ohembrough747

Reaction score
Since starting another save with the same team in the new patch my players seem to lose focus at the most ridiculous times in teamtalks. I go for the same ones as before, and look at what the assistant manager advises, but they either don't react at all or react negatively. Anyone else noticed this?

I tend to just ask the AM to take the half time team talk, then I will go ahead and give each set a separate team talk. Works well for me 90% of the time.

I have noticed that the AM's talks are rendering "no reaction" most of the time.

wht team talks do you usually go for? mine just are a,ways negative at the moment

usually use "passionate" or "calm" depends if i am home or away, usually tell them i have faith in their ability (if we are tied or losing) will amp them up and tell them to go out there and finish the job if we are winning. I'm playing with cardiff in the prem atm so it really depends on who i am playing!

i'm man united, so i used to calm or passionately (rivals) tell them i expected a win (most the time) and that worked well, now, i either get a negative reaction, or nothing at all, i've had one positive reaction in 9 team talks

have you been playing away from home a lot?! Sometimes if you use the same team talk over and over again they'll just get fed up with hearing it.

Plus, if you are playing away from home try and be a little more positive. If you are playing wolves and you are winning 2-0 at half at the molineux tell them that they are playing well. They'll respond more positively to that. Also depends who you have on the team, I find anytime i try constructive critism with Berb in the lineup he just moans then the rest of the team get negative reactions too.

Made a thread about this yesterday, exactly the same problem, ive given up with it now i leave all team talks alone it makes no difference since the new patch.

I have the same problem. I'm Sporting Lisbon and my reputation is Sunday League footballer and every team talk it's takes no notice or loses focus... performances drop so much because of it. Ruined the game.

I have the same problem with my Gladbach team, 2-3 of my players get negative reactions on every team talk. Is this a bug?

Yeah, it's very, very annoying, i'm guessing a few seasons down the line they'll listen....

Personally I think they fixed a bug with the new update. The team talks were way too easy. I mean like, you could be Barnsley, loosing 6-0 away to real Madrid and aggressively screaming at them suddenly made them motivated. It just didn't add up for me. In real life, team talks are an art that some managers have never been able to master: Ex Hull manager Phil Brown springs to mind. If you are finding team talks hard then that's because they are supposed to be. I don't expect people to agree with my opinion, but I love the fact that its now gotten harder; now team talks are more satisfying as I have to really think about what to say instead of pushing a pre-recorded sequence of buttons I learned though a few seasons worth of FM12 playing. That's my two cents anyway.

Personally I think they fixed a bug with the new update. The team talks were way too easy. I mean like, you could be Barnsley, loosing 6-0 away to real Madrid and aggressively screaming at them suddenly made them motivated. It just didn't add up for me. In real life, team talks are an art that some managers have never been able to master: Ex Hull manager Phil Brown springs to mind. If you are finding team talks hard then that's because they are supposed to be. I don't expect people to agree with my opinion, but I love the fact that its now gotten harder; now team talks are more satisfying as I have to really think about what to say instead of pushing a pre-recorded sequence of buttons I learned though a few seasons worth of FM12 playing. That's my two cents anyway.

Fair enough :) I personally thought Phil Brown wasn't that bad...and that the half time on pitch team-talk was quite a funny/good idea lol!

I think there should be a happy meduim though, its basically gone from 1 extreme to the other, before you more often than not always got a good response from a common sense team talk where as now you get ****** all, i can understand the logic of making it a little more challenging but its gone to ridiculous levels now, ive played nearly half a season in a new city save and ive had about 3 players respond to the 30 odd team talks ive given, how is that realistic??

It has gone from one extreme to the other.

Hopefully, they will find a happy medium soon.

Team talks arent broeken, its a deliberate fix that actually works.

there is a thread on si games about the difficulty of FM, it details why the changes were made. this was something asked for by members of the community. You actually have to think about team talks in a managerial way, rather than a gamey way

I have noticed this since update. It`s so annoying. Playing as United I have won my last 6 games every time at half time I use passion or calm and tell them to keep it up. At full time again I use calm or passion to let them know its a good result.....I have had negative reactions from 2-3 players EVERY game?

I have noticed this since update. It`s so annoying. Playing as United I have won my last 6 games every time at half time I use passion or calm and tell them to keep it up. At full time again I use calm or passion to let them know its a good result.....I have had negative reactions from 2-3 players EVERY game?

Not all players are the same, and win isnt always a good result. If you are constantly getting red's then you should probably be looking to adjust your approach. remeber rep will have an effect. team talks are entirely contextual.

I've noticed this, as well. I'm getting quite a few no reactions and "Angered" players.