Raikan007

Reaction score
Good day, a lot of members have asked me if I would ever make a good old fashioned Target Man tactic! I decided late last night that I would give it a shot! I decided to go for Liverpool as a lot of people cannot seem to get the best out of Carrol for one and sometimes Gerrard!

This tactic is not only for big strong tall strikers that can head the ball like Crouch or Carrol, it is for any type of target man, big or small with a few small changes that I will mention below you can make Defoe your scoring target man :)

This is a good old fashioned winger tactic that focusses getting the ball out wide and whipping it in high or low towards the TM or the Cm (new role I have created) which arrives late in the box and will be (hopefully) a 15-20 goals per season Cm like Lampard was a few years ago! (its called the goal scoring Cm role)

The two other Cm's on either side of the central goalscoring Cm are set to my "Carrick" role which I have created! this is a great role/setting for Cm's :) you are more than welcome to implement it in your tactics if you wish!

The football looks really so far, realistic and fluid!

Download Link:

Formation:
View attachment 197156View attachment 197155

Match Stats:
View attachment 197146View attachment 197163View attachment 197161View attachment 197160View attachment 197159View attachment 197154View attachment 197153View attachment 197152View attachment 197151View attachment 197150View attachment 197149View attachment 197148View attachment 197147View attachment 197164View attachment 197157

Match Prep:

• Team blend until fluid then attacking movement

Touchline Shouts:
  • Get ball forward
  • Pass into space
  • Hassle opponents
  • Pump ball into box (if you are not getting enough crosses in)
  • Look for overlap (if the fullbacks are not getting involved too much)

Opposition Instructions:
  • leave to assistant manager, hard tackle on creative cm's and quick wingers, closing down on Cm's and strikers.
  • hard tackle and close down weak and uncomposed central defenders

Addtional Notes:

• Maximum dimensions for field size
Types of players:
  • Keeper: Normal keeper
  • Fullbacks: Attacking and good at crossing/dribbling/teamwork/stamina and marking on defence
  • Centrebacks: Composed/quick/anticipation/good in the air/tackling and marking
  • Centre mids (either side of the central Cm) work rate/teamwork/passing/stamina/off the ball/tackling
  • Central Cm: passing/shooting/composure/decisions/stamina/first touch/off the ball/dribbling
  • Wingers: dribbling/pace/acceleration/crossing/flair/technique/off the ball/stamina/agility
  • Striker: Strength/jumping/heading/finishing/composure/bravery/off the ball

If you have a small striker like Defoe/Hernandez/Pato etc:

• change striker role to poacher and set run with ball and run from deep often and untick hold up ball
  • change team instructions to drill crosses and play ball to feet of target man

Last edited:
as you can see from the attachment just above, Gerrard scored 2 goals in his first competitive match from the Cm position :) he ended up on 9.4 ave rating for the game! it was the 1st tie in qualifying for the Europa League! And Carrol scored a peach of a header from a wonderful cross by Boussaffa who is a great player by the way!

I will try next season, Still doing very well with your heaven tactic :)

may try this with real would ronaldo be a good tm or keep him on the wing

may try this with real would ronaldo be a good tm or keep him on the wing
If you play him upfront it would work yes, with the changes to the smaller TM I mention at the bottom! leave him as advanced forward though as he is pretty good in the air!

Who would you play out wide? Di Maria and Ozil?

ok thanks will give it a go was thinking di maria left and pedro leon on the right see how it goes
If you play him upfront it would work yes, with the changes to the smaller TM I mention at the bottom! leave him as advanced forward though as he is pretty good in the air!

Who would you play out wide? Di Maria and Ozil?

gonna start a new season with LFC will post some results for u soon played with ur amc and ccc tactic the last weeks and constantly ran into problems with it in the 2nd season getting some strange and mixed results (like win away @ chelsea with 1-5 and then lose the next three games to wolves @ home 1-3 arsenal away 2-1 (not that strange but after a win like that on chelsea still odd) and everton @ home 0-2) so i'll try this one post some results in the next day's of the first few matches and then in some weeks how things are at the end of season 1 and during season 2

cheers so far for some nice tactics :)

Everytime i look on this site you have a new tactic out LOL looks very good

Do you think it would work with out a Target Man? Because I seriously can't get my CM scoring.

well so far so good im in jan 2011 not signed any 1 cos i dont need any 1 not lost a game yet into the last 16 cl had man u in my group beat them home and away ronaldo is doing well but i have the same thing as the guy above with the cm is there any thing i could change

Will certainly give this a try with Liverpool tomorrow. Will Adam be any good in the wide MC positions? Could tweak one so it's more of a deep lying playmaker.

Finally a tactic a can use for my team sunderland with the latest transfer update they have 3 big strikers now and i think this will be perfect especially with the central midfield role should hopefully get the best out of sessegnon starting my save as i type this

good start with this 2 wins 1 draw so far as dortmund

ps wat skin u using

Everytime i look on this site you have a new tactic out LOL looks very good
hahhahahaa, cannot get into a new game so just make new tactics for teams :) frustrated with Fifa 12's defending system and how awesomely insane Demon's Souls is, I cannot motivate myself for a new Fm11 game! going to need to give it a break before Fm12 comes out..

On that topic I redesigned this tactic into a narrow formation with the Am's playing as 2nd and 3rd strikers as well as wingers offering width :)

I made a new version of the TM and Cm scoring tactic I uploaded yesterday, tried it out with my Tottenham team 2nd season, beat Real Madrid 4:0 at the Bernuabeu, 3:1 vs City at the CoMS. Tried it with a new Arsenal save I made last night as I felt Arshavin and Nasri would compliment this tactic and it did! having really good results with it.....

I call it the Superhuman tactic cause it looks like a human (well chicks body) it plays really sexy football and creates on average 3-6 CCC's per game! I destroyed Real and City!

If anyone would like to give it a go let me know and i will upload it for you tomorrow :)

View attachment 197194

good start with this 2 wins 1 draw so far as dortmund

ps wat skin u using
good start mate :) its Elegans 2 - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats with a background I found in another skin :)

Will certainly give this a try with Liverpool tomorrow. Will Adam be any good in the wide MC positions? Could tweak one so it's more of a deep lying playmaker.
yes most definately, set him to DLP or even Cm support but instead of bombing forward ask him to never run from deep and run with ball sometimes, crossing always from deep and always playing in through balls. If he has or you can teach him the switches flanks passing PPM that would be great too :)

let me know how it goes :)

Do you think it would work with out a Target Man? Because I seriously can't get my CM scoring.
yes it would, just make sure you instruct all the players to not cross to the TM and cross to near post if a small striker and centre if a striker that is decent in the air :)

Set him to run with ball more often and teach him the PPM's get forward, attack through centre and arrive late as mentioned in the OP :) I guess Gerrard is the perfect example of that! you can even push him up to the Amc position if you like. My preferred formation :)

yes it would, just make sure you instruct all the players to not cross to the TM and cross to near post if a small striker and centre if a striker that is decent in the air :)

Set him to run with ball more often and teach him the PPM's get forward, attack through centre and arrive late as mentioned in the OP :) I guess Gerrard is the perfect example of that! you can even push him up to the Amc position if you like. My preferred formation :)

Well, Gerrard is a bit to old for my squad. But I have either Christian Eriksen or Miralem Pjanic as either AMC or regular CM.

But I'm gonna give it a try. Cheers mate :)