LW- Luis Nani
CF- Javier Hernandez
CF- Wayne Rooney

I'm not biased, honest.

VDS

Sagna/Rafael Vidiv Kompany Baines

Nani YaYa Modric Nasri

Berbatov Tevez​

GK: Cech - Quality goalkeeper, only just edged out the others, though.
RB: Sagna - Performed fairly consistently, in an otherwise inconsistent season for Arsenal.
LB: Baines - What didn't he do right? Oh, thats right, he played on the left side (See what i did there?)
CB: Vidic - Stepped up to the plate, and managed to form a partnership with Smalling.
CB: Hangeland - Played consistently for Fulham. Helped them to their top half finish.
CM: Adam - The shining light in the Blackpool team.
CM: Yaya Toure - I had my doubts about how he would perform in the EPL, and he proved me wrong.
CM: van der Vaart - Amazing start of the season. Kept the other teams within reach with his goals.
LW: Downing - Put his injury woes behind him, to, hopefully, get his career back on track.
RW: Kuyt - Not notably a right winger, but played well enough for most of the season, before blowing the league apart after January.
ST: Odemwingie - His goals kept West Brom up. 'Nuff said.

No 2 players from the same team. Just to make it difficult ;)

lol Sanga. Not even the best RB in London and a bird has clearly shat on his head. Ivanovic FTW

lolwut.

FIRST XI

VDS

Sagna - Vidic - Kompany - Baines

Yaya Toure - Modric

Nani - RvP - Nasri

Bent

SUBS:

Robinson
Ivanovic
Ferdinand
Wilshere
Parker
Odemwingie
Tevez​

I think the right back position is a struggle really...No-one really stood out this season...Ivanovic, Sagna seem to be in most teams but neither were really outstanding...
Baines ...got to admit had an excellent season...
And Odemwingie was a surprise..

lol Sanga. Not even the best RB in London and a bird has clearly shat on his head. Ivanovic FTW

I think the right back position is a struggle really...No-one really stood out this season...Ivanovic, Sagna seem to be in most teams but neither were really outstanding...
Baines ...got to admit had an excellent season...
And Odemwingie was a surprise..

Sagna has probably been our best player this season tbh (bar RvP, but he only played half a season) - consistently excellent and very rarely makes a mistake so when he does, like against Villa (which was also Squillaci's fault), it gets noticed more. Ivanovic hasn't had the best season IMO and isn't as good offensively as he is defensively. He's a very good RB but imho Sagna is, and has been, the best in the league - largely because he combines good offensive work down the wing with tracking back and being strong in the tackle defensively. He's our unsung hero.

GK: Van Der Sar

RB: Rafael
CB: Vidic
CB: Kompany
LB: Clichy

RM: Modric
CM: Parker
CM: Yaya Toure
LM: David Silva

ST: Tevez
ST: Robin Van Persie

Subs:
Berbatov
Hernandez
Luiz
Baines
Foster
Bale
Nani

(Well aware the midfield is basically 4 central players lol)

Call me biased, IDC..

But it is the same as the majority, except have N'Zogbia @ RM and Al-Habsi in goal.. Wigan would be dead bottom, with 15 points at least, less than we have now if it wasn't for the heroics of Al-Habsi and Charles N'Zogbia.

Cech
Sagna Kompany Vidic Baines
Modric Lucas Yaya
RVP Tevez Nani

Modric should be in every team. Shame on those of you who excluded him.

32 games, 3 goals and 2 assists?

Not the greatest contribution from a playmaker assist wise!! ;)

My team would be:

Habsi
Sagna - Vidic - Kompany - Baines
Nani - Modric - Lucas - Dempsey
Tevez - Van Persie

Robbo
Modric Yaya Wilshere
RVP Tevez N'Zogbia

If I relied on stats to tell the story, then Arshavin would be my Player of the Season.

Well here is mine!
GK: Van der Sar
LB: Leighton Baines
RB: Sagna
CB: Vidic
CB: Kompany
LM: Nani
CM: Yaya Toure
CM: Jack Wilshere
RM: Downing
ST: Tevez
ST: Hernandez

Subs:
GK: Scezney
D1: Rafael
D2: Hangeland
M1: Van der Vart
M2: C Adams
M3: Parker
ST1: Van Persie

If I relied on stats to tell the story, then Arshavin would be my Player of the Season.

Must admit that stats are an odd showing this season. Drogba, Arshavin and Fabregas are some of the top assister's despite have poor seasons.

Must admit that stats are an odd showing this season. Drogba, Arshavin and Fabregas are some of the top assister's despite have poor seasons.

