game 7:
Stockport County away. Attendance 3,395
0:5
Our fine form continued with Stockport our next victims. We restricted them to 0 shots compared to our 21. Mammoth centre half Maxime Chanot bagged an incredible 4 goals and Texeira Barbosa got the other.

Game 8:
Southport away. Attendance 706
Score 0:1
Bit of a boring game, for the second game in a row the opposition had no shots. Compared to our 13, Pablo Counago got the winner just before half time.

Game 9:
Hayes and Yeading at home. Attendance 1,002
Score 2:0
Played some nice football on the deck, creating 22 chances. The team looks really positive and full of commitment and energy. Counago and Chanot got the goals.

Game 10:
Ebbsfleet United at home. Attendance 1,032
Score 6:0
Our attacking talents, raw pace and swift counter attacks were far too much for the opposition to handle. They were never in the game and were shown what Tamworth FC is all about. Balc and Barbosa bagged 2 each whilst Wiechers and a Marwa own goal completed the scoring.

Game 11:
Kettering Town away. Attendance 1,091
Score 2:4
Disappointed to have conceded two goals, two soft goals. But you have to take the rough with the smooth, we scored 4 goals. Barbosa got 2, O'Brien and Counago both got the others.

That is another month over at Tamworth, top of the league and scoring for fun.
Player of the month goes to Barbosa and Chanot
Goal of the month goes to O'Brien vs Kettering Town
Result of the month is Stockport County away.

At the beginning of January there will be another meet the manager night. In my next update there will be an emergency meeting with Bob Andrews. COYL!

Nice to see you've kept the spine of the original side... Lol joke - only marna plays for you as a sub!! Got to keep a few lads, about 5/6 start for me from this season.

Haha, I still have Franny, McKoy, Greeny and Marna. My new team is unstoppable, could compete without any further additions in League 2.

Mines average, hoping for playoffs, not going to lose the soul of my club like you!! How's the wage bill? Must be big, bet bob ain't happy :)

Wage bill is about £200 over, not too bad. I think Bob can deal with that :p

OctoberView attachment 246127 results

Game 12:
Darlington at home. Attendance 1,303
Score 4:0
Lively performance, Barbosa hitting two goals yet again. Been one of our best signings by far. His name was on the score sheet along with Counago who bagged a brace with two superb finishes.

Game 13:
Alfreton Town away. Attendance 1,405
Score 1:4
Counago is just monsterous at this level, two more goals for him which were really well taken. Johann Smith's goal was the highlight of the game though as he unleashed a 35 yard piledriver into the top corner. Chanot got the other goal.

Game 14:
Forest Green Rovers at home. Attendance 1,535
Score 3:1
Set pieces are vital in football, we showed that today. Chanot scored from a corner and free kick, both of which were bullet headers. Craig Clay got the other after nice build up play from Balc and Barbosa.

Game 15:
Lincoln City away. Attendance 2,266
Score 1:2
The only two unbeaten teams in the teams were to lock horns at Sincil Bank, we went 1-0 down in the 3rd minute and I thought today was the day we'd lose. However, like I've said before set pieces win games and they did today. Chanot getting another two goals. Our best result of the season after digging deep. On a sour note, Counago has been ruled out for 5 months with a broken foot.

View attachment 246128
Emergency loan signing Tom Bradshaw has been signed for 3 months from Shrewsbury Town. We like to thank them for letting Tom move to the Lamb at such short notice.

Game 16:
Bath City at home. Attendance 1,781
Score 5:0
Another demolition job for the Tamworth boys, Marna made his first start for several games and it paid off as he gave us a 10th minute lead. A Chanot double, Wiechers and Bradshaw debut goal sealed the comprehensive home win.

We had been drawn in the FA Cup to bitter rivals Nuneaton Town, in real life that is. For me it was important to win.

FA Cup
Nuneaton Town away. Atendance 2,097
Score 1:3
Every game is important, depsite being favourites we still have to play a strong team. We went 1-0 up through suprise suprise, Maxime Chanot. Nuneaton soon equalised and had the chance to take the lead from the penalty spot, but the spot kick was well saved by Hedge. The wind was in our sail in the second half as we scored two goals to win 3-1. Chanot with both. The Lambs are going through to the first round of the FA Cup where they will play League 1 giants MK Dons at the Lamb.

Another successful month, we are 11 points clear at the top, already. Now Bob Andrews wanted an emergency
meeting.

Bob: Good morning Edward please do sit down.
Edward: Thank you.
Bob: Now as you're aware we've been approached by Huddersfield who would like to speak to you. We'd like you to stay, if you wish to go then we're not going to stand in your way as it's an incredible opportunity. What do you want to do?
Edward: I'd love to manage in League 1, I really would. But not with Huddersfield, with Tamworth. I'm not going anywhere Mr Chairman. I would however like a parent club, we're a little thin in numbers at the moment. A few loans will give us depth without paying their wages.
Bob: That's something we can look at if you wish. Thanks for your time.

OctoberView attachment 246155 results

Game 17:
Fleetwood Town away. Attendance 1,507
Score 2:3
A thriller, replicating the Mansfield game. Thicot gave us an 11th minute lead. Vardy scored two, the first in the 72nd minute and the second in the 85th minute. So with us trailing 2-1 I brought on super sub JP Marna, he equalised in the 88th minute and won it with a 15 yard chip in the 94th minute to send the Tamworth fans into raptures.

Game 18:
York City at home
Score 4:2
Disappointing to concede two poor goals, both from set pieces which was a concern. Smith, Cavus, Wiechers and Chanot won it for us though.

FA Cup 1st round
MK Dons at home. Attendance 3,984
Marna got himself a start after his magic from two games ago, he continued his fine form with a wonder goal from inside the penalty area, a belter into the top corner on 7 minutes. On 11 minutes a driven ball by Barbosa was met by Marna who prodden home from 6 yards to give us a 2-0 lead. There was little other action in the first half. On 54 minutes Wiechers sealed the win with a close range header, the Lambs didn't stop though. Balc scored a thunderbolt from 18 yards to make it 4-0 on 74 minutes and Chanot made it 5-0 in the 90th minute. We will now play Fleetwood Town at home in the 2nd round.
Score 5:0

View attachment 246158

Game 19:
Gateshead at home. Attendance 1,756
Score 3:1
The home fans were delighted as we secured yet another home win, two for Balc and another for Marna secured all 3 points.

Game 20:
Luton Town away. Attendance 4,130
Score 1:1
We weren't clinical and didn't deserve to win, we were let off by an own goal by Stuart Fleetwood.

Game 21:
AFC Telford United at home. Attendance 1,904
Score 3:0
Not much to report, just a solid 3 points with 3 different scorers. Chanot, Marna and Smith with the goals.

Game 22:
Wrexham away. Attendance 2,099
Score 2:0
Very impressive team display, especially away from home. Balc and Barbosa got both goals in the impressive display.

This rounds up another successful month for Tamworth, 18 points clear at the top. The league is in our hands.