Team talks dont work since the update!??

i think its to do with past experience because i went to check i put my past experience as sunday league got no reaction and then i went as a international footballer and got more reactions

It's ******* bullshit. SI and Steam have really ****** me off tonight.

wish people would stop whinging and actually read the very long thread at SI about this. It was too easy to get a good reaction regardless of rep, and morale stuck at the extremes all too often.

Your reputation is more important, as it should be. if you are a no mark sunday league rep manager at united, the players will give you short shrift until your rep grows and you gain their respect. Guess what guys, you actually have to think about what you say! Like a real manager!

wish people would stop whinging and actually read the very long thread at SI about this. It was too easy to get a good reaction regardless of rep, and morale stuck at the extremes all too often.

Your reputation is more important, as it should be. if you are a no mark sunday league rep manager at united, the players will give you short shrift until your rep grows and you gain their respect. Guess what guys, you actually have to think about what you say! Like a real manager!

Pretty much bang on. Having the motivational problem in my Swansea save. Like I've told a few people-less experience, the harder it's going to be. Hardly rocket science.

Last edited:
The team talks work the same, whats been changed though is how players react to you. If you're a world class manager and respected by the players your team talks will get a positive reaction usually. If you are just starting out though and have no reputation in the game (ex sunday league footballer for eg) players wont take much notice of you in team talks. Its up to your management skills to earn respect within the game.

One of the issues I have found with that is that Team Talks have such a massive influence on how your players play. If you give the perfect team talk in the perfect situation, but the players do not respond because of your reputation and you lose games how is that productive?

One of the issues I have found with that is that Team Talks have such a massive influence on how your players play. If you give the perfect team talk in the perfect situation, but the players do not respond because of your reputation and you lose games how is that productive?

Welcome to management.

It's not meant to be productive, it's meant to be realistic.

Welcome to management.

It's not meant to be productive, it's meant to be realistic.

I am amused with Steam getting blamed for this "problem". I'm incredibly baffled with how people are only happy with a game being as realistic as possible.....and yet never will be happy because it's too realistic.

I have this problem too, before the update my teamtalks were realistic, they worked when I praised them after they win for example but now they are either demotivated to dont listen or whatever, its so frustrating :(

From what I read from other forums the team meeting can be taken place nearer or at the start of the actual season as apose to duing pre season.

if you use the same teamtalk over and over it becomes less effective could be that

The team talks work the same, whats been changed though is how players react to you. If you're a world class manager and respected by the players your team talks will get a positive reaction usually. If you are just starting out though and have no reputation in the game (ex sunday league footballer for eg) players wont take much notice of you in team talks. Its up to your management skills to earn respect within the game.

Ok so I have the same issue, however whilst I agree with what you say JP, I feel its been thrown to far to the other end of the scale. My current Manager is in charge of Sunderland, his previous experience is a Professional Footballer. I cannot get a positive reaction from my players no matter what I do, my team is 7th, the board loves me and several players switch off during teamtalks, Im amazed im in the top half of the table when half my team is in a bad mood and always switching off during teamtalks.

I agree with the mechanic of respect based on reputation but I think its all rather one sided atm, Im not a Sunday League Footballer Im a former Professional and no one listens to me. IMO they need to rejig the mechanic slightly, because a team like Sunderland should be responding to me better then this and its only since the patch that its become a pain in the ****.

I have this problem too, before the update my teamtalks were realistic, they worked when I praised them after they win for example but now they are either demotivated to dont listen or whatever, its so frustrating :(

No before the updates, reputation and team talks were not realistic. it was far too easy to maintain superb morale.

People also seem to miss the point on morale and team talk as well, its entirely contextual.

No before the updates, reputation and team talks were not realistic. it was far too easy to maintain superb morale.

People also seem to miss the point on morale and team talk as well, its entirely contextual.

I agree with what you say there Mike, every game I lost I just yelled at the team and they all got motivated and fired up. I get the way they want to it to work, however Im interested in what you think of my current situation (The one I've mentioned a little earlier in the thread).

agree

yep im with the guy i cant get anyone to respond, to any of my team talks, maybe 1 or maxim of 2, and you cannot tell your team, dont get complacent EVER, or they fall to pieces, and everyone is angry, thats with playing chelsea and agiasnt wolves at 1-0 up, not playign good either, im also stuck with having like 20+ shots per game and cannot score, (THATS WITHOUT TORRES ON THE PITCH) so you cant blame it on him :D its getting so frustrating that i think im gonna quit, as i dont save game/ use FMRTE, i take my game serious, and if this is the case its pointless to play and i really wouldnt reccomend this as a game unless they fix it, more like a database with no gameplay atm,