B

Blynd1

So yesterday (i think) came out a new patch... the tatics are still the same? i mean, the old ones we use (goals galore, raikan tatics, etc) still work? thanks :D

There are no changes to the match engine as far as I'm aware so tactics should work exactly the same, yes.

Haven't had the chance to play due to work so I can't comment but over at the SI forums a lot of people have been complaining about tactics becoming ineffective now despite no changes being made, which I found strange. But like I said I've been busy working so haven't actually had a chance to comment on this myself..

I tend to find that tactics don't perform as they did prior to the final patch. for that reason, i haven't played FM since before xmas.

I dont' think so.

I was using Brobs 4-2-1-3 with 12.1.1 patch and my teams was playing very well everytime, and i won a lot of competitions. Now i've tried this tactic in 12.2 patch and the results are not the same, for me.

A well balanced tactic wont be affected by a change in patch.

I have been using the same tactic as Trafalgar Law and had the same problem with results. Have also tried a few other tactics just to check and they also seem to be less as effective.

Its so annoying that this happens and thats why i use a lot of other peoples tactics and i admire them for creating them because i would be even more ****** off that after every ****** patch i have to re-create or tweak tactics

I have been using the same tactic as Trafalgar Law and had the same problem with results. Have also tried a few other tactics just to check and they also seem to be less as effective.

Its so annoying that this happens and thats why i use a lot of other peoples tactics and i admire them for creating them because i would be even more ****** off that after every ****** patch i have to re-create or tweak tactics

If you have to rebalance a tactic after a patch then it is too highly strung, especially since there were no ME changes

In the relase notes of 12.2.0 there's no mention to changes in the ME, but a lot of people talks about loss of effectiveness in their tactics ... so where's the truth !?!?

i found Ill devasto still worked well still alot on 4,5 nils tried goals galore yet that tactic is ineffective now alot of 1-0 losses so weird how 1 works and 1 doesn't anyone else finds this problem??

The same thing again and again...SI says they didnt change anything in the ME but tactics work differently again...

So NO they wont work exactly as in 12.1.1...

As the tactics for 11.3 patch, didnt work in FM 12, even if SI says the ME is the same

In the relase notes of 12.2.0 there's no mention to changes in the ME, but a lot of people talks about loss of effectiveness in their tactics ... so where's the truth !?!?
It could be the same people that always claim that their tactics has suddenly stopped working, new patch or not, i.e, its not the patch.

The same thing again and again...SI says they didnt change anything in the ME but tactics work differently again...So NO they wont work exactly as in 12.1.1...As the tactics for 11.3 patch, didnt work in FM 12, even if SI says the ME is the same
There was some changes in the ME between 11.3 and 12 but no major ones. The biggest change though was that ATTACK no longer( between 12.0.x and 12.1 and FM11) has counter attack ticked, the none tracking back wingers and that the AI now uses more shouts ( and more wisely)

Mine is working fine if not better seem to be getting just as good results but more possesion, did half seas to see if this would work made no changes to staff/players, was top of league with +54 goal difference and won all apart from 2 draws:). Now just starting save again so can bring own staff and players!

The same thing again and again...SI says they didnt change anything in the ME but tactics work differently again...

So NO they wont work exactly as in 12.1.1...

As the tactics for 11.3 patch, didnt work in FM 12, even if SI says the ME is the same

Thats normally down to the the unique builds of so called "super" tactics. They are nearly always very one dimensonal.

I Still have the same 3 rough variations from FM10, and thats actually gone through several ME changes.

A well balanced tactic WILL work as it did before, thats one that doesnt have crazy set ups or requires players to be in superb form and high morale, or requires a perfect pitch to play on

There was some changes in the ME between 11.3 and 12 but no major ones. The biggest change though was that ATTACK no longer( between 12.0.x and 12.1 and FM11) has counter attack ticked, the none tracking back wingers and that the AI now uses more shouts ( and more wisely)

Yup, and unbalanced approaches immediately fell foul of this few changes

Its à miss on communication from SI. There HAS been ME changes but they are so small that they are not om the changelist. And yes, they only effects those using umbalanced tactics never meant to be used.( i. e not tested by the testing team) Also notice the AI behaviour has been tweaked and the AI computer team are more likely to use shouts and OIs to react to your formation.

Example: If you are using à Narrow formation without wingers or without fullbacks and the AI is playing à flat 442, then the AI will be more likely to exploit the flanks. If you play without à DMC and the AI uses one more AMCs, then the middle.

Last edited:
Its à miss on communication from SI. There HAS been ME changes but they are so small that they are not om the changelist. And yes, they only effects those using umbalanced tactics never meant to be used.( i. e not tested by the testing team) Also notice the AI behaviour has been tweaked and the AI computer team are more likely to use shouts and OIs to react to your formation.

Example: If you are using à Narrow formation without wingers or without fullbacks and the AI is playing à flat 442, then the AI will be more likely to exploit the flanks. If you play without à DMC and the AI uses one more AMCs, then the middle.

Think this is actually in the patch release notes, but not under ME.

People, if your tactic is suddenly falling apart on this, then it probably wasnt very structurally sound in the first place.

Think this is actually in the patch release notes, but not under ME.

People, if your tactic is suddenly falling apart on this, then it probably wasnt very structurally sound in the first place.

It sounds like the ME hasn't changed but the way the computer implements its own tactics has changed which would explain why some tactics are not working the same even if the match engine is the same.