goat

Reaction score
did kind of ask this in the small question section but it seemed to get lost in all the other questions

on 11.3 and the wingers are a lot better now at avoiding hitting the fullback with most crosses. my problem now is my big lad is a mare.

i play a basic 4-4-2 and my player set to targetman- attack keeps going out wide despite being set to wide play- normal giving him no excuse to be anywhere near the touchline ( i did notice run from deep is now defaulted to often instead of sometime in last patch ).
the main problem is one i cant see any answer to at all. after games i look at the analysis screen and see whoever is set as targetman has no blobs in the box for headers, all the blobs are near the halfway line. what im getting at is theres not even blobs for losing headers meaning hes not even competing with the centre half despite around 6 crosses each from both wingers and their aim set to targetman
also of about 10 crosses per game only 1 or 2 are actually on target which cant help things

any help would be great

gone through all that already, neither should impact the player disregarding any or all instructions that badly

got roam from position - no?
Also make sure he isnt swapping position to anyone.

no swapping or roaming and thanks for the suggestions . im kind of leaning towards the fact that the match engine is poor. was not this bad on fm 10 and shouldnt be this frustrating to make a basic tactic work

set to normal position come deep rarely run wiv ball sometimes creative freedom little and put the att up high, higher than ur other stiker and anyone else on the pitch so wen ur attacking he should b highest up the pitch and no roaming.

hmmm so what you are saying is if he is set to run from deep often he will drop deeper in the first place so he can actually run from deep ?

depends wot u want him to do mate. if uv got 2 strikers u only want one of them players dropping deep linking up play but ur target man u want up as far as possible pushing the back line holding up the ball, getting on crosses. you dnt want ur target man dropping deep and running with the ball. so rarely come deep and run with ball sometimes. So to ur Q when deep is set to often they tend to move from their position to find space

depends wot u want him to do mate. if uv got 2 strikers u only want one of them players dropping deep linking up play but ur target man u want up as far as possible pushing the back line holding up the ball, getting on crosses. you dnt want ur target man dropping deep and running with the ball. so rarely come deep and run with ball sometimes. So to ur Q when deep is set to often they tend to move from their position to find space

Can't you speak English please?

well if your player is set to run from deep often he going to drop in deep to pick up the ball and run with it pass it etc. so for a target man you want to set his att mentality high, creative freedom low run from deep rarely, and run with ball sometimes. hold up ball yes, roam from position no and normal position or move into channels if u want up to you. this way he should be your focal att point and obviously set him as your target man. is that english enough for you?

cheers for that fella, see i assumed this is what the attack and support settings were for, to pick who drops and who sticks. all i want is my winger to run down the line and cross for the big striker to attack. its not asking too much and its not like im expecting every header to go in, id just want my team to play how I want and not how SI want me to play

well if your player is set to run from deep often he is going to drop in deep to pick up the ball and run with it, pass it etc. So for a target man you want to set his att mentality high,low creative freedom ,rarely run from deep and run with ball sometimes.Hold up ball yes,no roaming from position and normal position or move into channels if you want it's up to you. T his way he should be your focus att point and obviously set him as your target man. Is that english enough for you?

It improved.

Last edited:
lol see how you get on mate iv try endless tactics on this game, maybe twig the cross settings aswell drill or float see which works best. the one thing that i have learned about this game is that the standard settings that the computers sets up never work best you always need to change them. so dnt just use the target man and think thats how it should b set up.

after dropping the run from deep my big bosnian waste of space has a first half hattrick with 2 headers. i wont think my problem is solved, its only a friendly against an irish team.

Last edited:
get a life

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Mate i was just trying to write stuff quick and bullet point details rather than take all day to say something, then u get wallys correcting spellings and punctuation

What's the point of writing super quick if you aren't understandable?

game over with the rare run from deep. ok its only against an irish team but
from maybe 1 header in the box to 6
2 headed goals, although i wont count one seeing as it was a poor flick on and the keeper threw it in
4 goals in all
and a rating of 10

not bad, cheers fella

If you wanted to purely chat to goat you would have private messaged him no?