Team of The season.

Best Players Overall This Season

GK Edwin Van Der Sar - The Flying Dutchman leaves us after another solid season between the posts
RB Bacary Sagna - Not much competition really, Preferred him to Ivanovic since he offers more attack-wise
LB Leighton Baines - Stellar Season from a man with a sweet left foot. Good Stuff!
CB Nemanja Vidic - Consistent at the back, aggressive in the tackle. Same old, same old...
CB Vincent Kompany - Tried to make his presence felt in every game, and did so relatively successfully
RM Luis Nani - Ironed out the inconsistencies of his past and put in a good shift on the wings for the red devils
LM Gareth Bale - Tight between him and Nasri. Both came in and out of the spotlight. Preferred the Welsh Wizard.
CM Yaya Toure - Brilliant Season which has seen him build a reputation for steamrolling-runs and domination from midfield
CM Luka Modric - The Creative Croation had a good season with spurs and is unlucky to have missed out on Champs Lge
ST Carlos Tevez - Nothing less than what is expected since the Argentine forward moved to the lesser side of Manchester.
ST Robin Van Persie - Even though he is not an out and out striker (similar to Rooney) and marred by injury, He. Was. Lethal.

'Impressed me the Most' Team

GK Al Habsi - Wow is all I have to say for a guy I previously laughed at for being from Omar. He silenced me when I saw him play
RB Fabio da Silva - Been impressed by the committed performances and confidence to run and get forward as well as score goals.
LB Jose Enrique - Brilliant season of tough-tackling and high energy performances. Good parntership with Jonas as well.
CB Chris Smalling - Impressed with the way he coped with important matches in the absence of Ferdinand.
CB Christopher Samba - Superb Season from Samba for Blackburn. He is a worthy captain and deserves to stay in the top flight
DM Cheik Tiote - Decent Season of good performances playing in defensive midfield for the toons.
CM Charlie Adam - Has been more than a player for Blackpool this season
CM Jack Wilshere - Established himself as England's next best thing. All-Round Guy who needs to improve his goalscoring.
AM Rafael Van Der Vaart - When he isn't injured. He was the best buy of the season in my opinion.
ST Javier Hernandez - Another bargain and an impressive debut season in the EPL
ST Peter Odemwingie - Good performances for Albion and showed passion in his drive to win games.

I have many team of the seasons up my sleeves....

'Top 6 Team of the season'

Van Der Sar

Zabaleta Vidic (C) Kompany Evra

Wilshere Modric

Silva Nani

Tevez Van Persie

Manager: Sir Alex
'Players that are not at top 6 clubs but are still awesome and a few of them would get in to my final team.'

Al Habsi

Walker Jagielka Huth Baines

Downing Adam Parker N'Zogbia

Gyan Odemwingie

Manager: Tony Pulis

VDS
Rafael Kompany Vidic Baines
Modric Yaya Wilshere
Nani Hernandez Tevez

Al Habsi
Sagna-Kompany-Phil Jones-Baines
Lucas-Toure-Parker
Odemwingie-Hernandez-Tevez

Special mentions to:
Kuyt
Wilshere
Modric
Adam
Jarvis
Elokobi
Van Der Saar
Friedel
Robinson
Samba
Hoillet
Olsson
And so on...

VDS
Ivanovic Vidic Kompany Baines
Downing Modric Toure Bale
Van Persie Tevez​

Subs:
Al Habsi
Dawson
BAE
Giggs
Parker
Meireless
Kuyt

Hart

Sagna Kompany Luiz Baines

Lucas
Nani Y.Toure Wilshere VDV

Tevez

Hart - Last season made himself known on loan at Birmingham City, came into City's big spending team this season and has made himself England's number 1. Also don't agree on putting Van der Sar in there 'because he's retiring'.

Sagna - Probably the weakest area of the PL this season. Sagna is the best in the league imo and has been one of Arsenal's best players in 10/11.
Kompany - Doesn't need an explanation, been the best centre half in the league.
Luiz - Picked him over Vidic because he's came into a new league and thrown straight into it and performed well. Getting more goals than Torres in a Chelsea shirt also helps. Only bad game was against Man Utd at Old Trafford and who doesn't have bad games there?
Baines - Underrated and deserves to be first choice left back in Team of the Year. Brilliant cross and produced the most assists by a defender at some point in the season. Ashley Cole is still the best left back in the league but based on a one season basis, Baines is.

Lucas - My favourite Liverpool player behind Gerrard. Like Baines, one of the most underrated players in the league. Liverpool would miss him a lot if he wasn't playing, gives balance to the team and was the 'top tackler' at one time this season. Class act.
Y.Toure - First season in the PL, in a more attacking role than he played at Barca and he has easily become one of the best attacking midfielders in the league. Strong, fast, can pass and has scored some important goals for City.
Wilshere - At 19 years old in his debut season has made himself an England regular and played joint top most games for Arsenal, says it all.

Nani - Finally has had a consistant season. Been the best winger in the league topping the assists chart with 18 and has scored some screamers. Ripped left and right backs apart all season.
VDV - Another player in his debut season. Been one of Tottenham's main players scoring for fun and finished with 9 assists. £8m proved to be a bargain and is up there with Hernandez for best buys of the season.

Tevez - Has again proved to be one of the best strikers in the world. Even though he likes to drop deep and dictate the play himself, creating chances for others rather than himself, has bagged 21 Premier League goals and finished joint top goalscorer.

Last edited:
VDS
Bains- Vidic- Kompany- Ivanovic
Giggs - Toure Y. - Modric
Nani ------------------ ?
Tevez​

Tevez... BLAH :mad:

GK: Van der Saar
RB: Sagna
CB: Vidic
CB: Phil Jones (suprise choice but been awesome for Blackburn)
LB: Baines
RM: Nani
CM: Yaya Toure
CM: Van der Vaart
LM: Modric
ST: Hernandez
ST: Tevez

Notable exceptions:

Valencia (had he played all season he'd definatly been in there)
Van Persie (same as above really)
Bale (good start but season tailed off after injury)
Suarez (only signed in january so cant really put him in a team of the SEASON)

I put him there because he's 'the best'.

That's your opinion. He has a great team infront of him and he isn't the reason they went unbeaten, and only conceded 12 goals at home. Man Utd and Man City both conceded the least goals in the league at home - 12. Joe Hart has made more saves than VDS and against Spurs made 8 saves in one match - his most in any PL game.

That's your opinion. He has a great team infront of him and he isn't the reason they went unbeaten, and only conceded 12 goals at home. Man Utd and Man City both conceded the least goals in the league at home - 12. Joe Hart has made more saves than VDS and against Spurs made 8 saves in one match - his most in any PL game.

Those are the written stats, Van Der Sar brings a lot more to the table than just saves.

My team of the season:

119246_Dream_Team.jpg