Team sucks when play with them but on holiday they are world beaters???

7enu7

Reaction score
whats going on I cant seem to score, win, or take hold of a game anymore. I have been using a tactic I for my last save and everything was working fine my first season. I won the league and got to the champs league final with Man Utd. Next season like around september, it's like my tactic stopped working for me and after barely making it to the europa league twice and spending 150 million pounds over 2 years trying to change my squad nothing is working. Could someone steer me in the right direction?

And on top of that chances they used to convert they find some way to miss ALL OF THEM!!!

You gotta mix it up, you cannot just play one tactic, its like real life, teams will work out the weakness and nullify your tactic.

You need to run 1-2 tactics parallel to your main tactic, use them occasionally to throw the AI off, the formation dont need to be different but the way they run needs to be different. This way teams can never really pin your tactics down and therefore you shouldnt be as predictable. Not sure if you have or not, but dont play the same starting 11's all the time, players become complacent when they know you arent subbing them around.

Also with regards to the Holiday vs actual Play, remember holidaying will be more successful because your team is full of good players and the game engine isnt running as many variables to determine outcomes. Whereas when you actually play the game engine takes everything into account, this is not the case with Holiday because obviously holidaying is to make things go faster.

You gotta mix it up, you cannot just play one tactic, its like real life, teams will work out the weakness and nullify your tactic.

You need to run 1-2 tactics parallel to your main tactic, use them occasionally to throw the AI off, the formation dont need to be different but the way they run needs to be different. This way teams can never really pin your tactics down and therefore you shouldnt be as predictable. Not sure if you have or not, but dont play the same starting 11's all the time, players become complacent when they know you arent subbing them around.

Also with regards to the Holiday vs actual Play, remember holidaying will be more successful because your team is full of good players and the game engine isnt running as many variables to determine outcomes. Whereas when you actually play the game engine takes everything into account, this is not the case with Holiday because obviously holidaying is to make things go faster.

I dont know if your reply holds weight because I have tried using different tactics with 3 different teams and all have the same result. I even retired and started with another team and still ALL my strikers cant score. I dont know what it is but i do know that what you said is not the answer.

are your players competent playing the other tactics ?? maybe your players are not gelling, try the teamwork prep before your next game see if that helps :)

I dont know if your reply holds weight because I have tried using different tactics with 3 different teams and all have the same result. I even retired and started with another team and still ALL my strikers cant score. I dont know what it is but i do know that what you said is not the answer.

In short your approach to the game is flawed. first thing first, stop spending money, start applying some real football logic to your side. Start thinking about a tactical approach that you want, are the players you have capable of it, start thinking about how you want to create space for your players to attack etc

I dont think you understand I have tried everything in the book!! Im not even spending money anymore! every tactic I use no matter which one I cant score and cant defend. Ive been sacked 3 times back to back to back, and Ive only been sacked once in my whole fm career(started in 09). no matter what I do nothing changes and i dont think a tactic determines if you have 20 shots on goal and no goals in 9 straight games against inferior teams.

i even reinstalled the game and the same thing is happening

Last edited:
Reinstalling won't change anything. I always ensure I have a total of 3 tactics, and only get players in when I have to, to ensure stability. Spending too much on a lot of players over a couple of seasons can unbalance the side and it will backfire. And you have to ensure the tactics and such suite the players and their roles.

Or if you have to, have a look at the different tactics available in the downloads-there are some plug and play ones there too.

Last edited:
Well, Jono and Mike did say right, with most tactics you should have 1-2 backup tactics and use it 2-3 games to throw the AI off and you should use some real football logic... on the other hand, you should try and improve your current tactic in some way...

View attachment 226729View attachment 226730

This is my tactic and my results in second season CL with a club which sold its reputation due to bad management, politicians which stole money etc. I haven't cheated at all... this tactic seems to surprise most of the time my opponents... for e.g. I was better than Milan in both games, yet we didn't score(credit to Amelia and Abbiati)... It is as unpredictable as I could make it... also, if you wonder how I have so many foreigners in my club, the reason is I can't get good enough Croatians(which aren't at the club already) who can match these foreigners... as for match rules you can have max. 5 foreigners in squad, and I have about 10-15 Croatians which are good enough for our shi**y league...

I dont think you understand I have tried everything in the book!! Im not even spending money anymore! every tactic I use no matter which one I cant score and cant defend. Ive been sacked 3 times back to back to back, and Ive only been sacked once in my whole fm career(started in 09). no matter what I do nothing changes and i dont think a tactic determines if you have 20 shots on goal and no goals in 9 straight games against inferior teams.

I'll be blunt, if you are failing with every team, then your approach is rubbish to be brutally honest. The fault isnt with the game so reinstalling it wont save you. The fault is with you. Pick one side. Then stop, and think about what you are trying to achieve in term of how your side plays football, then come back to this thread and ask for advice

what you guys dont understand is that I have 3 tactics that im rotating them and I had been doing all that for seasons and them all of a sudden THEY ALL stopped working. Dont just sit that and give me the same answer when I tell you that I have tried the advice and it does not work.

what you guys dont understand is that I have 3 tactics that im rotating them and I had been doing all that for seasons and them all of a sudden THEY ALL stopped working. Dont just sit that and give me the same answer when I tell you that I have tried the advice and it does not work.

And i will say it again. if all your tactics are failing then it is your approach that is the flaw. If you cannot accept that then this thread is pointless.

You need to give much more information on your side

And now we know what you are doing wrong! NEVER, EVER ROTATE TACTICS! USE 1 most of the time, and that's the one you feel most comfortable with!

Yes and give screenshots and more info of you tactics!

And also, judging by the title you holidayed and became world beaters. Well, that's not always advisable. If you keep holidaying, then start to oversee games, it's asking for trouble. Especially if you're unproven (I don't know what level you gave yourself). And also think carefully about your touchline shouts/pre-match instructions.

And now we know what you are doing wrong! NEVER, EVER ROTATE TACTICS! USE 1 most of the time, and that's the one you feel most comfortable with!

Yes and give screenshots and more info of you tactics!

There is nothing wrong with rotating approach as long its coherent, however i doubt anything he is doing is coherent

I dont think you read the op I have been having success for years now all of sudden I dont have success. i dont think my approach is bad son. Like i said before I was doing fine and then all of a sudden I cant even win a game against league two opposition. so like i said before I dont know what happened, you dont go from having multiple seasons winning titles then getting sacked because all of a sudden nothing is working for you.

There is nothing wrong with rotating approach as long its coherent, however i doubt anything he is doing is coherent

well, rotating them too much is what he is doing, judging by what he said... and I know that too, but they shouldn't be changed after like 5 games, rather after 30 or 40, then if you need to change tactics, change them... yes, playing a game 2 years and still can't get it right, even with Man Utd... come on...

I dont think you read the op I have been having success for years now all of sudden I dont have success. i dont think my approach is bad son. Like i said before I was doing fine and then all of a sudden I cant even win a game against league two opposition. so like i said before I dont know what happened, you dont go from having multiple seasons winning titles then getting sacked because all of a sudden nothing is working for you.

post screenshots!

Well until we get more info we can't help but it's obvious that somethings askew. Need stuff like formations, player roles, the players you have that sort of thing. Simply not enough info at the moment. Post them then you'll get help.