The stats clearly show Fabregas hasn't had a poor season ;)

Robbo
Modric Yaya Wilshere
RVP Tevez N'Zogbia

That's big of you, CJ. That must have taken some real balls to put not one, not two, but THREE Arsenal players in a team that only features one Spurs player, and an ex Spud. I didn't expect that - I'm overcome with surprise and delight that our players get some recognition from the worse side of North London ;)

The stats clearly show Fabregas hasn't had a poor season ;)

That's big of you, CJ. That must have taken some real balls to put not one, not two, but THREE Arsenal players in a team that only features one Spurs player, and an ex Spud. I didn't expect that - I'm overcome with surprise and delight that our players get some recognition from the worse side of North London ;)

What can I say? I'm not that biast tbf.

Couldn't really leave out RVP after 18 goals in 17 games? Wasn't so sure about Wilshere but couldn't really think of that many standout performers...

Cech
Modric Lucas Yaya
RVP Tevez Nani

Was the exact team I would have picked. EXACTLY the same.

Good choice.

GK: Hart

Ivanovic Vidic Kompany Baines

Nani Adam Modric Bale

Tevez Van Persie

Those of you who put VDV obviously didn't see many Spurs games the second half of the season, he's been very average.

What can I say? I'm not that biast tbf.

Couldn't really leave out RVP after 18 goals in 17 games? Wasn't so sure about Wilshere but couldn't really think of that many standout performers...

That's why I went with a 4-4-2, couldn't come up with three truly outstanding CMs. Wilshere's been excellent, but not quite as outstanding as Yaya or Modric. (not that there's any shame in that)

Honourable mentions in my team go to Lucas, RVP, Ivanovic, VDV, Parker, Berbatov, Giggs, Kuyt, Cech, Suarez, Odemwingie, Nasri and Hernandez. Apologies for rather major bias in including Downing. ;)

Last edited:
My Team of the Season

GK: Edwin Van Der Sar - The United No.1 has been solid as always, and has helped them to their 19th title.

RB: Branislav Ivanovic - The Serbian has been solid at the back for Chelsea this season, although he does not pose much of an attacking threat.

CB: Nemanja Vidic - A solid skipper who is a no-nonsense defender and will dominate the air.

CB: David Luiz - A good attacking defender, who is good in the air, and is quick, covering Vidic's weakness.

LB: Leyton Baines - A fantastic left back who can go forward as well as defend.

DM: Scott Parker - One of the most improved players of the season, with great athletic ability and strength, as well as being a great leader.

CM: Yaya Toure - A hard-working box-to-box midfield who has been a good signing for City.

CM: Luka Modric - Another player with superb technical ability and balances the midfield well, with Toure and Parker more athletic and stronger, but with, in my opinion, better technique.

AM: David Silva - The Spaniard has shown his technique and ability this season, playing as City's playmaker.

ST: Javier Hernandez - One of the best performers and signings of the season!

CF: Didier Drogba - Would of actually put Tevez here, but 'Chicharito' needs a good deep-lying target man as he is a poacher.

‘Smaller clubs’ Team of the Season*

GK: Ben Foster – A good goalkeeper for Brum this season, and kept a respectable defensive record.

RB: Kyle Walker – The England under-21 international has done well for Aston Villa this season, after earning a first team place.

CB: Christopher Samba – The Blackburn skipper has lead them away from the relegation zone this season, making sure that they have conceded less than 20 goals.

CB: Phil Jagielka – He is a fairly athletic defender and is a very solid player, often saving Everton from conceding.

LB: Jose Enrique – After another good season in a Newcastle shirt, being competent attacking and defending, Enrique has been linked with some top clubs.

DM: Steven N’Zonzi – A bargain for Blackburn after being signed from Amiens for only £500,000, the defensive midfielder has been fantastic defensively for Rovers.

CM: Kevin Nolan – Newcastle’s skipper has excelled this season, finishing as Newcastle’s top scorer.Nolan is a good all-round player, good at defending and attacking.

CM: Karl Henry – Henry does not have the best technique, but what he lacks in technique he makes up for in determination and leadership. Henry always gives his all, as the Wolves club captain, and is a great ball-winning midfielder.

AM: Charlie Adam – A fantastic signing from Rangers by ‘Pool boss Ian Holloway, Adam has been pulling the strings in midfield for Blackpool this season.

ST: Darren Bent – A natural poacher, and has scored many goals this season, for both Aston Villa and Sunderland.

CF: Peter Odemwingie – Another goalscoring striker, Odemwingie has impressed fans by scoring 15 goals for West Brom.

*In this, 'small club' means a team that did not get into Europe, but notice I have only included 3 players from teams in the top 10.